Elevator at Night

If you would like to be notified of future posts:

*Follow Me on Twitter @Saya_Underworld
*Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/saya_in_underworld

🌈 Check out my 2nd Instagram for my artwork  https://www.instagram.com/lily_piano_yuriko

πŸ˜†ALL MY SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS ARE OPEN TO PUBLIC NOW (yay!). 

❤️❤️ UPDATING EVERY SATURDAY

(Translated and arranged by Saya)


This happened to me last Saturday.

That day I had planned on going to my friend F's house to hang out.
We have been hanging out at F's house every Saturday to predict the outcome of horse races together, as we are both hooked on horse racing.

F lives on the ninth floor of a ten-storey public housing complex, and I use an elevator to visit him.

Normally, I finish work and arrive at F's house by 10:30 pm, but that day I was busy and had to work for about one extra hour. 

As soon as I finished work, I went straight over to F's house.
It was probably around 11:30 pm when I finally arrived at his housing complex.

The elevators in F's housing complex functioned differently after 11:00 pm; the elevator on the left was programmed to stop at every floor to prevent accidents, and also for security reasons. 
I heard that a girl who lived in this housing complex was once attacked by a pervert inside the elevator.
Knowing this, I chose to take the elevator on the right.

Whirr ... Clank! 

I got into the elevator and pressed the button for the ninth floor, where F lived. 

Click!

The elevator started moving up as usual.
I watched the indicator that showed the floor numbers, as I waited for the elevator to reach the ninth floor.

Whirrrr....












Huh?


Bump!!

Somehow, the elevator stopped at an area between the fifth floor and sixth floor.

"What's just happened...?"
I assumed it would start moving again if I waited for a while.

A few minutes later, I thought to myself:
"Oh, I should call F. Why haven't I thought about that before?" 
But then I found out immediately that my phone had no bars.
It seemed like the reception was really bad inside the elevator. I couldn't call F. 

"Oh well! I guess I will have to press the emergency call button then, and get some help."
I thought, and pressed the emergency call button, and spoke into it. 
It appeared that the call would be connected to the caretaker's office. 

"Hello, hello? Is anyone there?"
I waited but no one was responding.
"Will I have to stay here overnight?"
I was beginning to fear the worst. 

After I had probably waited for a good three minutes, I finally heard a voice on the other side of the intercom.

Clatter clatter... 
"Yes.....moshi moshi."

"Oh, great! I'm saved... Moshi moshi  (Note: an expression used when answering the phone. Link), excuse me. It looks like the elevator has stopped working." I said. 

"..........I see....... please wait there........"

"Thank you."
I can finally get out of here.
I was so grateful for those words I heard through the intercom.

From the elevator window, I could see only about the 50 cm of the 6th-floor elevator hall.
I was watching that 50 cm space, as I prayed for the caretaker to come as quickly as possible.

A few minutes later, I heard some footsteps, as if someone was coming towards the elevator through the 6th-floor elevator hall. 

Click! clack!

Click! clack!

Click! clack!


"At last! Excuse me ~~~! I'm here ~~~!"
I hollered at the person coming towards me. 
But I couldn't see anyone yet. 
"Excuse me ~~! Excuse me ~~!"
I hollered again, but still there was no answer.

However, after a while, I perceived what looked like a person's shadow.
I stepped back from the window to get a better view.
Then ---- 


!!!!


I saw a face... 

From the right side of the 50 cm gap, I first saw some hair, which then slowly moved to the centre until the whole face became visible.

I knew by instinct that I was seeing an entity not of this world...

The face looked cold without any human warmth. It had no expression. 
The eyes didn't look at me directly but they were staring intently at the space somewhere around my right shoulder, without blinking. 

What I felt then was intense fear, such as I had never felt before.
I was trapped inside an elevator where there was no escape, and in front of me, just 2 metres away, a face that belonged to a thing that shouldn't exist in this world was staring in my direction. 
Fear rendered me paralyzed. All I could do was stand still. 

I don't know how much time had passed.
The face silently disappeared...
At the same time, the elevator started moving up, and I arrived on the ninth floor.

I ran to F's house, and I was going to tell him what had happened, but stopped myself.

Once I was inside F's room, I felt a little calmer, and tried to think logically about it.
"I wonder why the person who answered the intercom didn't come..."

I asked F if he knew who was usually on duty inside the caretaker's office.
F replied:
"The caretaker only stays until lunchtime. He's already gone home. No one is in there at night."

What? 
So who was the person who answered the call?


Everyone, please be careful when you ride an elevator alone in the middle of the night.... 


-----------------
READ My Personal Horror Story I experienced last Friday from here😱:
🧑Twitter


-----------------
Check out other Elevator stories πŸ’•







Comments

Hello, everyone! How are you?
I hope you are happy wherever you are!

I'm gonna add some links to other elevator related stories to the post above in a minute, since I've forgotten to do soπŸ˜†✨

I hope you enjoy reading this week's story! Take care ~πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
And thank you so much for visiting my blog!πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–⭐
Anonymous said…
Hi Saya

This is scary as heck. Because the entity was not looking at the narrator. But at something behind the narrator :[ .
What was the entity looking at? Was the entity looking at something evil behind the narrator? Did its presence prevent something bad from happening to the narrator inside the lift?
Or was it the entity the evil one? Prevented from harming narrator by something that accompanied the narrator inside the lift?

This remind me of a scene in movie The Third Eye. A ghost (floating and standing on his tiptoe) was slowly moving close behind the heroine. But the lift stopped on time and the heroine fled safely before any harm was done.

I love this story, Saya. Thank you *purple heart*

~ nunu ~
Hello, nunu!

I'm proud that this story managed to scare the brave nunu πŸ˜†✨

I wondered about that too while translating. What the heck was it looking at?πŸ˜†⭐
Maybe there was something behind him too!

You have watched so many great movies! That's a very interesting episode!πŸ’•

Thank you so much for commenting! Getting comments from my readers always brighten up my day ~ 🌈🧑✨

Take care πŸ’–
Anonymous said…
I've got my fair share of elevator mishaps... Elevator got stuck once between floors and it dropped to the bottom floor, thank goodness it wasn't that high (2nd flr only) when it happened. Another incident where it stopped again but this time at a very high flr (5th I think?) but it has two basement floors, really scared me there but got out immediately by the help.
Stories like this one and others that I have read since young is the reason I hated elevators in general, they're cramped and suffocating for me.

My wild guess is that entity saved him from something that is with him inside that elevator. I mean why would it bother responding to his distress call? Scary, yes but at least he's in one piece.

Thank you again, Saya-san for this lovely story and hardwork!πŸ˜ŠπŸ’• See you again next Saturday and have a lovely week!πŸ’—
I'm sorry you have had such bad experiences with the elevator 😱😱😱
I hope something like that would never happen again to you!

I like your theory!πŸ˜†⭐ It turns this story into a heartwarming one! LOL
Perhaps that entity was keeping another evil entity away from him by glaring at it! LOL 🌈⭐

You're very welcome, and thank you too for commenting! Have a wonderful, fun weekend ~❤️
Second Sun said…
Sayaaaa! Thank you for this week too!

I'm always scared something will happen to me in the lift.. so this is quite scary for me haha. But I would like to think that the entity is the caretaker at night and got angry at whatever was behind OP for disturbing its break LOL

Although I have this fear of lifts at night, my only "incident" with them is in the day. Nothing supernatural. I had to go up this office building with 30+ floors. As there was music, I..started to dance hahaha.

Only when I came down and the security guard went "Nice dance bro" that I realised there's a live CCTV ww

δ»Šζœˆγ‚‚γ‚ˆγ‚γ—γγŠι‘˜γ„γ—γΎγ™!
You're very welcome πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•

That's a fun experience you had in the lift 🀣⭐
I'm sure you helped to brighten up the security guard's day 🀣🌈✨

こけらこそ、γ‚ˆγ‚γ—γγŠι‘˜γ„γ—γΎγ™〜🌸✨γ‚³γƒ‘γƒ³γƒˆγ‚γ‚ŠγŒγ¨γ†γ”γ–γ„γΎγ™!
allucinator said…
The hell. The management is too broke or too frugal to hire another caretaker for night shifts.

Perhaps that otherworldly entity is just the maintenance guy being too creepy and assessing what's inside the elevator.
I hope it was just a normal human being trying to be nice!πŸ˜†✨

I didn't expect I would find so many heartwarming interpretations in the comment section!πŸ˜†πŸ§‘✨

Thank you so much for your comment ~ πŸ™πŸŒˆ✨
sardine god said…
I know if this happened to me, I would be too stunned to do or say anything. But if I were brave enough... I want to poke the face... With a stick...

I also read your scary personal experience, pls stay safe Saya!! We love scary things as long as they don't happen in real life right hehe (⁠•⁠ ⁠▽⁠ ⁠•⁠;⁠)
George V said…
Sorry for the lateness in making a response. Was on call this weekend and it has been busy. I loved this story. What a horrific feeling to be trapped like that.
I don't know if it would be a good idea to poke the face🀣🀣🀣⭐

Thank you so much! For the past few nights, I was still scared that the woman might come again 😱😱😱⭐ LOL

Thank you for your lovely comment πŸ™πŸ’•✨
Everyone has been wondering where you were!😱⭐ LOL
I'm glad your busy weekend was over!

I'm so happy you like it!
The he original text used so many onomatopoeia words, which were the hardest part to translate! I hope they sounded appropriate 😱⭐ LOL

Thank you so much for your comment! πŸ™πŸŒˆ✨
missD said…
He called on the phone and ended up giving an invitation to the spirit. But somehow the spirit didn't attack him, must be something protecting him that was behind his right shoulder since the spirit kept looking in that direction. Anyways, I love your work Saya. Going on a Sayainunderworld spree has often given me spooky nights. Looking forward to more of your work. Lots of love.
YumuDT said…
Wow!!! After reading this I might only take elevator during the day *Brrrr*
That might be what happened!😱⭐ I hope I have a guardian spirit that is as strong as that one! LOL

Thank you so much~ πŸ™πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
Without your feedback, I can't be sure whether my posts are needed by anyone or not 😭 LOL

Lots of love to you too! Take care!πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•⭐
I tell you, elevators are the most dangerous places to be in the Underworld 😱😱😱⭐ LOL

But being a resident of the Underworld (aka my blog reader) already, you are safe in elevators even at night. So don't worry 🀣⭐

Thank you so much for your comment!🌸✨