My Friend Jiro

If you would like to be notified of future posts:

*Follow Me on Twitter @Saya_Underworld
*Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/saya_in_underworld

My other social media accounts (for my artwork etc.)


❤️❤️ UPDATING EVERY SATURDAY


Merry Christmas everyone ๐Ÿ’–
I hope this story will put you into a happy mood ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ„⭐ LOL 

(Translated and arranged by Saya)

I myself still have doubts about this whole thing, and moreover my friend Jiro is an idiot, but I will write down the events just as they happened to me, although they may sound quite confusing.
(Note: the narrator is a girl.)

My friend from high school, Jiro, came back to our hometown, after having graduated from university.
(I say friend, but he was actually just someone who was in the same class as me, and we would only chat occasionally.)

"Let's have dinner together."
He suddenly asked me out.

"Are there anyone else coming?"
I asked him, but he said, "there is something I want to tell you, alone."
I was so excited as we made plans to meet. LOL.

We met in a cruddy izakaya (a bar)*1 where we sat down at the counter and chatted over some oden (a hot pot dish).*2

Then, after some time, Jiro said, 
"By the way, I want to switch to the main topic of tonight...." 

My heart was pounding as I waited for his next words, but what I heard was this:

"I am your mum." 

The oden came out of my mouth out of shock.

"Oh~ I know. I didn't explain it so well just now.
I was an old bitch in my past life, and you were my son, and I was your mum!" 

It seemed like he was trying to say that he was my mother, and I was his son, in our previous lives. 

One day, Jiro suddenly had a dream about a mother and a son who lived in poverty but did their best to support each other and live their best life (Jiro was seeing all of it through the eyes of the mother).

From that day on, He dreamed about them every single day. 

But apparently, the mother and son continuously suffered from brutal oppression at the hands of an authoritarian regime, racism, and social and economic inequalities, and they ended up getting killed at the end. 

"You are my son! Our souls have the same aura!!"

He spoke with fire and passion, but I was totally turned off (naturally). 

Had this ended there, I would have thought Jiro was just a crazy person.
But ever since he awakened as my mother, he began to display a certain special ability.

Since the revelation, he began to constantly fuss over me (he calls it maternal instinct) and wanted to follow me everywhere I went. 

But knowing that he was attentive to me NOT because he was romantically attracted to me, his behaviour was just plain annoying to me. 

He would say to me:

"Don't wear a miniskirt because you will get cold around your waist."

"Eat your greens."

Etc. etc... 

To top it all off, he would come to my house uninvited, and start cooking and cleaning....


One day, on my way home from a part-time job, I found myself thrown into the worst nightmare --- being on a lonely country road, at night, out of petrol, and without a phone.
But then I saw Jiro's shabby scooter coming from the opposite lane. 

"??? Why are you here?"
I asked him. 
Ignoring the puzzled look on my face, he promptly took out a small tank and started pouring the petrol into my car.
"Mmm, I don't know. I just had a sort of hunch?"
He said, and then began giving me a lecture.

"Why are you always so forgetful? etc., etc... What parents would bring up a kid like you... Oh! Excuse me! I'm that parent! Duh!" 


Another day, I was about to get out of a taxi when I noticed that I had no money left in my purse...

Then I saw Jiro standing right in front of me, with some money ready.


Still another day, I was on my way to work, when Jiro called me and said, 
"Don't use *** Road. If you do, you won't be able to arrive on time for your presentation."

Later, I learned that there was a multiple pileup accident on the road around the time I would have passed through it.


So those are a few examples of how Jiro exhibits his special ability. 
He has a sort of second sight (only about things related to me). 

I am really grateful, but the only problem is Jiro can be pretty insensitive. 
He introduces me to his friends as "my son," and introduces himself to my friends as my mother.

Once he even wanted to buy Koinobori*3 for me on Children's Day (he regrettably gave up after he realised such things were not allowed in my apartment).
He does cause many troubles.


Right now, what is troubling me the most is that I have fallen in love with him.

Me: *confesses my feelings to him* 
→ Jiro: "What are you saying? That's impossible! I'm your mum." 
→ Me: ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Me: *gets out of the bathroom with just a towel around my body and dries my hair in front of him* (a seduction strategy. Jiro hangs out in my room quite often.)
→ Jiro: "You're gonna catch a cold like that!" *starts lecturing.*
→ Me: ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Me: "Let's go to bed together."
→ Jiro: "Really?" *looks really happy* "Well, aren't you such a baby? I guess I will have to spoil you tonight." 
→ Nothing happens...
→ Me: *waits in excitement until the morning* ๐Ÿ˜ญ



-------------------
*1 Izakaya --- Wikipedia 

See the notes on this story for more info!

*2 Oden ---Oden (ใŠใงใ‚“, ๅพก็”ฐ) is a type of nabemono (Japanese one-pot dishes), consisting of several ingredients such as boiled eggs, daikon, konjac, and processed fishcakes stewed in a light, soy-flavored dashi broth. (Wikipedia)



*3 Koinobori ---  (้ฏ‰ใฎใผใ‚Š), meaning "carp streamer" in Japanese, are carp-shaped windsocks traditionally flown in Japan to celebrate Tango no sekku (็ซฏๅˆใฎ็ฏ€ๅฅ), a traditional calendrical event which is now designated as Children's Day (ๅญไพ›ใฎๆ—ฅ, Kodomo no hi), a national holiday in Japan. (Wikipedia)



Merry Christmas ❤️ from Ronald McDonald chan

๐ŸŒธI will update next week, but possibly I will take a two-week break after that!

Comments

Merry Christmas, everyone ๐Ÿ’•
I hope you enjoyed reading this story!

In case you haven't read the above message, I might take a break for a fortnight after 31 December (I will post in that day though).

Lots of love, enjoy your holidays!
Thank you always for following my blog and leaving comments๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’– You people are amazing!
Anonymous said…
I find this story hilarious and tragic. It's like a manga plot!lol Poor her, in love with her friend/mom in the last life. Life is really strange sometimes.

Thank you, Saya-san for the wonderful Christmas gift. I hope you have a great weekend and Merry Christmas! ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŒŸ
Fairy said…
Merry Christmas, Saya! I hope you have a wonderful holiday <3

in a way this story is a bit heartwarming, though I do feel bad for the narrator having feelings for Jiro (tho i’m not sure if, after he started calling himself my mother, i would ever feel that way lol)
Yes it could be a manga plot!๐Ÿ˜†✨

You're very welcome ๐Ÿ’ž
I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
Thank you so much for your kind message! Merry Christmas to you too and have a wonderful weekend ๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŒŸ
Merry Christmas, Fairy chan๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŽ
I wish you a happy holiday too๐ŸŒŸ✨

You reminded me that I had a tag "heartwarming"! I have just added it to the post ๐Ÿ˜†⭐

If he was a good looking guy, I might have fallen for him, even if he were my mother ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ✨JK! LOL

Thank you so much for your lovely comment!๐Ÿ™✨๐ŸŽ„
Aeri chan~ said…
Lol it's hilarious story, i could imagine the girl would shout :'BAKA! ', everytime her tactics not working ๐Ÿ˜†
That's cute to imagine!๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ’•

Thank you so much for your comment!
Anonymous said…
A fate worse than getting Friendzoned: Past Family Reincarnation-Zoned lmao.

This post is really fun and a refreshing twist from the usual scary stuff. I think I remembered a period where you got pushed trying to post stuff as "its not scary enough".

Nowadays it feels really nice and like getting into an izakaya/omakase restaurant XD. I dont know what I would get; maybe 2Chan creepypasta, rituals, scary experience from Saya, cryptic stories, gods and deity (my personal favorite), etc.

Like Forrest Gump's famously said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get". Its always fun reading this blog :)
"Past Family Reincarnation-Zoned." ๐Ÿคฃ⭐⭐⭐

I'm so glad you find my blog fun in such a way! The analogy is so flattering! I appreciate it!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’–

Nowadays I feel much less stressed about posting since I decided to just post once a week --- sometimes even that can be pressurising though ๐Ÿคฃ✨
But I always feel glad after I posted something, seeing how it brings joy to others!

This time it's Christmas tomorrow so I tried to post a story that might help cheer you all up! ✨

Thank you so much for your uplifting comment ❤️❤️❤️❤️Have a wonderful weekend!
Anonymous said…
That's a very heartwarming story ❤️ hopefully no creepy or disastrous plot twist for them ๐Ÿ˜…

Merry Christmas ๐ŸŽ„ Saya ๐ŸŽ‰
I hope you and everyone you care and love are all in good health and wealth ๐Ÿ™

Thanks for your stories, I love all of it, they're like mood booster ๐Ÿ‘ to me
No, this doesn't have a plot twist. It's just a funny and heartwarming story ๐Ÿ˜†❤️

Merry Christmas, dear! I wish you all the happiness, love, success and prosperity in the world!๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ✨

I'm glad it lifted your mood! You're welcome and thank you for your kind message!๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŽ„⭐
Second Sun said…
Sayaaaaa!! ใŠใ‰ใ‰ใค~~~!!

Merry X'mas!! I hope you enjoyed the holidays!

And LOL this story did put me in a happy mood ๐Ÿคฃ
Poor girl! Daughter-zoned ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Thank you for the week's post! See ya again next week!
ใพใŸใญใ‡ใ‡ใ‡!!
George V said…
Happy Holidays Saya! That was a fun story. Makes me think of a twenty something getting the scam call, with the person on the other end claiming to be their son from a past life, but is in trouble now and need money.
Second Sun ใกใ‚ƒใ‚“、ใŠใคใ‹ใ‚Œใ•ใพ!๐Ÿ˜†⭐

Thank you! I hope you are having much fun too!
I'm glad it put you in a happy mood!

Thank you so much for leaving a comment ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’–

See you soon and take care!
SynthiaMaramis said…
Merry X'mas !!! Poor girl, and such a cute story. Honestly if I were the girl, I probably fall for Jiro-san too. In this day who doesn't want people that really care for them, especially able to get you out of hard situation. Too bad she got daughter zoned :D
Merry Christmas! I'm so glad you like the story!

I know right ๐Ÿ˜†⭐
He would be the perfect boyfriend LOL

Thank you so much for your comment!
Anonymous said…
XDD Oh nooo I always make myself anxious, thinking "What if in another life I get into a romantic relationship with one of my relatives' reincarnation? ๐Ÿคฎ"

But it is interesting because my partner, when we met, neither of us were attracted to each other, but we had felt an instant connection. One day, he told me that he was a German shepherd dog in his previous life. Ever since I was a child, I've had a memory of being a woman who died young in a boating accident, and her pet was a German Shepherd.

It kinda disturbs me to think about lol x3
Well then that's good news because your partner will be loyal to you for life ๐Ÿ˜†⭐

Thank you so much for sharing your story!
Anonymous said…
When you hve thrown your everything but he doesn’t even look at you! This might as well be the scariest horror story.
Saya In Underworld said…
LOL It might be!๐Ÿคฃ⭐️
I wanna know what the relationship is like between those two now!

Thank you so much for your comment!