My Cousin Had End-Stage Cancer

If you would like to be notified of future posts:

*Follow Me on Twitter @Saya_Underworld
*Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/saya_in_underworld

My other social media accounts (for my artwork etc.)


❤️❤️ UPDATING EVERY SATURDAY
NEXT UPDATE will be ON 14th January 

Dearest my blog readers,

Wishing you a very Happy New Year, filled with Peace, Love and Joy!

Lots of Love from Saya๐Ÿ’–


"I will bring you good luck ๐Ÿ’•"

(Translated and arranged by Saya)

This is a story about my cousin. 

My cousin and I are very close. 
When my cousin turned 25, he was diagnosed as having end-stage cancer. 

The whole family was disheartened by the news because he was a person of great promise.
He had a girlfriend at the time, but he broke up with her after giving her some white lie, so that she wouldn't have to suffer with him.

One year had passed since the diagnosis, and he was still alive thanks to anticancer drugs; but they were slowly losing their effectiveness, and the tumour was growing bigger and bigger.

Up until then, he had kept his spirits up, but now having realised that his days were numbered, he began to often bring up the topic of death in our conversations.

I tried to ease his mind by giving him these words of comfort:
"The remedy for cancer might exist within your own body. Starting today, you should pray for your recovery by repeating some phrases every day, like mantras, in your head."
(This has no scientific basis. I just read it in a book called something like "Miraculous Recovery from Cancer.")

Another month had passed, and one day my cousin told me a strange story when I visited him in the hospital.

He told me that he had been having the same dream once every week, and it was about a man in white coat riding on a large white serpent, who would visit him to give him some medical treatment. 
"It looks like the tumour has already spread to the brain," we laughed, making a joke out of it.

However, from then on, strange changes started happening to his body.
He began to get his physical strength and appetite back. 
The tumours inside him not even stopped growing bigger, but they were shrinking.

"It may be possible to remove it now," the doctor said. But I couldn't believe his words because he only managed to perform a palliative surgery on him before. 

But they decided to go ahead with the surgery. The day before it was scheduled, my cousin had a dream in which the man in white coat appeared again.
"This is the last treatment you will receive from me," he said.
"Who are you?"
My cousin asked him on the spur of the moment.
"I am someone you have created," the man replied.

The surgery was successful. Or rather, they discovered that almost no tumour was left in his body.
"Did he get treatment elsewhere?"
"Why?"
The doctor looked perplexed.
"I saw some new surgical wounds that I didn't recognize.... Perhaps I am mistaken...." 

I was shocked. Actually, I was quite creeped out.
The doctor said that he knew some very rare cases in the past where patients made a full recovery from terminal cancer. 

I thought those wounds must have been made by that doctor in my cousin's dream, but of course I didn't say anything because no one would have believed me. 

That was not the end of the miracle.
After having fully recovered from the cancer, he --- being an honest man --- contacted his ex girlfriend for the first time in months, only because he wanted to apologize to her. 
A few years later, they got married. The ceremony took place only a few days ago. 
I must add that the whole family of the groom was in tears throughout the ceremony, knowing the ordeal he had gone through. 




⭐Some responses to the story:

I heard before about a boy in a foreign country who had an inoperable brain tumour, and he kept visualising in his head "I won't be defeated by the tumour," and "the tumour is disappearing." 
One day he woke up and suddenly said, "my tumours are gone!" 
The doctors examined him and found that the tumours were indeed gone. 


My boyfriend has had lung cancer for six years. 
The 5 year survival rate for lung cancer is about 5% (Note: now it has apparently increased to 20-something %)...But somehow he is almost cured of it now.

I think it's because I have been to Izumo Taisha and Oisemairi (Note: pilgrimage to Ise Grand Shrine) and prayed to the gods that I will give half of my lifespan if only they will cure my boyfriend.

Once I was told that my lifespan was 87 years old. I didn't want to live that long, so it's OK by me. 


The god Asclepius carries a snake or rides on a snake, doesn't he?

That's why many health institutes use Asclepius's rod  in their logo.
Even if the cousin knew about Asclepius, it isn't a well-known god in Japan, so I'm impressed that it made an appearance SP naturally in his visualisation.


In Japan too, we have Omononushi, who is a god of medicine and snake.


I have seen it on a TV documentary too! Someone visualized shooting their cancer with a gun or something every day, and in time it was gone! I remember it because I thought if I ever had cancer in the future I would try doing the same thing.


---------------------------------
In Japan, white snake is regarded as a scared creature that brings good luck (especially financial luck)!

Reasons why White Snake is lucky:
1. White Snake is rare and its rarity led people to believe that it is a bringer of good luck.
2. Snake is the god of water (like dragon), and water is the source of all living things.
3. Snake preys on mice which damage grains.
4. Snake has amazing vitality --- it can survive on very little food.
5. Its shedding of skin symbolises renewal, healing, and long life.
6. The pattern on the snake skin resembles the gold coin (koban ๅฐๅˆค).
7. It is a messenger of Benzaiten who is a goddess of  wealth (links below)





The famous white snake shrines:



This video shows the real white snakes of Iwakuni at the end!



Twitter Account:


How to Enjoy Hebikubo Shrine (VR video)



White Snake Prayer: 
White Snake God will grant you any wish!








Comments

Hello everyone!

I hope this story will bring you good luck too!
Thank you so much for your support throughout this year!

REMEMBER that I will NOT be posting next week!
I will be back on 14th January!

Thank you so much! Much love❤️๐Ÿ’–❤️๐Ÿ’–❤️๐Ÿ’–
Anonymous said…
Hey Saya! Azee here. What a great story to end 2022! I wish upon the picture of the cute white snake for your blog to gain more traffic, hoping that someday, someone turns your stories into an anime or a live action film XD I'll look forward to it. Hope you and your love ones have a great 2023 and we'll see you when you're back! Happy Holiday Saya! <3
Anonymous said…
Happy new year Saya! this is my first time commenting but ive been reading your blog since about 2015. Thank you so much for translating and bringing all types of stories to us, its been a pleasure and your work is appreciated. Please stay happy and healthy this year too!
Hello, Azee! I'm you find the story appropriate for the end of the year!⭐

I think someone has already created a short film based on the story about a woman with red eyes in the US! I have seen it once! ๐Ÿ˜†๐ŸŒŸ

Thank you so much for your kind wishes!
I am also wishing you and your family a Happy New Year full of peace, love and happiness!

See you soon ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–
Happy New Year ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“
Thank you so much for taking the time to drop a comment!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

Also thank you so much for being a fan of this blog for so long! You're so sweet and kind!๐Ÿฅฐ❤️❤️❤️

I'm wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful year ahead! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•
Anonymous said…
Happy New Year! Best Wishes and Happiness for you Saya!
Thanks for the heartwarming story :D
Also I love Snakes :3 -<
I hope you, your loved ones, and everyone you care and love have happy and healthy 2023 , now take your time, have some rest, I'll be waiting patiently for your stories XD
Second Sun said…
Sayaaaaa!! ใƒฉใ‚นใƒˆใฎ2022็ฟป่จณใŠ็–ฒใ‚Œๆง˜ใงใ—ใŸ!!

A warm story to end the year on a great note!! The trivia on the White Snake is also interesting! I shall go to the shrine when I travel to Japan ๐Ÿคฃ

Thank you for your hard work this past year!!
ใ‚ใ‘ใŠใ‚!! ไปŠๅนดใ‚‚ใ‚ˆใ‚ใ—ใใŠ้ก˜ใ„่‡ดใ—ใพใ™ใญ!
(⁠◍⁠•⁠แด—⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠✧⁠*⁠。
Anonymous said…
HAPPY NEW YEAR SAYA! Thank you so much for this story. This is truly a miracle. Sometimes I wonder if all patients who are going through these illnesses try to think about “killing” the illnesses. Or if people just often let it get to them. This story is a case of not letting the cancer get to your head and always think you’ll be ok. Happy holidays Saya! I hope and pray for your many blessings and good health! - Amuletyu
allucinator said…
Happy New Year! ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜

I see so many white snakes in media. Orochimaru was inspired from it. In Sekiro, some people worship the snake, and the snake there is a giant. One can also have some white snakes inside their guts when they eat too much raw fish.
Fairy said…
What a beautiful story, Saya-san!

I really hope it’s a true story, it’s such a wonderful thought. The human brain truly is an amazing thing isn’t it? Placebos can work just due to the power of suggestion I’ve heard.

I hope you have a wonderful new year! Enjoy your time away, I hope you get lots of rest!
Happy New Year, dear ๐Ÿฅฐ❤️

That's good you love snakes ๐Ÿ˜†⭐

Thank you so much for your wishes! May the year 2023 bring you and your loved ones many blessings that fill your heart with love and joy!

See you soon!❤️
Second Sun ใกใ‚ƒใ‚“、ๆ˜Žใ‘ใพใ—ใฆใŠใ‚ใงใจใ†ใ”ใ–ใ„ใพใ™!ไปŠๅนดใ‚‚ใ‚ˆใ‚ใ—ใใŠ้ก˜ใ„่‡ดใ—ใพใ™๐Ÿ™

You should definitely visit one of those shrines! I don't think I have ever been to a white snake shrine so I should go to one myself ๐Ÿ˜†⭐

You're very welcome and thank you so much for your past contribution to my blog ๐Ÿ’– I hope we have many occasions to interact this year too!

Bless you!✨⭐
Happy New Year!๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’“

I think our thoughts really have a big impact on our body! It's always best to think positively!

I wish you and your loved ones happiness, love, success and prosperity! May it be the best year of your life ๐Ÿ’•⭐⭐⭐
Happy New Year to you!
I hope this year will be another happy year for you, filled with joy, success and prosperity!

Yes don't eat raw fish unless it's properly prepared ๐Ÿ˜…
I have heard stories like this before, and I hope it's true too!๐Ÿ˜†⭐

Yes, don't underestimate the power of placebo! Mind has power over matters!

Thank you so much!
May this year be an amazing year for you and your loved ones, and bring you many blessings! I'm wishing you happiness, love success and prosperity!
Take care and see you soon ๐Ÿ’–
Anonymous said…
Happy new year ms saya! I look forward to another one with your transalted stories in it!
Happy New Year, dear๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ’•
I wish you receive many blessings this year!

I hope I can entertain you with another amazing story when I come back on 14th!
George V said…
The mind is an amazing and unknown source of inner power. Thanks Saya!
You're welcome! ๐Ÿ˜„⭐Yes, Indeed! Our mind is a powerful tool and we should use it wisely!๐Ÿ˜†✨

Thank you so much for your comment!