NOBODY

If you would like to be notified of future posts, follow me on:

My Instagram:

My Twitter:

❤️Updating Every Saturday Evening (Japan Time)

Cuteness Overload

(Translated and Arranged by Saya)


This happened to me about two months ago.
It could have been just a dream, but I really want someone to hear my story.

That morning, I woke up at 10.
“10 already…?”
The university lecture started at 9.30, but I wasn’t bothered because I was always late anyway.

By the way, I live about three minutes walk from the university campus.

I then had a leisurely breakfast (some leftovers from the previous night), so in the end I arrived at the campus at 10.24 (checked it on my phone). 

There was no one on the campus. 
Like literally zero people. 
I was thinking like,
“Everyone’s in the lectures? Amazing.” 

And then, I went to a lecture room myself.
But when I arrived there, it was all empty.
“What? Have I come to a wrong room?”
I checked the schedule but it was the right room.

Weird, I thought. 
But something even weirder happened right after this.

As I was leaving the room, my phone rang. 
I looked at the screen and it said:
“NOBODY”
in English. 
Nothing like this ever gets displayed on a phone screen, right? (Note: this story took place before the age of smartphones.)

I don’t know what got into me then, but I answered the phone.

“Hello? Moshi mo…” 
As soon as I said that:

“You! Why are you here!?” 
I heard a voice. 
It was a voice of a middle-aged man. 

“Who is this?” 

“That doesn’t matter!! How did you get in here!!?”

“Excuse me, what are you talking about?”

“Just look outside!”

“Stop playing a joke on me!”
I hang up on him.

But I was still curious and went out on the balcony of the lecture room (I was on the second floor). 

From there, I could see the sports ground, and there was a middle-aged man standing right in the middle of it.
He was holding something to his ear. It appeared to be a mobile phone.

As I continued to stare at the man, he slowly started turning his head towards me.
“Shit!” 
I sensed danger.

A moment later, the man reached into his pocket.
I don’t know why but I felt I should make a run for it, and I left the balcony and darted out of the lecture room.
But just as I crossed the threshold, I felt a weird sensation as if my body was being elongated. I had never felt anything like it before.

“Wha…what’s going on?”

That was when I woke up.
I was lying down in my own room.
It was 8 o’clock in the morning.

Such a weird dream! 
I thought, while getting ready for the university, but then soon I found something wrong in my room.

When I opened the fridge, I found no leftovers from the previous night.
Instead, the plates where I had put the leftovers on were in the sink.

I still look back on this experience and now I have my own theory about it.
Wasn’t that man I saw a kind of a keeper of time and space? 
Although I don’t remember his voice or how he looked like, I do remember the strange  feeling that he was a middle-aged man. 
I don’t know why….


——————-
⭐️This week’s place of interest:
Magomejuku







Comments

Saya In Underworld said…
I couldn’t find an appropriate picture for this post, so I just posted a cute picture pikachuπŸ˜†✨

This story is one of the many stories that constitute an urban legend known as “Jiku no Ossan ( a middle-aged man of Time and Space).” Some people claim to have wandered into a parallel world where they met this man who seems to have a role of redirecting those lost people to their original worlds!
I don’t intend to translate more stories from this urban legend as they seem all alike, but if I find anything interesting I may feel translate one again!

Thank you so much for following my blog and I hope you have an enjoyable weekend!
Take care and see you again soon🩷
CreanJinSung said…
I like the concept of the story. I've never heard of the urban legend before. Great to learn from this blog 🌟🌟🌟

I wonder, did the middle-aged man have a futuristic phone? More futuristic than smart phones? Or was he using a Nokia 3310 for the durability πŸ˜…

Also, the narrator was absent to the lecture. I don't believe they'll give an excuse "But I was in a parallel world where a man with an indestructible phone called me." It's uni, I think they'll be fine.

Or maybe... As punishment, the middle-aged man ate the luxurious leftovers. πŸ˜‹
Anonymous said…
Nice story! I had such experiences when I was still at cram school and later at college, no strange old man though :p

You know that dream when you dream you are awake and on schedule with things but it's actually a dream as you are still sleeping, except there's only you in it - like playing silent hill but no other people or animal or monster, no oldman time-guardian either. I ended up awake very early too while unfortunately thinking I was already very late
I wasn't scared, but I was embarrassed since I furiously barged into ongoing lectures before my schedule. i still remember the face of my teacher and my prof, also it's strange it happened twice so far XD

But well dream o' dream, I usually put some calming jazz music for good dream :D (or heavy doom metal, according to my friend at work)
Thanks Saya! Can't wait for your next story, take care, have a great weekend, have some rest, and stay healthy!
allucinator said…
10/10 - would re-enter again
George V said…
Way cool! This is the inspiration for one of the stories in Otherside Picnic! Thanks Saya!
Saya In Underworld said…
Hearing the name of the good old Nokia fills me with nostalgia, because you don’t hear that name at all in this country πŸ˜†⭐️

I think he’ll be on time for the lecture because he went back in time and it’s 8 o’clock in the morning when he woke up (I should have put 8 “ in the morning.” I’m gonna do that now!)

Thank you so much for your fun comment!πŸ™πŸ»πŸŒΈ
Saya In Underworld said…
Wait.. I think I did say it was 8 in the morning 🀣⭐️ That’s alright then!
Anonymous said…
Rainfeather here, long time no see Saya!

I actually adore dreams like this, and have a lot of similar experiences in my own dreams where other people/beings are surprised to see me there. It makes me feel like I have some purpose that I haven't discovered yet?

Or maybe I'm just a dream traveler like this mysterious figure. πŸ˜‚ I wish I could meet him to ask! Sit down and have a nice pot of tea over a multidimensional discussion. 🀣

Thank you for all the stories you post!
Saya In Underworld said…
It seems to me you had those dreams due to anxietyπŸ˜† You must usual be a pretty punctual person!

Somehow I don’t think heavy doom metal will give you a good dream 🀣✨✨⭐️

You’re very welcome and thank you so much for leaving the comment! I appreciate your contribution to the blog!πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

I hope you’ve had a good rest over the weekend πŸ’– See you again next week and take care! Don’t forget to have fun! 🌸
Saya In Underworld said…
I imagine if it were you, you would try to go to the parallel world again, because of your thirst for knowledge 🀣⭐️⭐️⭐️

Thank you so much for your comment!✨πŸ™πŸ»
Anonymous said…
Ohhh I see! Interesting! We must watch the anime too!πŸ˜†

Thank you so much for your comment πŸ™πŸ»⭐️⭐️⭐️
Saya In Underworld said…
Hello! How are you! Glad to see you here again!πŸ˜†✨

You must be a multidimensional traveller too!😱⭐️
This old man doesn’t seem like a kind of guy who would sit down and have tea with you though🀣✨

Try jumping over some dimensions to visit me in Japan! Then you will know that your ability is real!🀣⭐️

My pleasure, and thank you so much for taking the time to comment! πŸ™πŸ»πŸ©·Take care and see you again!
CreanJinSung said…
Oh! I didn't realize they went back in time and it's the same day. I assumed it was the next day because of the missing food. Then that middle-aged man doesn't seem so bad now. He made sure the narrator won't be late 😬
Saya In Underworld said…
He woke up on the same day and that’s why he thought it was a dream. But then he found his food was missing, indicating that it wasn’t a dream!πŸ˜†✨

I think the man was trying to help him!πŸ˜†⭐️
George V said…
I think he appears in the translated light novels and not the anime. I could be mistaken, as it has been a few year since.
Saya In Underworld said…
Oh I see! But still interesting! Thank you so much for the information! I know many people will be interested in looking it up!😊✨
Second Sun said…
Sayaaaaaa! γŠη–²γ‚Œζ§˜γ§γ—γŸ!

Wow this is really interesting! I'm glad OP was okay in the end.
Love dream stories πŸ‘

I think with the age of smartphones, seeing NOBODY, would also freak me out 🀣

But if I'm already in that dream world, I would explore a bit first ww

Have a good week ahead Saya!
Saya In Underworld said…
Second Sunけゃん、γŠη–²γ‚Œζ§˜γ§γ™!

Yes, I love dream stories but in this case, it wasn’t a dream! He was travelling between different parallel worlds! He woke up, ate the leftovers and went to the university, and somehow wandered into a different world, but that man sent him back the world he originally came from. That’s what’s seemed to have happened πŸ˜†✨

But still, this could have all been a dream and he ate the leftovers in his dream 🀣⭐️

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful week and またζ₯ι€± ~ 🌸✨✨✨
Aeri chan~ said…
Seems like perfect world for meπŸ˜„nobody there except me and food πŸ™‚
Saya In Underworld said…
What are we gonna do without Aeri chan in this world?😱

🀣🀣🀣⭐️

Thank you so much for your comment!
what a great guy, making the man early for uni by having him go back in time!

it sucks about the leftovers, though😭
Saya In Underworld said…
He ate the leftovers already so no harm is done🀣 but yes he is a good guy!

Thank you so much for your comment!