Phone Booth

If you would like to be notified of future posts, follow me on:

My Instagram:

My Twitter:

❤️ Updating Every Saturday EVENING (Japan time)


(Translated and arranged by Saya)

I heard this from a friend.
Let's say the friend was called "A".

One day, A and her friend B made a plan to hang out at A's place.
But B got lost on his way to A's house. He tried to call A but his phone went dead.

He had no choice but look for a phone booth, and luckily he found one at the foot of a bridge, and called A from there. 

"Moshi moshi (Hello)? I'm at Yagi-yama bridge**, but I don't know how to get to your house from here. I'm calling from a phone booth." 

"Yagi-yama bridge? I've lived here for ages, but I don't know any phone booth at Yagi-yama bridge," said A.

"But there is one. There is a long queue behind me waiting to use the phone, so I will hang up now, and queue up again to call you later." 

When A heard that, she had a bad feeling about it. 
Yagi-yama bridge actually happened to be a famous suicide spot that hanged over a valley.
Besides, she was sure that there was no phone booth there.

"Wait! Don't leave the phone booth! Stay there no matter what."
"Why? There's such a long queue behind me. I have to get out." 
"Do as I tell you. Don't move until I come for you!"

A drove as fast as she could, and when she arrived at the bridge, she saw B standing on the edge of a cliff, immobile and staring straight ahead as if in a stupor.

Had B gone to the end of "the queue" as he first planned to do, he would have fallen over the cliff for sure.


---------------------------
**Yagi-yama bridge -- This bridge actually exists in Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture! (Many thanks to George in the comments for providing the information πŸ˜†) And yes, it's a famous haunted place! 


Yagi-yama bridge 


YouTube Video:





---------------------------
⭐Today's Fun Fact:

The theme song of Resident Evil 7 is based on a Japanese nursery song.

Resident Evil 7 theme song


The nursery song which the above song was based on




Comments

Hello, everyone! I hope you are all well and happy! 🌸✨

Today's story is short because I wanted time to translate other longer stories which require more time to edit πŸ˜…

But I think this story is pretty good!
Let me know what you thought about it ~⭐

Thank you so much for following my blog! Lots of love!πŸ’–
allucinator said…
Ah, genjutsu. It's always nice when you know a local in a place.
You know so many cool Japanese words!πŸ˜†⭐

I will never use a phone booth at a suicide spot from now on!

Thank you so much for your fun comment!πŸ™✨
Aeri chan~ said…
That was near death for B, but i guess it's not his/her 'time' yet 🀨
Good thing that A realised there was something wrong with his situation!πŸ˜†⭐
I'm glad he didn't fall off the cliff, as it would have been such a painful death!

Thank you so much for your comment!πŸ™πŸ’•
allucinator said…
I just learned the word from Naruto πŸ˜‚
missD said…
Was that phone booth a portal to the realm of the deceased? A must have been spiritually aware saying don't get out of the phone booth. All those queuing people must be ghosts of the people that committed suicide there. Maybe they were trying to lure B to commit suicide. Interesting read :)
George V said…
SENDAI! I heard of this bridge, but not this story. Way cool! Thanks as always for sharing. If I recall right, there used to be a bus stop on one end of the bridge, that is no more. Sounds like another place to get trapped in the spirit world.
I thought that might have been where you learned it from 🀣⭐
I think you've guessed it right!πŸ˜†
I have just discovered the bridge really exists and it's haunted (I added the info above) 😱

Thank you so much for your comment!πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
Thank you George for your information! I didn't know the bridge actually existed! πŸ˜†⭐

I have added the information of the bridge in my post!

You know Japan more than I do!🀣✨
Anonymous said…
I googled the bridge immediately before I finished reading the story, and my immediate response was "a phone booth at the foot... of this bridge?" How did B even get there in the first place?!
My understanding is that the foot of a bridge is just the part where a bridge begins πŸ˜†✨ I got confused by the word at first!

Thank you so much for your comment!πŸ’–
George V said…
:D Probably only in this case. Glad to be of service.
I haven't read this yet but i just wanted to say first THANK YOU! and that sayainunderworldblogspot has been in my bookmarks since 2011 and I feel so blessed about it, you're the best saya! Next time i go to japan let me send you all the gifts!
You're so sweet! Thank you ever so much for your kind words! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’– I'm very grateful! You saying those things to me is the greatest gift. Bless you and take care 😊🌸🌸🌸✨
ElynGrace said…
Wow thank you for that fun fact regarding the resident evil theme song based of a Japanese nursery song. It definitely added to the atmosphere of the story! This was short but sweet.
You're welcome! I thought that was fun to know!πŸ˜†✨
I'm glad you like the story too and thank you so much for your comment!πŸ’“