Suicide Apartment

If you would like to be notified of future posts:

*Follow Me on Twitter @Saya_Underworld
*Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/saya_in_underworld
(Translated and arranged by Saya)

Abandoned Apartment

I heard this from my cousin. 

There are several quite famous haunted places in our area, and one of them is a small apartment building in which (it was rumoured) someone committed suicide a long time ago. 

Because of the decrease in population in the area, the apartment building is now empty and abandoned (but quite clean). 
My cousin and his friend went there, looking for a bit of spook and shiver. 

They had heard that the room in which the suicide took place was on the first floor, but they didn't know exactly which room it was. 

Once they were inside the building, they tried to enter all the rooms but most of them appeared to be locked.

But they found one door which was open. They didn't immediately go in but went on to check all the other rooms and, having found all the others  locked, came back to this room.  


 Fearfully they opened the door ---- 


---- but found nothing inside. 
Nothing happened to them while they were in there either. 


Disappointed, they left the apartment. 

When they came out of the entrance, they passed by a group of teenage boys. 

"They must have come to play kimodameshi (a test of courage**) too." 

Just as they thought that, they heard a piercing scream of a woman from the apartment building. 

"Hmm? Did those boys have a girl with them too?" 

They wondered, and got into their car and drove to the nearest convenience store to chat over coffee. 

Not long after that, the boys whom they had passed by at the apartment came into the store too.  

My cousin noticed that there were only boys and no girls in the group.

"Didn't you take a girl with you?"
He asked the boys. 

"No. It's only us who went there. "
The boys replied. 

Hmm? My cousin was puzzled. 
Then they went on to talk about the apartment. 

My cousin asked the boys:
"I was surprised only one of the rooms was open at the apartment!" 

"Huh?" 

"I mean there was only one room that we could enter. Didn't you guys go in there and have a look?"

"We did, but..." 
The boys looked at one another, looking confused. 
"When we went to the apartment, only one room was locked. All the other rooms were open. " 

My cousin said that he had goosebumps all over his body when he heard this.


------------------------------
** Kimodameshi (きもだめし or 肝試し; lit. "test one's liver"),[1] or test of courage is a Japanese activity in which people explore frightening, and potentially dangerous, places to build up courage. (Wikipedia)



Kimodameshi is often played in the summer, possibly because that is the time when we celebrate Obon and spirits temporarily return to this world.
(Also people tell each other ghost stories to feel cooler in the hot weather πŸ˜†✨)



------------------------------

I like this kind of story and it somehow reminded me of this story πŸ˜†✨: 


Comments

I nearly forgot to publish this today. πŸ˜†πŸŽ΅✨I am so glad I managed to keep my promise. Thank you so much for reading this story! I hope you all enjoyed itπŸ’–✨
Anonymous said…
First of all, Ms Saya, I'm happy you are back.
Hope you had a great rest :D

The story is not exactly scary. However, it's seriously disturbing.
I can't help but think that the lady ghost actually got something sinister planned for them.
But then the narrator's group left and a new group came. Thus, messing up her plan and made her angry.
That scream was a scream full of frustration and anger.

There was a very popular mall in my town when I was younger. But then somebody committed suicide by jumping from the roof. Since then its popularity slowly dwindled and other malls are now overtaking it. The mall now has a great marketing team. So it may not be as popular as the other malls, but it's still operational and are still pulling in customers.

Thank you for the story, Saya-san. Looking forward for more.

- nunu -
I agree it's not very scary but it's one of those stories that stick in my mindπŸ˜†✨

It's unfortunate when someone decides to take their own lives, especially in public places.πŸ˜…⭐

I would like to say to everyone who might be depressed right now not to lose hope because better things are always coming in your way!

Thank you always for your comments! See you again next week!πŸ˜ŠπŸ’–πŸŽ΅✨
WOW!! This was soo chilling, I love open endings like this!
I am so glad you found it chilling !πŸ˜†πŸŽ΅✨ I like open endings too!
Aeri chan~ said…
Waiting for your horror story as usual Saya-san , let me say that in my country abandoned apartment building will not exist as people will gladly live there as long as it cheaps πŸ˜† (im sorry for my ugly english)
The population in Japan is dwindling so the number of abandon buildings in on the increase too.πŸ˜†⭐

Your English is great!

Thank you so much for your comment!🎡✨
allucinator said…
This is something you might want to report to the authorities. Perhaps the scream came from one of these locked rooms.

It leads to all sorts of horrible implications.

Glad to see you again ☺️
Oh I hope it's just a ghost and not a real woman!πŸ˜†⭐

Glad to see you too! Thank you always for commenting!πŸ˜ŠπŸ’Ž✨
Anonymous said…
Hello Saya! Welcome back, how was your rest?
this is so scary. Was it that those two groups were not supposed to go in the apartment at all? there is some ghost haunting them now lol

anyway Happy to see you back saya!

-That one anonymous




I hope nothing will happen to them!πŸ˜†✨

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am well. I hope you are good too!🌈⭐
Anonymous said…
I had similar experience in the past... Bali, Petitenget beach in the 90s, back from the beach to the hotel trough an abandoned hotel near the beach. Just how did our group of bumbling of more than 20 tourists got separated as if we were going to alternate dimension in that abandoned hotel? each of us reported different pathways and jungle critters event thought we arrived safely at the same time at our hotel.

I guess abandoned places are abandoned for reasons..

Anyway glad to see you again. Thanks for your stories!
That's so interesting! I tend to imagine ghosts in the tropical climate must be more cheerful and benign than ghosts in Japan πŸ˜†⭐ They must have wanted to just play with you!

Thank you so much for commenting! I appreciate itπŸ™πŸ’–✨
George V said…
I love how, they thought nothing was going on, until they talked to the second group. Very nice.
I know right πŸ˜†πŸŒˆ⭐ I love this kind of story a lot! Thank you so much for your comment! My comment section doesn't seem complete without a comment from you, and I am sure everyone feels the same!πŸ˜†✨
George V said…
γ‚γ‚ŠγŒγ¨γ†γ”γ–γ„γΎγ™。I would have posted sooner, but I was busy this weekend.
γŠγ€γ‹γ‚Œγ•γΎγ§γ™。
I hope you have some time to relax now!
Sunny said…
This reminds of a building in my city. Its an old art deco type building formerly a 70s department store. It has a very good looking façade but, legend has it, if you look up towards the rooftop you will see someone or something staring at you. It is said that someone in the 90s jumped from the roof but didnt leave the physical world and the suicide was the reason for its bankruptcy. I dunno. The legend sounds cliche. Lel
That is such an interesting legend! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! πŸ˜†πŸ‘πŸ’“✨

There are so many stories where people who commit suicide cannot leave this world entirely, and it seems a bit unfair and cruel to me considering that the reason they killed themselves was often to end suffering.πŸ˜… Why should they suffer so much after life too?
Steeple said…
oh i had a worse idea. i got mixed up on when the scream was, and i thought the group of boys went to go murder a woman after the other group left...
Oh! I hope that didn't happen!πŸ˜†✨That would be scarier!