Investigation

If you would like to be notified of future posts, follow me on:

My Instagram:

My Twitter:

❤️Updating Every Saturday Evening (Japan Time)


(Translated and Arranged by Saya)


⭐️This story is a sort of CRYPTIC story!


“Do you recognise this man in the photo?”

Her hand shook imperceptibly as it took the photo that was handed to her.

The moment she saw his eyes, Ayako remembered the loathsome incident which had happened six years ago.

These cunning, foxy eyes, which she had once thought attractive — yes, they definitely belonged to Shinichi Sakai, her old classmate from high school.

Ayako, who used to weigh 40 kg heavier than now, secretly put a love letter into his desk just before the graduation ceremony, but he exposed the content of the letter to everyone, turning her into the laughing stock of the whole class. 

“Is everything alright?”
“Oh… pardon me. I’m fine… What did he do?” 
“He is thought to be responsible for the series of the convenience store robberies that have been happening within the ward
The scooter which he used to make his escape — it’s a stolen vehicle, by the way — has been found around this area, so we have been asking people if they have witnessed anything.”
He must have given the same explanation to others, over and over again. She could feel a slight annoyance in the detective’s voice as he perfunctorily explained to her. 

A petty man, Ayako thought, as she examined the photo more closely.
His face was clearly discernible. She had no doubt that he would be caught in no time and without much effort. 
But this was a great opportunity that had fallen into her lap to exact a small revenge on Sakai, and she was not about to let it slip by.

“I have seen him… I think.”
“Really? When, and where?”
“Well, you know those people who go round with handcarts collecting empty cans and other such things.
I remember seeing him among them and thinking it was rare to see a young man with such a group.”
“I see. So the young man who was hanging out with the group of homeless people was the man in this photo?”
“I think he looks very much like this man. Why don’t you go and ask those people directly?”
“Yes, sure. We thank you very much for your cooperation.”
Ayako watched him as he quickly walked away, and as his back receded into the distance, she muttered, in spite of herself:


“You know that old saying about how one must walk one’s feet off to find the truth.
I wish you good luck, Sakai kun!”



_______
⭐️Funny Picture of the Week:

A menu of a Japanese Ramen shop in Hong Kong





Comments

Saya In Underworld said…
Hello, everyone! How are you?
I hope you have had a good week!

This week I wanted to post something more light-hearted! ⭐️
This story isn’t scary or anything but quite interesting once you reach the end and realise what happened πŸ˜†✨

I hope you enjoyed it ~ 🌸
Thank you so much for coming to my blog and see you again next week!
Take care ~ 😊❤️
Yyu said…
I think I got it pretty fast 🫣 (I hope so)

Sakai kun is the officer and he didn't recognize Ayako, since she has lost a lot of weight. Wanting to extract her revenge, Ayako gave the undoubting officer a false statement. The young man and/with the group of homeless people probably are bad news also so she directed him to them.
Aeri chan~ said…
I'm dumb what happened? πŸ₯²moral of story:never make a girls heartbroken(?) enlightened me please~~
Briann said…
Dolphin soup is pretty spooky T . T
Anonymous said…
Hi Saya!

I guess Sakai-kun is the detective? The narrator is so... mischievous. I LOVE HER :)

~ nunu ~
allucinator said…
Sakai at this point might now have a son that exactly looks like him, and he is also a homeless man. Perhaps. πŸ„

George V said…
Ah, sweet revenge! I love it! Thank Saya!
Anonymous said…
At first i thought Sakai was the homeless man (and not the one in the photo) and she framed him just to get him in trouble. But i agree that him being the officer makes better sense lol
Saya In Underworld said…
Yes! So the narrative at the beginning made us think the robber was Sakai, but it was actually the police officer who was Sakai! Well done ~ πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜„❤️ Thank you so much for your comment!
Saya In Underworld said…
You’re not dumb! πŸ˜†✨This kind of story can be tricky!
The police officer was Sakai, and Ayako gave him a false piece of information to obstruct the investigation. I hope this helps!🌸
Saya In Underworld said…
I hope it’s not really made of dolphin! It would give a bad name to Japanese people 🀣✨
Saya In Underworld said…
Yes, that’s right! Well done ~ 😊🌼
I think it’s a rather mild form of revengeπŸ˜†⭐️ Thank you so much for your comment !
Saya In Underworld said…
What’s that cow doing there?🀣⭐️

That would be interesting! Thank you so much for sharing your theory ✨
Saya In Underworld said…
It’s a funny little story, isn’t it?πŸ˜†✨I’m glad it entertained you! My pleasure and Thank you so much for your comment 🌼
Saya In Underworld said…
That would have been a good story too! πŸ˜†⭐️ Ayako must have wished he was a homeless man, but instead he became a police officer, which probably really annoyed her!

Thank you so much for your comment!🌈✨
Aeri chan~ said…
Ahh so the other comment is right (its also logical) πŸ˜…thank you! πŸ‘πŸ»
Anonymous said…
It's a good story, I would love to use it to test my friend's deduction skill! LOL
I'm also really impressed by your English fluency Saya! :D
I believe it must be difficult to translate riddles like this one so it will also make sense or understandable in English without revealing the truth. You know like how there are stories which are simply cannot be translated to other language without (very) lengthy explanations by those who understand them in their native language, and not as in explanation about native culture, tradition, or just how things are done, but in how the structure of the story is arranged from one language to another so it will still be interesting. Pardon me for my lengthy comment, I just remembered how I was horrible at translating and transliterating stories back at school x_x and maybe even today

As for me, the story makes more sense if you separate each sentences and think about it for a while, there are hints, and nowhere in the story is it described that the person in the photo is Sakai.
You are very good at keeping the mysteries alive and intriguing to the readers! Keep it up! and Thanks a Lot!
allucinator said…
Just Google "perhaps cow" and you'll see my favorite meme.
Second Sun said…
Sayaaaa!! γŠη–²γ‚Œζ§˜γ§γ—γŸ!!

I'm glad I managed to get the story on the first go πŸ˜†
As an ex-police officer, I approve of this revenge LOL
Good luck Sakai-kun!

Thank you very much for the entertaining story! γ‚γ‚ŠγŒγ¨γ†γ†γ†γ†γ†γ†γ†γ†!!
Saya In Underworld said…
You’re welcome πŸ˜†✨
Saya In Underworld said…
Oh that perhaps cow is so cuteπŸ˜†πŸ’•
Anonymous said…
Thank you ever so much for your compliment on my English! I feel very encouraged πŸ˜†⭐️ You are a very kind person!❤️ Yes, translating from one language into another is HARD. I need help😱 LOL

Also it has been hard translating one story every week because it doesn’t allow me much time to polish what I wrote and proofread it too😭

I appreciate your feedback because sometimes when I translate something, and read the same sentences over and over, I become numb to the story, and I start doubting if the story is really interesting πŸ˜…

It’s my pleasure to share these stories with you! Thank you so much again for your comment 🩷Take care ✨



Saya In Underworld said…
Second Sunけゃん、γŠγ€γ‹γ‚Œζ§˜γ§γ™!πŸ˜„πŸ’•

Oh that’s right! You used to work in the police force! Clearly, your deduction skills have not become rusty!πŸ˜†⭐️

You’re welcome 🌈✨こけらこそ、γ„γ€γ‚‚γ‚γ‚ŠγŒγ¨γ†!γΎγŸγ­γƒΌπŸŒΌ
Steeple said…
ahaha, i caught this one! she'll make a flatfoot out of sakai in no time

("flatfoot" being slang for a detective, because of all the walking they have to do. since a lot of running often causes dropped arches)
SAYA said…
Oh thank you so much for teaching me about a flatfoot! I had never heard of it before!

Well done for figuring it out on your own! πŸ˜†✨

Thank you so much again for all of your comments! It has been a joy to read them!