I am a god

If you would like to be notified of future posts:

*Follow Me on Twitter @Saya_Underworld
*Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/saya_in_underworld

My other social media accounts (for my artwork etc.)


❤️❤️ UPDATING EVERY SATURDAY


(Translated and arranged by Saya)

Just a few days ago, my mother's sister, who lives with our grandparents in Kumamoto, came to visit us at home.  
At the time, we were watching Terminator 2 on TV. 

As you know, there is a scene in the film where a nuclear bomb drops and children in a playground get burned to death.
We were watching that scene and saying, "can it cause the skin to get peeled off like that within seconds? Scary ~ !"
On hearing us say it, my aunt suddenly started telling us a really bizarre story.

My aunt's eldest daughter gave birth to twins not long ago, and she had a quite difficult delivery.
She had to be hospitalised for two months before the babies were due because of her health issues, and gave birth to them earlier than the due date by caesarean section.

The mother and her children are all alive and well now, but before the surgery, my aunt spent many sleepless nights worrying about them.

One day, when she returned home from the hospital, she received a call from someone.

It was a call from an old childhood friend.

As children, they used to live close to each other, until later the friend moved away.
But because they were really good friends, they stayed in touch for a long time.

However, for the past ten years, my aunt hadn't heard from her at all. 

My aunt was so happy to hear from an old friend, especially at a time when she was mentally and physically worn out from worrying about her daughter. 

She was about to tell her friend what had been happening to her lately, when her friend told her something totally unexpected.

"K chan (my aunt's name), do you know that I am a god now? 
I am saving a lot of people. 
If you ever need any help, you can always call me. 
I know I would be able to help you."

Her friend sounded as cheerful and pleasant as my aunt remembered her to be in the olden days.

Because her friend was telling her these things casually like it was the most normal thing in the world, my aunt didn't quite know how to react. 

"Oh...I see..."
was all she could utter.

But that night, as she lay in bed worrying about her daughter and unborn babies, even that bizarre phone call from her friend felt like a shining ray of hope from heaven. 

"Maybe it's some kind of fate that I got a call from her tonight. I will call her again tomorrow and ask for her help." She thought to herself.

Feeling like she finally had someone to turn to for help, she felt calm and relaxed for the first time in many days.
She was able to fall asleep peacefully at last.

That same night, she had a dream. Her daughter and her childhood friend as a young girl were in it. 

Her daughter was somehow not carrying a baby, and the three of them were happily playing together.

Her friend was smiling and they were playing in a field full of flowers. It seemed like a very happy dream. 

They were playing catch with a mari (a traditional Japanese ball).**

Mari (or Temari)

When the mari came flying to her, she caught it and hugged it to her chest.

But the moment she hugged it, the mari peeled off like skin, and a kind of large, half-melted larva popped out from inside it.

My aunt screamed her head off.

She wanted to throw it back to someone, but she couldn't possibly throw it to her own daughter.
So she looked at her friend while trying to get the larva off her. 

But try as she might, she couldn't get it off because it was holding on to her for dear life.

Meanwhile, her friend was watching her, laughing hysterically.
Her eyes were all black, as if she had two holes in there instead of eyes. 

The larva's pitiful cries, and her friend's earsplitting laughs overlapped, creating a cacophony that filled the air...

My aunt woke up with a jerk. 
She was covered all over with sweat.

"After I woke up, I realised that the larva was a baby. 
I don't know why I thought that. 
Of course, it didn't look like human, and its cries were like cries of a beast.
But somehow, I was convinced that it was a baby.
In the end, I ditched the idea of calling my friend. I was too scared to do so." 

Some days later, her daughter gave birth to the twins without any problems, and my aunt soon forgot about the call from her friend.

But the other day, when she turned on TV, she chanced upon a talk show in which a woman bearing her friend's name appeared in it. 
The woman looked old and haggard, very different from how she had looked in my aunt's dream. 

Remember that news story?

A young couple who followed a cult religion were told that if they peeled the skin off of their dead baby, it would bring the baby back to life?

The god of that cult religion was no other than that childhood friend of my aunt. 

As far as my aunt remembered, her friend was raised in a happy, affluent family.
What was happening to her life, during the period of ten years when they were not in contact? 
 
My aunt told me that she was more sad than scared, and couldn't stop crying as she watched her friend on TV.

I wonder what the outcome would have been, had my aunt sought help from her...

------------
** I have an Instagram post about a Temari here. It's on Page 2 of the post, and it's a special kind of temari that changes its colour!



Comments

Hello everyone! Long time! πŸ˜„πŸ’•

I hope your new year has been a happy one so far!

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I look forward to talking to you ~πŸ’–⭐
BTW someone requested Sadako and Jason pictures before, and I keep forgetting to post them. Sorry about that! I will remember it next timeπŸ˜…
Anonymous said…
Sometimes our brain has a weird way of detecting danger for us. She must've been really disturbed by her friend's statement being a god.
That's a really good story Saya-san! Thank you so much for translating and sharing it!
Happy New Year! πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³
I previously failed to put the link to the Instagram post at the bottom of this story!πŸ˜… Now it's there if you want to see it!
Thank you so much! I'm glad you found it interesting!
Happy New Year to you too πŸŽ‰❤️⭐
George V said…
Good thing, she did not call her friend. Someone else was watching over her or maybe her own powers! Happy New Years!
allucinator said…
What the hell am I reading?

What kind of drugs did her affluent friend took? I hope the couple in the news don't peel their baby.
missD said…
People in vulnerable positions in their lives look to alternative solutions to end their misery, turning to cults is one of them. The previous friend did that, thankfully the aunt didn't. Interesting story. Though I didn't expect cults to be a thing in Japan as I always associate East Asian nations as irreligious.
Yes, maybe it's her guardian spirit which warned her!πŸ˜†πŸ’›

Thank you so much for your comment! Happy New Year!πŸ˜„πŸ™πŸŒΈ
A wise man like you would never join a cult or take drugs, so it's goodπŸ˜†⭐

Thank you so much for your comment!✨
People may never outwardly follow any organized religions, but nevertheless, a sort of religious feeling exists in all of us. Also, Japanese culture is rooted in Buddhism and Shintoism, and these two religions play an important role in forming Japanese people's mentality.
Shintoism being a polytheistic religion, Japanese people seem to be resistant to accepting new gods.πŸ˜†

Thank you so much for your comment!πŸ’•