Avatars in PlayStation@Home

If you would like to be notified of future posts:

*Follow Me on Twitter @Saya_Underworld
*Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/saya_in_underworld

😍See my artwork from the links below 


❤️❤️ UPDATING EVERY SATURDAY

(Translated and arranged by Saya)

⭐πŸ˜„A video game urban legend!

I have been using PlayStation@Home for quite a while now, and there are two avatars in a haunted house lounge which are always dancing no matter what time of day I log in. 

I will call them "BlaQ" and "Hapipi" in this story. 
As far as I know, those two girls have been dancing non-stop for more than a year at the same spot. 

I originally thought that they were dummy avatars created by the administration team. Every time I went to the lounge I would always try chatting to them, just for fun, although I never got any response back.

But one day, for no particular reason, I checked their profiles, and found that "BlaQ" had some game achievements (trophies). 
When I saw that, I sent her a friend request and, to my surprise, I received a reply.
She was a real avatar, controlled by a real user.

But something felt strange. I became curious.
PlayStation@Home held regular maintenance once a week, and during that time, all users were forced to log out. 
Yet those two girls have never left the lounge and have been dancing at the same spot for over a year? 

To satisfy my curiosity, I decided to try logging in the instant the weekly maintenance was over, to check if the girls would be there. 
I thought that if there were real users behind those avatars, they would also be forced to log out and must log in again at the end of the maintenance period.
 
So I logged in at almost the same time as the maintenance finished. However, the girls were already there. 

Considering the situation, if real people controlled them, they should still be around --- I thought, and tried to chat with them. 
"Hey, are you there?"
But they didn't reply.

I waited around for a bit but it was no use.
I gave up and was about to leave the lounge, when "BlaQ" started moving, slowly and unsteadily. 

"Oh, you are there? LOL. But why are you always leaving your avatar alone?" 
When I asked her, she replied:
"Because I would have felt too lonely to go to heaven alone ^^ "
"What!?"
The moment I read that, goosebumps broke out all over my body.

In the next instant, the chat log got bombarded with :
"Let's die together ^^" 
"Let's die together ^^" 
"Let's die together ^^"
"Let's die together ^^" 
"Let's die together ^^"
"Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara ...."
"Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara ...."
"Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara ...."
"Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara ...."
"Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara ...."
"Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara Torara ...."

After the chat log was swamped with these messages, the screen suddenly went all white, followed by network error and disconnection from PS@Home. 

Ever since then, I haven't been able to go near the lounge because I'm too scared...


------------------------
A Response to this story:

The really scary thing is
>I will call them "BlaQ" and "Hapipi" in this story. 
>As far as I know, those two girls have been dancing non-stop for more than a year at the same spot. 

Those two avatars really exist and are still in that lounge. LOL


---------------------
⭐BlaQ, or "BlackCube001" used to appear in SIREN lounge of PS@Home. 

BlaQ dancing in the Hospital of SIREN lounge 


------------------------
⭐BlaQ captured on a video:
(One minute long, with no English subtitles)


Or watch this directly on YouTube:

(Edited)
⭐BlaQ's actual profile:

The caption says that there is a possibility that BlaQ was a real user, not a bot prepared by the Administration team.

(EDIT : If you left an avatar idle at PlayStation@Home, usually a sign would appear that said "Away" but no such sign would appear on BlaQ's profile.)

⭐A Question submitted at Yahoo Answers:


"PS home Question about a Ghost
You know BlaQ who is always dancing in SIREN lounge. 

Here's a question. Is BlaQ a ghost?
Please tell me the true identity of BlaQ."

The answer said it was a bot.


Comments

Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well! πŸ˜„πŸŒˆπŸ§‘✨

If you like this post, please let me know by leaving a comment below!
I always look forward to hearing from my readers! πŸ’–✨

Thank you so much for visiting my blog ~ ⭐ Have an amazing weekend and Lots of Love πŸ’“✨
Anonymous said…
I love these videogame/e-media urban legends! I wonder if it's a script or a mod that make use of real accounts to act as dummies (which is why they can log in immediately and spam the chat).

On a sidenote, i've been playing a lot on my PS4 these last few weeks because my school went on strike (right when i was starting to talk to people LOL)
Thanks for the translation ms. Saya!
There are some great videogame urban legends out there! I hope to translate more of them, if you are interested πŸ˜„πŸ’–

It's so unfortunate when something like that happens at your school just when you are getting used to being thereπŸ˜…
But at least you get to play games🀣⭐

Thank you so much for your comment! I really appreciate it!πŸ™πŸ’•✨
sardine god said…
Hello Saya! I love this game urban legend and it's become one of my favorite so far. Well it's possible that it's a bot running a player account or some sort. But why was it even created? And why is it just vibing there unless provoked? So many questions, that's the creepy part...

As a video game fan, I'm looking forward for more urban legends in the future~ πŸ’– horror games are getting popular lately, especially because halloween is coming around!
Anonymous said…
Interesting story, reminded me of Jun Abe's "Portus" (the game setting, but of course completely different plot). Although the only thing I can think of it is that they might be a bot... but who knows?lol Creepy though.

Thank you for translating Saya-san! I hope you have a wonderful week! πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“
Hello, Sardine God!πŸ˜†πŸ’–

I just googled for more information about BlaQ, and some people saw her walking to her usual place after the maintenance was over, so apparently she wasn't always the first one to arrive at the lounge. πŸ˜†⭐

I am just waiting for another installment of Silent HillπŸ˜†πŸŽ΅News often go around saying they are developing a new one, but it hasn't materialized...yet(I'm trying to be hopeful LOL)

I hope I can post something especially interesting for Halloween ~πŸ’•

Thank you so much for your lovely comment!πŸ™✨ I'm glad you like it, for I'm lost without some feedback from my readers!
That sounds like an interesting novel! (I googled it lol) Actually, the novel's plot reminds me of another game urban legend. I could translate it but I imagine it would be a long post. I don't know if it would be worth my energy πŸ˜†⭐

Thank you πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’– I hope you have a wonderful week too! Take care!πŸ€⭐✨
Anonymous said…
Does Torara mean something or is just random non-sense?
It sounds like a random nonsensical word, but one source says that in the game "SIREN: New Translation," there is one song that begins with the phrase: "turara ~ turara ~ triangle ~" or something, and they think it might have come from that.
Misseal said…
I love horror video games with creepy legends as this, and the older they are the better!! If something like this happened to me I would have tried to go back there again even if I were super scared!!! But the audio in the video is so creepy, if the whole game is like that maybe I wouldn't be able to play after all πŸ˜‚
I just wish there were more truly scary games.. the graphics for this one reminds me a lot of silent hill
Anonymous said…
I think the urban legend you were talking about is the same one in the novel/manga. The story revolves around a kokeshi doll that was cursed and it uses the video game as a medium to find victims.

I would really enjoy reading it if you ever translated the story, but I feel it will be too much work to translate.lol

You're welcome, Saya-san! I'll see you again next Saturday for my weekly dose of your posts! Thank you again for keeping this blog.πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’• Been a follower since 2014.
Oh I haven't heard of that particular one! Sounds good!πŸ˜†πŸ’•✨
Kokeshi dolls are creepy LOL ✨

The one I was thinking about involves an old indie game which was supposed to be cursed. Not sure if I can convey the creepiness in English.

You have been a longtime follower! I appreciate that you are still following this blog 😍❤️✨

Thank you so much again! Have a happy week until the next Saturday!⭐🎡✨
Not many people are brave like you🀣⭐✨

I have heard that SIREN is a pretty good game but the original one especially is very hard πŸ˜…

Older games seem scarier because of the bad graphics 🀣✨

I can't wait until the next Silent Hill game is released (I hope it will be released soon)😭

Thank you so much for your fun comment!πŸ™πŸ’–✨
The above comment is for Misseal!
Anonymous said…
Thank you for the story, Saya. This one was good. At first, I wasn't scared, thinking "Oh, some urban legend? This thing doesn't scare me at all... I don't even usually play games". But then that twist at the end about them being real shocked the hell out of me. Though, the story probably wasn't...

One question though, what about thr avatar? I feel kinda sad about how she seemed to be another important element at first, but then not mentioned again at all.
You're very welcome! It's my pleasure to share this story with you!πŸ₯°❤️

I hope the story is real! It would be scarier that way 🀣⭐

Yes, I wondered about her too while translating thisπŸ˜…
But there is information that people saw someone dancing beside her in the lounge.

I will try to find out what happened to Hapipi. If I find anything, I will add that information to the post!

Thank you so much for your comment!πŸ™⭐🎡
George V said…
That is a good one! Thought about going to a haunted house when I am over there. Not so sure now. LOL.
I'm glad you like it πŸ˜†⭐✨

You should go to the one in Fuji Q Highland. But you might really get possessed by something LOL

Thank you so much for your comment!πŸ™πŸŽ΅✨
Second Sun said…
Sayaaaaa! γŠη–²γ‚Œγ•γΎγ§γ—γŸ!
めっけゃ青白い!!

Thank you for introducing game urban legends! Really enjoyed this one!

The dancer being a bot makes sense 🀣
Hello, Second Sun γ‘γ‚ƒγ‚“πŸ˜†πŸ’–πŸŒˆ✨
γŠγ€γ‹γ‚Œγ•γΎγ§γ™!γ„γ€γ‚‚γ‚³γƒ‘γƒ³γƒˆγ©γ†γ‚‚γ‚γ‚ŠγŒγ¨γ†γ”γ–γ„γΎγ™!

ι’η™½γ„γ‚ˆγ­〜πŸ˜†πŸ’•
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Actually, I believe it was a real ghost😱😱😱
I have seen BlaQ in my Underworld. She is a frequent customer at our Underworld cafΓ© πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†✨

Thank you again and see you soon ~ take care 😘❤️
allucinator said…
✅ Maintenance every weekend that forces all players to logout
✅ Bots
✅ Lack of anti-flood feature in the chat system.

Yes. The system is in beta and the server sucks. It's the late 00s and the websites are usually hosted by a "webmaster", and the cloud services are still gaining traction. Wiki says the system never gone past open beta. I'm getting old.

Put them in a Kowloon-esque ambiance and it will amplify the eerieness.

Did they implement a patch against that kind of flooding?
Your comment is too complicated!🀣⭐⭐⭐
But I'm sure someone else who is more knowledgeable than me will understand your comment! LOL

I don't know if they implement a patch for it!

Thank you so much for your highly technical comment!πŸ˜†πŸŽ΅πŸŒˆ✨
Anonymous said…
Hi Saya,

How did I miss a Saturday? I can't believe I did not realize I missed this story literally a day before a new one :(
This is the sort of thing that scares me on the internet.
For me, the narrator is very brave. If it's me, I would not dare to return to the game.
I probably would only after I got a new console, refresh my ip, get new profiles, etc etc.

Nice read as always, Saya. Thank you :)

~ nunu ~
How dare you miss this story! Unforgivable!😱

Only joking LOL

I hope I can post another video game urban legend like this one, because people seem to enjoy it⭐

Thank you so much for your comment πŸ₯°❤️❤️❤️
I hope you won't miss this week's postπŸ˜†✨
Nugget said…
I found this story particularly familiar and funny because I play FFXIV! I don't know how it is on all servers, but in several populated servers, including mine, there are always certain avatars standing in the same spot all the time dancing! The players say it's because they simply leave their avatars idle while they work. So my story isn't nearly as scary as this one, but itsystill interesting how such a thing can happen in many games!
Yes, but on this PlayStation@Home, if you leaves an avatar alone and idle, usually a sign goes up that says "Away." But this BlaQ, has no such sign. She is always there and never away either. That's what makes it strange.πŸ˜†✨

Thank you so much for your comment!