Chosen

If you would like to be notified of future posts, follow me on:

My Instagram:

My Twitter:

❤️ Currently Updating Every Saturday EVENING (Japan Time)


(Translated and arranged by Saya)

This is a story about my late older brother.

As children, my brother and I were very close (Note: the narrator is a woman), and we used to play together a lot. 

There was an empty plot of land in our neighbourhood, and we called it our "secret base." 
One day --- I remember clearly it was in the early evening on 18th May. I cannot forget that day even if I want to --- we were playing in the secret base as usual, but I wanted to go to bathroom and went home first.

My mother had gone out for shopping, so there was no one at home at the time
(In those days, we lived in a close-knit community in the peaceful countryside, so she never bothered to lock the front door).

Before long, our telephone started ringing (we were still using a black telephone at the time).
But the ringing sound was a little strange.

It would go Riiiiiing once, and then after about 5 seconds, it would go Riiiiiing again. And it continued in this way.

I felt a bit creeped out, and didn't answer the phone. 
It stopped ringing completely after about one minute.

But then about 10 minutes later, the phone again started ringing, in exactly the same way as before.
I was scared, but thinking it might be my mother calling, I plucked up my courage and finally answered it.

The caller turned out to be not my mother but a man I didn't know.
The connection was quite bad and I had trouble hearing, but he asked me, Are you *** san? (That was my surname). 
I said yes, and he said, 
***(my brother's name) has been chosen.

I thought that my brother had perhaps won something from a prize draw, and I replied, thank you. And then the caller said, Sayonara (Goodbye) and hang up.

After a while, my mother came home.
Brother might have won a prize or something, I said to her. 
She was like, is that so? 
I was thinking to myself, I hope my brother comes home soon, but he didn't come home even after it got totally dark outside. 

That had never happened before, and my family, with the help of our neighbours, went out to look for him, but we couldn't find him anywhere.

The following day, my brother was found stone cold, lying in an irrigation ditch alongside the secret base.

I told my mother about the phone call.
I thought the man might have been the killer who murdered my brother.

The police was called and they made an inquiry to the telephone company about it, but we were told that no such phone call was made around the time I remembered receiving it.
There was no record on their log that indicated such a phone call was ever made.

And later, the police found the evidence that my brother slipped and fell by himself into the ditch, and they made a conclusion that it was just an accident.

Perhaps I was only daydreaming.
But even now, I still cannot get that eerie sound of Riiiiiing out of my mind.


--------------------
It was Girl's Day in Japan yesterdayn(3rd March)! 
Here is a story that talks about Girl's Day:


Comments

Hello, everyone! I hope you have all been well!

I hope you enjoy this new little story!
Somehow I love scary stories about phones! LOL

I intend to post around the same time next week!

Lots of love!
See you soon and take care! πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
Aeri chan~ said…
Good afternoon Saya-san ^^ it's cloudy and windy afternoon here what a good time to read your blog(^_^♪), That phone call maybe from shinigami just 'nice' enough to tell little sister that her brother is die... What a teribble accident, Enjoy your weekend anyway! ^^
allucinator said…
The grim reaper just courteously informed the chosen one's dearest sister via phone call.

It's just upsetting that they didn't specify where the trauma is. Did the little boy's head hit a hard surface?
Good afternoon, Aeri Chan!
A cloudy day is indeed a good day to stay indoors and read something πŸ˜†⭐

Yes, it might have been a call from a shinigami! πŸ˜†✨

Have a wonderful weekend yourself! Thank you so much for commenting! You were so fast to comment 🀣🧑
It seems like that's what happened!πŸ˜†⭐

It reminds me of a true story of a girl who died in an irrigation ditch πŸ€” I might translate it some day!

Thank you so much for your comment!✨πŸ™
Anonymous said…
Do you observe these types of "holiday" sayasan?
I don't really participate in those thingsπŸ˜†⭐ But recently I have been forced to participate in them because of my little nieces🀣✨
George V said…
Theory #1: Shinigami, letting the sister know that her brother will soon pass. Theory #2: A secret organization in the community, that had chosen her brother this year for the sacrifice. Obviously the police are in on it. Great story!
The second theory would be scarier 😱✨

Thank you so much for sharing your theories! I'm so glad you like the story 😊⭐
missD said…
This is so sad. I have a brother. I cannot imagine the pain of losing him and thinking I am responsible for what happened. Even if there were no call records, she must still be thinking had she stayed with him longer he could have been saved.
That's so true 😭
She must be thinking she was responsible for his death in some way!

I have a brother too😭

Thank you so much for your comment!
Second Sun said…
Sayaaa! γŠγ€γ‹γ‚ŒγˆγˆγˆγˆγˆγƒΌ!

This story..when you strike the lottery but not the kind you want😭

And this is also why I don't have a home phone haha
Ringing from the home phone always sounds more ominous than the mobile ww

Good story and translation once again! The old story you linked freaked me out omg 🀣🀣

ζœ¬ε½“γ«γ‚γ‚ŠγŒγ¨γ†γ­!
Second Sun けゃん、γŠγ€γ‹γ‚Œγ•γΎγ§γ™⭐

I know what you mean!
I jump every time my home phone rings. πŸ˜†✨
I never pick it up because it's probably a salesperson LOL

I am glad you like the story ~
Yes, that old story is creepy!

I really appreciate your comment!
こけらこそ、γ©γ†γ‚‚γ‚γ‚ŠγŒγ¨γ†γ”γ–γ„γΎγ™!

またね〜πŸ’•
As if i wasn't terrified of home phones already ;o; poor girl, i would've felt so guilty :c
I see everyone, including me, has a phobia of telephone πŸ˜†⭐

Well, at least we don't have a fear of mobile phones (called Nomophobia, according to Wikipedia LOL)!

You're so kind to worry about the girl!

Thank you so much for your comment ❤️❤️❤️
Anonymous said…
Wow! Japan is so lucky. Even their shinigami are so cool. If that was me, I would ask, “Why was he chosen?” Do you think their answer would be, “Oh, we have one of those golden lotto ball games and every day, we draw one ball every hour until the golden ball drops with the person’s information! If they are second prize winner, they get into some accident and might live to see the day while third place will get into an accident but is unharmed. The information is randomized every day.” *Nods nods* πŸ˜„
SAYA said…
I’m pretty sure that’s how it works in Shinigami’s world 🀣✨

Thank you so much for your comment!!