“I got lost in the mountains for ten days and got back. Any questions?”

If you would like to be notified of future posts, follow me on:

My Instagram:

My Twitter:

❤️Updating Every Saturday Evening (Japan Time)


(Translated and Arranged by Saya)

What are those!?😱(supposed to be a real ghost pic)


(Taken from a 5 chan thread)

The Thread Title:
“I got lost in the mountains for ten days and got back. Any questions?”


1: (OP) 
It was in this country, by the way.


5: 
Did it make news?


13: (OP) 
Yes, it did. It appeared in the local newspaper too. 


15: 
It must have cost a lot to search and rescue you. Do you feel bad about it? 


18:
What did you eat to survive? 


24:(OP)
Cost me about the same amount of money as you would pay for an expensive car.
I do feel bad about it.


56:
>>24
I’m surprised that you were able to pay such an amount of money.
Couldn’t you just ignore it? 


27:(OP)
I had some mushrooms when I couldn’t stand the hunger anymore, and ended up having diarrhoea for two days.
I would have died had my companion not been there with me.


32:(OP)
I ran out of food within the first three days. 
After that, I only had water.
I had spiders and mushrooms on the seventh day.


33:
Are you that guy with that bizarre haircut?


34: (OP)
My hair was OK, just a bit greasy.


36:(OP)
Spiders taste disgusting.
They tasted like mud.


35:
Did you get interviewed by the media?


36: (OP) 
Was bombarded with interviews every single day.


40: (OP) 
Also I experienced crazy amount of hallucinations.
I heard voices and felt some forces pulling at my body everywhere I went.


106:
>>40
I heard before that getting lost in the woods affects your brain and you start seeing trees and tall blades of grass as people.


43:
When you are pushed to your limits , your body is automatically led towards the direction you don’t want to go



44: (OP) 
The only things I could eat were mushrooms and insects.
There was a waterfall, but the current was so fast that there was no way I could get fish from it. 


46: (OP) 
I would have been dead if I hadn’t called for help on my mobile phone.


47:
Why didn’t you make a call earlier LOL


49:
You were able to make a call because the signal got better?


50:
I know of someone who got lost at sea and drifted for two years before he got back so your case isn’t that bad.


53:
What were you doing during those ten days even though you had a mobile?


55: (OP)
I only managed to get the signal back on the tenth day. There was nothing I could do before that. 


58: (OP)
But anyway 
Making a bivouac with a rope on a cliff
Eating mushrooms and spiders and nearly dying from it
Getting pulled at by unknown forces 
My companion hanging himself
Getting knocked down by some invisible entities while making a fire in a strange caves

Too many things happened 


61:
>>58
Your companion is dead?


62:(OP)
I was told there never was a companion.
I said he had a Twitter account but they still said there wasn’t anyone.
It was on the news.


63:
His companion died?
Or he never had a companion to start with ….


64:
That was part of hallucination then


66:
I spent a month in Mt. Shirouma ….




…..working in a hut near the summit.
It was so much fun, climbing to the summit and taking a nap on a cliff ledge etc during breaks.

(Link : 


78:
>>66
I spent a month in Mt. Jonen….




….also working in a mountain hut. Working in a hut is so fun and easy, because except when you are serving food or making the beds, you are basically free to do anything.

(Link: 


67:
Those things can really happen to you when you have reached your breaking point.
It’s all true. 


69: (OP) 
I am now aware it was caused by hallucination and memory disorder,
But at the time, I really thought I had a companion with me for the first seven days or so.


70:
People can experience hallucinations just from being tired and sleepy. 
You were on the verge of death at the time so that’s not surprising.


71:
Wonder if he went to Mt. Omine 

(Links:
Apparently, women are banned from climbing to the top of this mountain.


72:
Are you yucon? 

(Note: yucon is an amateur mountaineer who had Parkinson’s disease and who became famous after he published, on a special social media for mountaineers, his experience of getting lost in the mountains. His failure was attributed to his poor preparation, lack of knowledge and skills, and also to his disease which probably caused him to have severe hallucinations and make awful decisions at critical moments. Despite this, he later made an attempt to climb another mountain for the second time, and died after getting lost in it again. Some people say he wouldn’t have made the second attempt had he not become internet famous and drawn many people’s attention on his first attempt.)


73:(OP)
When you reach your limits, even your existing memory can get overwritten with something entirely different. 
I can now only remember being with my companion right from the start of the climb.


74: 
So you mean the hallucination was giving you support?
I heard some stories like that about mountains before.


77: (OP)
Intense hunger
Fear of darkness at night 
The same damn landscape no matter how long you walk
Mushroom sickness 
Devouring poisonous spiders 

Throw all of these into the mix and you’ll get a memory of being with another person. 


79: (OP)
There’s no doubt that the hallucination helped me.
But no one believes me when I say he wasn’t a hallucination.


75:
Did you cook the spiders with fire?
Or rather, couldn’t you find any plants that seemed edible?


80: (OP)
I did cook the spiders over a fire. 
So much juice came out of them.


83: (OP)
I put some blades of grass into water and drank it.
I tried to imagine I was drinking green tea, but it tasted awful.


81:
Which mountain are you planning to climb next? 


84: (OP)
I won’t go to mountains ever again.
Once you wander off the trail, you will find that the mountain is full of strange invisible creatures.


85:
I see ~ 
I guess it’s very hard to get a phone signal in the mountains


86: (OP)
I said this when I was interviewed and it was briefly mentioned in some news article too, but I also found a large hole about 50 metres in diameter. 
It was so deep I couldn’t see the bottom of it.


88:
>>86
That’s like a major discovery 


90:
>>86
Except it was also part of his hallucination 


87: (OP)
The hole appeared to be clearly man-made, and it was the only area that had no trees or leaves


89: (OP)
Later I checked it on Google Earth, but the area had been retouched to make it look like there was nothing there.


92:
>>89
But you were lost and you couldn’t have known the exact location of the hole


93:
Yatsugatake?



94: (OP)
Of course not the exact location but it was in Nagano. 


96: (OP)
Anyway, I must get some sleep.
Be careful when you climb mountains alone!


97:
Does the Japanese Alps have a volcano? 
I’m intrigued by his story of the hole.

(Link:


99:
There’s a possibility that this whole story of the mountain is a product of his delusion.


102:
How long can a human survive only on water? Is it three weeks?


103:
When you wander off a trail, the cardinal rule is to not go down, don’t you know that?
You would just end up straying into a valley. 
You must go up and aim for the summit and try to return to the trail as best you can.

But you forget all of that when you’re in a panic. I do understand.


107:
That taught you a good lesson 


111:
>>1 never existed in the first place 


109:
I’m freaked out a bit


————————-
Related Articles:

⭐️Mount Tanigawa 
Known as the “Mountain of Death,” this mountain has claimed more lives since 1930s than the Mount Everest.


⭐️Third Man Factor

The third man factor or third man syndrome refers to the reported situations where an unseen presence, such as a spirit, provides comfort or support during traumatic experiences.





This story is creepy lol


I didn’t know about Third Man Factor until I read this thread! Interesting!πŸ˜†⭐️ I hope you people won’t get yourselves in this kind of situation!





Comments

Saya In Underworld said…
Hello, everyone! How are things with you? I hope everything is good!

I hope you enjoy this week’s post! It’s not too scary but entertaining nevertheless πŸ˜†⭐️

Thank you so much for following my blog and leaving comments! I always appreciate your contribution!

You are all amazing! Love you all and see you again next week πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
Anonymous said…
Good story. But like the story of Kisaragi Station, being on a real forum doesn't mean is real. Someone might have a lot of free time and are bored. And what's with "1 nevef existed in the first place"? WTF?
Anonymous said…
Thank you for the story, Saya! The poster said the hallucination acted as a support, but I see it as a double-edged sword. He could get suicidal thought after seeing its suicide, after all! They're lucky to be able to go back. Also to note that the low saturation of oxygen on high altitude usually only makes things worse during this kind of situation. Yikes.

And this reminds me of the time I was sent to a really rural countryside on a mountain area one time. You could hardly find a street lamp over there, and not only that, you had to be careful on the roads or else you'd fall. And because of the area's characteristics, there's no big cemeteries or the like, so burial sites were usually spread around people's houses. Really made walking on the night creepy. Not to mention, I had to use an outhouse, so using the toilet at midnight was an experience on its own, with all the graves around and no light!
Aditya Lila said…
Thank you Saya for the consistent update! I just want to say thank you a lot because from junior high school, until now, i have a precious blog that still updates on horror stories! I'm just glad that i've stumbled on your blog at around, i don't know, 2013 maybe. Anyway, take care and thank you again, Saya!
Anonymous said…
As someone who used to visit imageboards a lot, that's just how it usually is! 111 meant to say that 1 (the original poster) probably didn't exist in the first place, just like some had said previously. Maybe to shake things up. Maybe to say it's all lies. Most probably the former. Usual stuffs you can find on imageboards.
George V said…
Creepy story, but easily grounded in reality. I recognized Tanigawa from the Book Climber's High (titled Seventeen in English).
George V said…
Also, I guess Ghosts want to be idols too...
Anonymous said…
Hi Saya! Big fan of you since 2008 when you posted the monkey train story! just had been to shy to say anything until now.

I just wanted to thank you for keeping this blog alive and always bringing some flavor into my life πŸ’• this story was amazing and made me look into things I'd never thought I'd research before.

Have yourself a wonderful day :D!
Saya In Underworld said…
It could be fake, but then, it wouldn’t be quite as unrealistic as Kisaragi Station if it were true, because such hallucinations of a third person really do happen to people in real life πŸ˜†

Thank you so much for your comment!
Saya In Underworld said…
You’re so welcome! I’m glad you enjoyed the story!πŸ’–

Yes, I think it’s bizarre that the hallucination committed suicide!
I have never heard something like that happen! But this kind of hallucination might have happened to those people who perished in the mountains and did not come back to tell their tale😱

I think countryside is always scary at night 😱 I hate it when they have a bathroom outside like that!

Thank you so much for your lovely comment ~ πŸ’•✨
Saya In Underworld said…
Hello, Aditya!
You’re very welcome and thank you so much for leaving a comment! You’re so kind and sweet! That’s a long time you have been following my blog! When I get a comment like yours, it makes me so glad that I’m continuing this blog!😊🌸

You take care of yourself! I hope you are happy and well where you are!

Thank you again ⭐️✨
Saya In Underworld said…
You know Japan so well! I didn’t know Tanigawa until I created this post!πŸ˜†

Thank you so much for your comment ⭐️
Saya In Underworld said…
I guess so!🀣
Anonymous said…
Hello! I’m so glad you commented! Please don’t be shy! Your comments are always welcome 😊❤️

Since 2008! That’s so amazing!πŸ˜†✨

I know right! I wouldn’t have know the stuff like the Third Man Factor if it weren’t for this story! I’m so glad if my posts are making your days a little more enjoyable ⭐️✨

Thank you so much and I hope you have a great week ahead 🩷
Saya In Underworld said…
That was me who commented aboveπŸ˜†
Anonymous said…
Mountain horror stories are soo scary to me, more so than other kind of horror stories lol
Anonymous said…
I didn't think that. Thanks for the point
Saya In Underworld said…
Definitely πŸ˜†⭐️And stories about sea too!
I will be posting more stories about mountains!

Thank you so much for your comment πŸ’–
Anonymous said…
In the country where i come from, there are many stories of people getting lost in mountains..some who survived tells how they see things that shouldn’t exists, or how they survived because they found a villa with nice people who sheltered them during the night —which later proven to be nonexistent, or turned out to be an old grave or cave— and also some claimed to have been kidnapped to the spirit world and they felt only a day has passed when they are already lost for weeks before found. So people in my country sees mountain as something to be respected.
Saya In Underworld said…
Interesting!πŸ˜„⭐️
Thank you for sharing your stories!
Even more reasons for me not to climb up mountains 🀣✨
Anonymous said…
use this anonymous version please!
Interesting story Saya! The additional reading from the links are also very interesting. Adds-on to the depth of your stories.
Saya In Underworld said…
I’m glad the additional reading materials were useful to you! Thank you so much for your comment πŸ˜†