At a Restaurant

If you would like to be notified of future posts:

*Follow Me on Twitter @Saya_Underworld
*Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/saya_in_underworld

🌻🌻🌻I have decided to draw one picture every day for 30 days straight ⭐  If you are interested, visit my other Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/lily_piano_yuriko

❤️❤️ UPDATING EVERY SATURDAY

(Translated and arranged by Saya)

Why is this pic scary?


⭐This is a CRYPTIC STORY!

The other day, I went to a restaurant where my friend works as a waiter, to have dinner by myself.
Soon after I walked in, a waitress led me to a table, and put a menu at my seat and also at the seat opposite of me.

What? As I was wondering about that, my friend came to my table too.
"What a surprise!"
He said, grinning and putting a glass of water and an oshibori (moist towel) in front of me and at the seat opposite of me.

I was starting to feel a bit uneasy but ordered some food anyway.
But my friend asked, "how about your date?" 
What are you saying, I am alone, I said.
My friend, looking puzzled, whispered to me, "but you were with a girl when you came in."
He told me that he saw a long-haired girl in white dress beside me when I came in, and assumed she was my girlfriend. 
He thought she wasn't at the table now because she had gone to the rest room.
Of course, I had no idea what he was talking about, so I told him again that I was alone, but he looked at me like I was weird. 
Now I was getting seriously creeped out.

It was then that my friend burst out laughing. 
"My bad!" He started apologizing. 
"I've been so bored because we haven't had many customers today. You know that ghost story where a waiter puts a glass of water at an empty seat in a restaurant? I remembered it just before I brought the water to you, and I thought I would do the same to you to give you a little scare! Wasn't it a brilliant idea?" 
He then continued: "Really sorry about that. If the owner found out that I was playing with a customer, he would get mad at me, so please keep it quiet."
He then served me a free cup of coffee after the dinner.

I was a bit annoyed, but felt relieved after he told me the truth.
I forgive him because the coffee was quite good, but I hope he doesn't do this kind of thing again because it almost gave me a heart attack.



------------------------

🧑Related Story: One Too Many

------------------------
⭐Bonus Picture

The cruel fate of a Pikachu Wedding Cake
Before 

After (would you eat this!? lol)

Comments

Hello, everyone! How are you? πŸ€✨

I quite like this cryptic story! I hope you enjoy it too ~⭐

I look forward to reading your answers!
Please, DON'T BE SHY, and leave a comment below.
Don't be embarrassed if you "get it wrong," because I myself am notorious for getting these things wrong 🀣✨

Talk to you soon ~πŸ’– Thank you so much for following my blog πŸ™✨
Charm said…
Wait, it wasn't the friend who put the other water. It was another waitress. So it's not really a joke?
Ink said…
The pic is scary to me because the sink is not in the reflection. The story is scary because not just the waiter friend, but also the first waitress who put the menus out, saw the extra person with the narrator. That is a great cryptic story. :)
ιš•ηŸ³ said…
Regrading the first image; to the right and bottom of the washer, there appears to be a face in the darkness.
Anonymous said…
If it were to happen to me I'll be very angry if I have to pay for the ghost's meal too! 🀣
alternatively I'll order durian mixed with natto, with a side of surrstromming and hakarl. That is if I don't get kicked out of the restaurant first or getting arrested for bio terrorism.
Well it's a nice story ☺️, thanks!
Sunny said…
That pikachu post had me gagging on my water.
Anonymous said…
The photo is spooky because it isn't the photo of the reflection, but rather a photo taken of the subject while she was taking the selfie.

The water was brought by someone else... so either the friend is lying and trying to make him feel better about the weird situation/potential ghost, OR the friend and the waitress who brought the water are the same person- maybe a trickster spirit.
Anonymous said…
Isn't she just taking her reflection photo? So it was never meant to be a selfie?
Someone pointed out the ghost face in the bottom right, but I think the girl's hand making a V sign is weird.

Thank you for the cryptic story, Saya. I also think it wasn't a joke because the first waiter is the one who gives the menu.

I'd totally gobble up that Pikachu!
George V said…
Hmm, what happened to the waitress? I did not get the picture until other pointed out the problem. I kep looking for a hidden face.
Banake said…
Was the waitress who served two menus in the jokes?
Ri said…
Hi Saya. I read a couple of your stories and I liked it. I'm hoping to see more of your works in the future .I'm a fan of creepy dark stories too!!
Ri said…
The story was scary im traumatized
Anonymous said…
I know the symbolism of white in Japan, but REGULAR HUMANS wear white in Japan, right?😨😰😱. I'm asking in the case I go back to Japan for some days.
On another note, I HATE those kinds of cake
HINT:


Notice what happened right after he entered the restaurant!
"ANSWER"


His friend said he came up with the idea of the prank just before he brought the glass of water to the narrator. So the waitress didn't know about the prank. That means she did see someone else was with the narrator.
Yes! Exactly πŸ˜„⭐
The friend might have been joking, but the waitress did really see someone.

Thank you so much for your comment πŸ’–✨
🌈HINT FOR THE PICTURE

Turn up the brightness of your screen!
ANSWER FOR THE PICTURE

A face next to the washing machine πŸ˜†⭐
You might also be right about the sink!πŸ˜†πŸ‘✨

Yes! The friend might have not seen it, but the waitress definitely saw something! Well done!πŸ’“

Thank you so much for your comment!
Well done! It is quite hard to spot it! πŸ˜†⭐ Thank you so much for your comment!
Don't forget to throw KUSAYA into the mix as well 🀣✨✨⭐

You're very welcome, and thank you for leaving a fun comment!πŸ™πŸ§‘
If they really loved Pikachu, they would not have done that to him!🀣✨⭐

Thank you so much for your comment! LOL ✨

The reply to
Anonymous 1:

Thank you so much for your unique interpretations of the picture and story! I always like it when someone gives a different answer from the "official" answer! πŸ˜„πŸ™⭐
Reply to
Anonymous 2:

It's true her hand looks a bit weird!

Yes, I think definitely the waitress saw someone!
Thank you so much for your comment πŸ˜„πŸ’–✨
When I first read the story, I thought the waitress was a ghost! πŸ˜†⭐ I might be right in this too!

I couldn't see the face at first too! It's disturbing when e find it!πŸ˜†✨

Thank you so much always for leaving a comment!πŸ™✨
No, because the friend thought about playing the joke on the narrator just before he brought the water to himπŸ˜†⭐

Thank you so much for your comment!🎡✨
Oh hello and welcome!πŸ˜ŠπŸ’“✨

I hope you will enjoy the rest of the blog too ~⭐
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it πŸ™πŸŒˆ✨
Oh no!πŸ˜†⭐
Don't feel too worried! Make sure you watch or read something funny after this!
When you come to Japan again let me know because I will meet you in a white dress πŸ˜†πŸŒˆ✨
And I am a regular human (well, sort of... LOL)

Really? Because I thought we could try that kind of cakes
together when we met!🀣⭐⭐⭐

Thank you so much for your comment!
Anonymous said…
Once I saw pictures or a video, I don't remember, of a VERY REALISTICAL cake looking lkke a baby. Don't ask more, please πŸ˜₯😭
I think there was (or is ) a bakery in Thailand where they sell pastries in the shape of human body parts that look very realistic. The one you saw might have come from that place πŸ˜†⭐
Anonymous said…
Hi Saya!

My brain is not functioning well, today.
I can't figure out the mystery in the first picture and in the story ;(

I'm gonna peek in the comments now.
Thank you for this post, Saya. Even though I failed to solve the mystery, I like it very much.

~ nunu ~
Hello, nunu!

That's OK! Just relax and enjoy ~~πŸ˜„πŸ€✨

Thank you so much for your comment πŸ™πŸ’–πŸ’•✨

Next week, I am posting a really fun story so don't miss it ~🎡🌈✨
Charm said…
The picture was surprising. I didn't turned on the brightness but was able to click the picture and got it highlighted and that's where it showed. Creepy 😬😬😬