Bathroom

If you would like to be notified of future posts:

*Follow Me on Twitter @Saya_Underworld
*Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/saya_in_underworld
(Translated and arranged by Saya)


Picture unrelated to the story lol

I heard this from a friend.

One time, she was stopped by a man with unusually long hair in front of a train station, and was asked, "can I use your bathroom?"
She was freaked out and ignored the man, and walked quickly back home.
On the way home she looked over her shoulder to make sure he wasn't following her. 

When she walked into her apartment, she noticed that her little sister, who was living with her at the time, was not home yet.
As she was feeling still creeped out by that man she had met at the station, she emailed to her sister: "I saw a creepy man in front of the station. Be careful."

Then she went to the bathroom.
It was a "unit bathroom" where both a toilet and bathtub were in the same room.** She closed the shower curtain and had a bath. 

Soon, she heard her sister open the front door. 
She said to her sister: "were you OK? I hope you didn't see that strange man." 
But her sister didn't reply and just came into the bathroom. 

She would often talk to her sister about what happened during the day while having a bath like this, with her sister using the toilet behind the curtain. So like usual, she started talking, and she told her sister about that creepy man in more detail.

Then from behind the curtain, she heard the peeing sounds, and a voice said to her: 


"Thank you for letting me use your bathroom."



------------------------------

In smaller apartment rooms, it is not uncommon to find a toilet and a bathroom in the same space, but usually Japanese like to have a bathtub and a toilet in separate rooms, because toilets are thought to be unclean not only in physical sense but in spiritual sense too. 

NOTICE:
NEXT UPDATE WILL BE ON 5TH MARCH.

I am a bit exhausted lately, so I need a break from this blog for a few weeks. πŸ˜…

Please follow my Twitter or Instagram for any updates. Thank you. 


πŸ’Ž BONUS PICTURE
This is a REAL ghost picture of unknown origin (probably first published in a book.) 
 


 

Comments

Comment below if you found this story funny.πŸ˜†πŸŽ΅✨
Anonymous said…
Saya-san, the first picture is incredibly funny. But I'm certain I can't find the story funny. It's creepy as heck 😒.
I hope the narrator is ok. And the sister too.
But seriously. For the man to hold on for so long instead of just going to the bathroom at the station. Now, that's endurance.
In the bonus picture, both the red apparition and the lady is a bit spooky. Is she really not the ghost?

Thank you for this story Saya. Hope you have a good rest and stay healthy and happy always ☺️

- nunu-
Anonymous said…
wait a minute. did the sister pretend to be the creepy man to scare the narrator?

- nunu -
I wondered if this man was really a man or a kind of yokai. πŸ˜†✨ It's just so weird.

I think the sisters must be safe because he just wanted to use the bathroom πŸ˜†πŸŽ΅✨

The ghost picture is a famous one on Japanese internet and I thought people might enjoy seeing it! lol

As to the theory you put forward in your second message, I like it! It would have made the story even funnier πŸ˜†πŸŒˆ✨

Thank you so much for your enjoyable comments! I look forward to hearing from you again in a few weeks' time!πŸ’“✨
Anonymous said…
The thumbnail picture >>>>> ghost picture
It's so disturbing! >_<
And I don't understand what I'm looking at the ghost picture. Where is the ghost? Hahah

Thank you for the story, Saya-chan! The strange man is so impatient. He can't wait until the narrator finishes her bath smh
Anonymous said…
Ehh personally I think the fact that her sister uses the toilet while shes in the bath is much weirder than the man πŸ˜…
Don't you think Tlthe thumbnail picture is rather uplifting?πŸ˜†πŸŒˆ⭐

The ghost is that red eye thingπŸ‘»πŸ§‘✨

I guess he really needed to go to the bathroom 🀣✨✨⭐

Thank you so much for your comment!

That's so true🀣🀣🀣✨
I wouldn't do it or have someone do that while I have a bath!

Thank you so much for your comment!
Anonymous said…
Im not late for first time yayayayayayay
anyway this is a pretty nice story from me tho. Its creepy but i still somehow liked it. my holidays are coming and the one thing i would do during them would be reading your um stories.

Sayonara Saya!
HelloπŸ˜†⭐
That's nice that you will be on holiday soon! I am sorry I won't be updating for a fortnight! But I hope I have enough stories here to entertain you for a while! Cheers!πŸ‘πŸŽ΅
allucinator said…
🀣 Quite polite
I think the girl should be proud to have helped the poor man. 🀣✨
George V said…
Yikes! That is very scary. Also love the kaiju looking in.
I am always delighted to hear that people find my translated stories scary! πŸ˜†✨ After I have translated them, I often become unsure as to whether they are scary or not. I worry too if I have translated them in the right way. Thank you so much for your feedback πŸ˜ŠπŸ™πŸ’Ž✨.

The kaiju you are referring to is tho red thing in the ghost picture? It's rather unsettling to look at it, isn't it?πŸ˜†πŸŽ΅✨
Anonymous said…
Another great and spooky story Saya-san! 😍

I'm not sure if it's due to my overactive imagination, but whenever I read the stories you post (which I take great delight in reading it) I get goosebumps and feel cold. Sometimes my room will get extremely silent (lol). Though I'm not one to get scared easily since I won't be a frequent reader here hehe. Home invasion (or when it involves houses in general) stories definitely scares me. I remember a past posts: the person getting a sudden phone call, he freaked out and left the house only to come back and see muddy foot prints; the one about a voice of a child saying "# of step I climb"; and being called by the mom only to find out that it was a ghost and many more... they really spook me. I guess it might be due to the fact that a house is a sacred place for us, our safe haven, and for someone or something to invade it destroys that tranquility.

Looking forward to your next post Saya-san! I hope you get a good rest and relaxation! πŸ’•

Much love from the Philippines πŸ‡΅πŸ‡­!
Those stories might the ones you are referring to in your messages!:

https://sayainunderworld.blogspot.com/2007/08/strange-call-in-midnight.html?m=1

https://sayainunderworld.blogspot.com/2010/12/seven-steps.html?m=1

https://sayainunderworld.blogspot.com/2007/09/voice-from-upstairs.html?m=1

Thank you so much for your great insight!

I think it's true that we tend to view our home as safe haven and to imagine it disturbed by supernatural entities makes us feel really uneasy!

Thank you too for your kind words πŸ˜ŠπŸ™πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–✨I hope you are safe and sound, and happy in your country!⭐🌈✨See you again soon!
George V said…
Yes, it is. And it is unsettling.
Steeple said…
as soon as the "sister" didnt talk i knew what was about to happen. i think its kinda weird to use the bathroom while somene is bathing, but if theres only one bathroom i can understand. its just awkward, so if there was no other option itd be okay. i think this would be scarier if her home was nowhere near the station...

that 2nd ghost photo.... looks like a case of double exposure! tis where you overlap two different negatives onto the same photo paper. it was an early technique to make ghost photos when cameras first became widely available!
I read somewhere that the photo might be a photo of a singer who committed suicide, and the picture was taken before her death. πŸ˜†⭐

But it might be just a fake ghost photo someone created, as you said!πŸ˜†✨

Thank you so much for your comment!