Bunny

(Translated by Saya) 

When I told this to a friend, he froze for a second, and then burst out laughing...
But to me, it was a quite creepy experience.
This story involves my daughter, who turned three last June.

My daughter has some imaginery friends, just like a lot of other children do.
She often talks about "Panda san *1,"Tanuki san *2" and "Bunny san."
"Panda san is still a baby," "It was Tankui san who made a mess," she would say, but there was something about "Bunny san" that set it apart from the other two.

After some pondering, I realised that her description of "Bunny san" was often more detailed and specific than that of of the other ones.
"Bunny san is much older than me, so she can use chopsticks very well."
"Bunny san is looking at the flowers on the balcony now."

One time, my daughter was tinkering on the piano.
She did that often and I didn't pay much attention to it - until my ears caught a certain tune.
Do...re..mi...Do...re...mi....
It was the Tulip song.*3

She didn't have a piano teacher, and neither I nor my wife had ever taught her to play it.
I asked her how she came to learn it, and she replied, "Bunny san taught it to me."


As you can imagine, I felt creeped out.
I asked her again,
"What does your friend Bunny san look like?"
"Well...she has long ears."
That was not hard to quess.
"OK...so does she look like this?"
I showed her an illustration of a rabbit.
"No."
"Alright then...how about this one?"
I showed her a picture of a real rabbit.
"No, she isn't like that."

I asked her many more questions, and she tried her best to answer them, but she didn't yet know many words, and it was hard for me to grasp what she was telling me.
My daughter gradually became irritated and I had to give up questioning her further on that day.
But one thing became clear: the bunny was black, not white.

A few days later, my daughter came running to me excitedly.
"This one! This one!"
She yelled, clutching a magazine in her hand.
"What is it?"
She pointed at a picture in the magazine.
"This is Bunny san."
"What...? Are you sure this is Bunny san?"
"Yep," she beamed with satisfaction.

It was a picture of a smiling bunny girl in a man's magazine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
*1 San - A Japanese honorific, equivalent to Mr., Mrs.,Miss,etc. (Wikipedia
*2 Tanuki - Japanese raccoon dog (Wikipedia)
*3 Tulip song - A famous Japanese nursery song (Youtube)

Comments

If you do not find this story funny, then you do not have a sense of humour. XD
Dina Sectio said…
This story reminds me of Sakurajima Mai in anime Seishun Buta Yarou.
Unknown said…
Let's be thankful it's a real bunny girl ghost and not a man in bunny girl costume
George V said…
That is funny. Children are amazing.
Hemu said…
.......quick!!! Call the Ghostbusters!! That Bunny Girl ghost is a Lolicon Onee-san!!!!
CreanJinSung said…
And here I thought she was thinking of Sailor Moon.
Since, if I'm not mistaken, her name is Usagi/Bunny.
Violet said…
so it was a real person? :O? or a dead playboy bunny?
Oh cool although I don't know the anime XD
That would be quite nasty, although people are free to dress in anyway they like XD
I like how the story lets you think it's a scary story until the last moment when it's revealed it's not scary at all. XD
Oh my. How did you come across such a word! XD
A Sailor Moon ghost would be so cute! XD
Yes it's true her name was Usagi/Bunny! haha
Either one would be hilarious! XD
Unknown said…
oh, i was expecting a mascot costume, like robby from silent hill. somehow, a "bunny girl" raises just more questions, but is less creepy to me. plus, she seems like a nice ghost.
haha Robbie the Rabbit from Silent Hill brings back memories!
Gabriel said…
I'm finally catching up to the stories I've missed, and I didn't notice the funny tag on this one. I laughed just way too hard, I wasn't expecting that ending hahaha XD! I was already picturing a spooky bunny demon-thing, and then... that. Well played.
Thanks a lot for this story too :D!
Unknown said…
i burst out laughing.. at first. but then i re-read again i didn't find it that scary but if it's my kid then... helll nooooo XDXDXDXDXD
allucinator said…
Damn! I want one!
LOL don't get too excited, sir!
Hi dear! I'm glad you made you laugh! I burst out laughing too at the end! XD Thank you for commenting! <3
@Tri Hindargo Hahaha glad you found it funny!
Omg this made me laugh!