“My Female Neighbour Locked the Front Door as soon as She Entered Her Room…”

If you would like to be notified of future posts, follow me on:

My Instagram:

My X:

❤️Updating Every Saturday Evening (Japan Time)



(Translated and Arranged by Saya)
⭐️From 2 chan thread

1:(OP)
It made me mad because I was still in the shared corridor. 


2: 
NORMAL


4: (OP)
>>2
Really? 
That seriously pissed me off.


3:
It annoys me a bit when someone walking in front of me starts walking faster.


4:
It’s just part of her routine.
You shouldn’t worry.


6:
I LOL’d because you are not making sense.


13: (OP)
>>6
OK I’ll explain so you will understand.

I live in a rented apartment, she and I took the same elevator and got off at the same floor, and we are neighbours. She went into her room first and as soon as she closed the door, she locked it.

Don’t you think her actions were extremely rude to me who was still in the shared corridor? 


8: 
It’s this type of guy who ends up becoming a criminal.


11:
Don’t you close your door as soon as you go into your room? 


14:
I don’t get it.
Did she lock her own door? 


23: (OP)
>>14
Yes, she dared to lock the door of her own room as soon as she got inside, and moreover, she has two to three locks.

I thought, what’s your problem, bitch?
Are you trying to provoke me or what? 


36:
>>23
Not rude at all.

If you don’t like it, you should know that there are many dangerous men out there in the world.


15: 
You should get back at her by banging your door shut very loudly.


17: 
So what should she have done?
Wait inside the door until you are gone, and then lock her door slowly? 


49:
You don’t lock your front door when you return home? 


78:(OP)
>>49
I lock it when there is no neighbour or delivery person in the shared area.

(Note: In Japan, when a guest leaves your house, it’s considered rude to lock the front door immediately. 
If one needs to lock the door immediately, one must turn the lock slowly as not to make any noise. I myself wait a few seconds after a guest or delivery person leaves before locking it😅)


Well, I will let it pass this time, but if this continues to happen, she can’t expect me to be so generous.


254:
>>78
Is he saying he will attack her? 


40: 
>>29
2 to 3 locks? Wow she takes really serious precautions 


54: (OP)
>>40
That also REALLY pissed me off. 


20: 
You have such a victim mindset.
Go book an appointment with a therapist tomorrow.


21:
If she locked a door to a shared space, yes, she might be rude.
But how can she be rude if she only locked her own door? 


24:
If you aren’t acquainted with her, that’s a safe and correct way to behave.


25: 
>>1
I do get the OP’s point 

Especially in an old apartment building or boarding house with shared corridors, everyone would be extra careful when passing by their neighbours and other people.

Those people who ignore you when you say hello to them, and just walk past you and slum their doors shut can be very irritating.


32:(OP)
>>25
RIGHT!!!???

I even thought about ringing her doorbell and storming into her room to make a complaint!!!


61:
>>32
YOU WHAT…?


66: 
>>32
So it seems she DID take the right action after all.


27:
Hey, you both took the same elevator, right? 
That means she has feelings for you (^ω^)


28: 
WTF 
How can someone like this exist?
No wonder there are endless neighbourhood troubles…


34:
Creepy Stalker Mindset


41:
You wanted her to say hello to you? 


54: (OP)
>>41
No, not that, but I went nuts because she suddenly behaved as if she was rejecting me.


42:
Are you saying that she should wait until you are gone from the shared space, and then lock the door? 


54:(OP) 
>>42
I’m only saying that at the very least she should wait for 20 to 30 seconds after she has gone inside, and those women who do this kind of thing mindlessly can’t complain if they ever get attacked suddenly.


50:
Suppose she was extremely careful not to upset anyone, and made sure she did not lock her door immediately.
If she then got murdered as a result, who would take responsibility for that? 


68:
>>50 
Spot on


51:
I hesitate to lock the door immediately whenever a delivery person leaves.


52:
I try to hang back a little when I see a woman entering my apartment building, to avoid entering it at the same time. 


57:
She lives in an apartment building with such a neighbour.
No wonder she locks her door immediately.
Her sagacity should be applauded rather than criticised.


63:
How can you get triggered by something like this LOL


65:
Perhaps people’s behaviours vary in regard to this matter, depending on whether they were brought up in the countryside or a city 


67:
Go storm into her room right now! 
And ask her “do I look like a kind of person who would force his way into someone’s house?” 


72:
>>67
LOL


75:
>>67

Sounds like an American joke.
(Note: “American Joke” is a term that usually refers to a type of short story (not necessarily American) that is funny but has a sarcastic or twisted ending. I have translated one in the past on here. More examples on here)


70:
If you are that mad, you should go ask the old bitch right now why she had to lock her door immediately like that.


82:
>>70
Not an old bitch 
Around 18 to early 20 years old college girl who’s moved in recently.

If she was an old crone, I wouldn’t get mad at all.


77:
Scary
If someone lives alone, it’s totally normal for them to lock their door as soon as they come home.

Why are you being so mad? 
What could have triggered you in this situation? 

What kind of life are you leading?
Creepy sicko.


79: 
Wow… creepy…


87:
Imagine if someone like this lived next door.


92:
He is well on his way to developing schizophrenia.

I remember though my own family kept the front door open until just before the bedtime so they didn’t understand the notion of locking it as soon as they came home.


103:
I don’t understand 
What harm can she do to >>1 by locking the door immediately? 
Unless you are planning to break into her room, does it matter when she locks the door? It doesn’t, does it? 


108:
>>103
It makes me feel very uncomfortable, when I am still in the shared space and trying to get into my own room.


109:
>>103
His mentality is the same as someone who makes a complaint at Konbini (Note: convenience store


105:
I just pray this doesn’t end up being on the news. 


111:(OP) 
If you lived in an apartment like me, you would definitely understand how I feel.

This issue is hard to understand for people who live in their own houses.


124:
>>111
I am a man who live in an apartment but I don’t understand you.

I actually lock my front door the moment I get inside too.


128:(OP)
>>124
I wouldn’t mind at all if it was a man who locked the door immediately.

It’s because it was a girl that I’m mad and wanted to storm into her room to complain about it.


132:
>>128
Wow you so gross 


139:
>>128
His insanity has become even more evident by this statement.


129:
So >>1 keeps his door open while someone is in the corridor, and goes to his room and waits patiently for a few minutes before returning to the front door again to lock it?
Even if he wants to lock it immediately? 

But if he sees some other person still in the corridor he goes back to his room again, waits for a few more minutes and then goes back to the front door again and checks the corridor before locking it?

But if he finds yet another person in the corridor… 


150:
I’ve never complained at a convenience store or anything like that and I’m a proper shakaijin (Note: a word meaning “a working adult; full-fledged member of society”), working full time

>>129
No no I won’t get mad if it’s a man doing it and I’m a man too so I always lock the door a few seconds after closing it, you know? 

I’m outraged because a young woman locked it immediately. 


137:
>>1
I understand how you feel but it’s not normal to get that worked up. 

If you were saying that you were angry because a young woman rejected you and you were shocked, then I would understand. 


166:
>>137
I’m so glad someone finally understands me.
I was worried that everyone saw me as a crazy person.

You can’t imagine how furious I was.
How dare she behaves so rudely to me lol 

If she hesitates to get into the same elevator as me next time even though the door is still open, I’ll be sure to ask her, why didn’t you get in? 


138:
It’s so obvious that he likes her and that’s why he’s so mad.

He’s a potential stalker.


140:
This is what happens to a man when he has been a virgin for too long.


142:
If it’s a man he won’t mind…? 

She did the right thing by locking the door immediately then. 


144: 
The News: “…in his statement, he said that he was angry because he felt rejected, and wanted to get back at her …”


191:
>>144
That might actually happen 


149:
Such a crazy neighbour! 
So scary ~~~~~~~~~


159: 
You are a complete psycho and paying abnormal amount of attention on persons of the opposite gender.

It’s not funny and stop posting a thread like this to confess your messed up sexual preferences.


185:
>>159 
Well ~ I do admit that I have imagined doing things with her because she’s cute, you know? 

That’s why I nearly lost my mind when she behaved like that to me.


187:
>>185
So she’s your type 


197: (OP)
>>187
Well, she IS quite pretty 


206:
>>197
Pretty girls often become targets of harassment, so this girl may also be just trying to be extra careful.


190:
>>185 
You’re just a crazy horny bastard LOL
Stop confirming that your neighbour took the correct course of action LOL


170:
A neighbour who doesn’t even live next door but lives across a corridor locking their door shouldn’t bother you.

Even etiquette teachers who constantly nitpick wouldn’t be crazy enough to complain about something like this.


231:
The moment the OP started saying that the problem only applied to young girls, it has ceased to be an issue of etiquette.
Make no mistake about it.



Comments

Hello, wonderful people! How have you all been?

I find this story interesting because it’s like taking a peek into a criminal’s mind!
I have had experiences of being a bit paranoid before but not to this extent.
How about you? 😆

I hope you found this story interesting too!

Much love and take care ~ 💕
Brina said…
That’s scary tbh, I would lock my doors too immediately after entering.
George V said…
He is one scary person, I agree, she did the right thing.

Also, one of the local firework dealers has one of those things that look like a kunekune. Except this one is blue and has a big smile.

Anonymous said…
People like this are so scary, and I know they're trolling but I really hate when others in the comments goad them on! With suggestions like you should do this, or that. They're obviously mentally unwell enough to take those suggestions, and they're putting real people in danger.
Anonymous said…
I don't always lock my door, but if anyone wants to enter they'd better ask nicely or they'll have extra breathing holes and there's nothing they (or their representative) can do about it since it's legal to defend yourself against home invaders here 😈.
Well ok not that simple, but it's kinda side on the homeowners.
That said, I believe it's much safer in Japan than in where I live, since that's the only thing some random person got to complain about 🥲
Nice reading this kind of story! Thanks Saya 😄
@Brina
I remember how scary it was to live alone😭

I hope there are not many crazy people like this, otherwise how can we protect ourselves?😭

Thank you so much for your comment! 😄
@George V
That sounds interesting! You should upload a picture of the firework on your instagram!😆

Thank you so much for your comment!😄
@Anonymous (30 June 2024 at 16:08)
You have a good point there!
What if the OP took those suggestions seriously such as “storm into the girl’s room right now” or really started thinking that the girl had feelings for him😅

Anyway it’s scary the way a girl does the simple act of locking a door and someone else thinks she is attacking him😅

Thank you so much for your comment!🙏🏻
@Anonymous (30 June 2024 at 21:05)

Extra breathing holes…😆

I remember some time ago, I heard some news about a Chinese couple living in Japan, who beat the hell out of burglars when they tried to break into their house, and I was quite impressed, because Japanese people are such docile creatures that they could never effectively defend themselves in that situation 😆

I’m glad you are so strong!

You’re welcome and thank you so much for your comment 😄
espewe said…
Damn, the person is so horrendous. If I were a girl, I'd be extra careful around him too. I hope the girl is okay and nothing happened to her.

I really hope nothing bad happens to you too Saya-chan! Be extra careful of hideous people
@espewe
Thank you so much!

I’ve had some scary experiences too😱
Like a man following me and asking me if I wanted to have some tea with him at a train station…
I kept bowing and apologising to him until I went outside and took a taxi lol

Thank you so much for your kind words! 🙏🏻