Christmas Diary

If you would like to be notified of future posts:

*Follow Me on Twitter @Saya_Underworld
*Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/saya_in_underworld

My other social media accounts (for my artwork etc.)


❤️❤️ UPDATING EVERY SATURDAY

(Translated and arranged by Saya)


🧑🧑This is a CRYPTIC story!🧑🧑

12/15
Now, what should I write...
It's not as if I'm planning to show this to anyone, but let me write down a few things about myself first. 

I lost my parents in an accident, and since last year I had been living with my little sister...until this spring, when my little sister left home to study abroad.
She is coming back home next March.  

So this winter, I'm all alone in our house.
I have started this diary out of boredom.
This notebook was actually a Christmas gift from my sister. 
It has a picture of a Christmas tree on it. 
Mmm... I can't think of anything else to write.
I'm going to bed now. 
Good night, Sis.


12/16
I hold a pen in my hand, but I don't have anything to write. 
I thought about writing down my memories with my little sister, but my hand stays still.
I can't seem to do anything without my sister.
I want to see my sister.


12/17
My friend suggested that we go to a single's party. 
I hear that they are planning to hold the party on Christmas Day.
I wonder if my little sister would be cross with me if I told her about it? 


12/18
Suddenly an image of my sister nagging me flashed across my mind:
"Brother! Look at the state you are in! Get a hold of yourself!"
I want her to really tell me that, even though I know she won't.


12/20
I keep the gift I gave my sister last Christmas with me. I cherish it and use it with care. 
Come to think of it, I have quite a bit of money left because I didn't have to buy a gift for my sister this year. 
I really want to see my sister...


12/21
I really want to see my sister.
She is not coming home this New Year, so I won't see her for another three months or so. 
I think I have saved enough money to go and see her in the US.


12/22
I want to see my sister.
I want to see my sister.
I want to see my sister.
I want to see my sister.
I want to see my sister.


12/23
My sister called me!!!
She was so surprised to receive a Christmas gift from an unknown person! LOL
I'm so proud that I surprised her.


12/24
I have finally made a decision! 
I've decided to go to where she is! 
I can't do anything without my sister.
So this is the final entry of my diary. 
Good bye!


12/25
Merry Christmas! 
I got a call from my sister.
She told me that she threw a Christmas party with her friends.
She has also changed her plan and decided to come back to Japan for the holiday.
I was on the verge of booking a ticket to the US. 
Is she that desperate to get otoshidama** from me? LOL
Or she just wants to see me? 
I'll be here, waiting for you, with plenty of otoshidama.


12/27
Something unbelievable happened....
The plane heading to Japan crashed. 
She was clutching the purse, which is the gift I gave her, in her hand, and that's how they identified her body. 
This diary, which I have been writing every other day, ends today.
There are some blank pages left, so if I can get over this grief, I will start writing again in December next year, if only to write down my memories with my sister.


-------------------------
Notes:
**Otoshidama is the money adults give to children over the New Year's holiday.





Little envelopes (pochi-bukuro) in which Otoshidama is put come in many designs and shapes. The motif which is often used is the particular new year's zodiac animal. The zodiac animal for 2023 is Rabbit. 

Pochi-bukuro sold in a shop 


KitKat pochi-bukuro  





Comments

Hello, lovely underworld residents!🧑

This is a difficult one, so don't worry of you don't understand it immediately!

I look forward to reading your theory!
I might post a hint below this comment later if everyone is finding it too hard to solve!

Thank you so much for following my blog πŸ₯°❤️
Have a wonderful weekend!
Eddy said…
First comment! I had to read 3 times to get the twist. I think i got the order right, what a sad turn of events. I want to see my wife.
Wow you're so fast! Well done πŸ‘⭐
I hope you are going to spend a wonderful Christmas with your beloved wife!❤️
Aeri chan~ said…
I don't understand (-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩___-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩) please give me a hint~
OK sure! I will do so.πŸ˜†⭐
Hint:
.
.
.
.
.
The dates and how they are displayed.
allucinator said…
I feel like he's in some sort of a lamentable loop. I still can't comprehend the story well. This is a great pain.

I just levelled up 2 days ago; a year more and I will be 30.
It's OK because it's really hard to get! I don't want people to feel bad because they don't get it immediately πŸ˜†⭐

Oh cool! Happy birthday πŸŽπŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
allucinator said…
Thank you! 😊

Didn't notice that I used the word "pain" ambiguously. I meant that the narrator feels a great pain.
That's cool! I just hope you don't feel any pain and you are happy, because you are a birthday boy!πŸ˜†πŸŽ⭐🧑
Second Sun said…
Sayaaaaa!! 今ζ—₯γ‚‚γŠγ€γ‹γ‚Œγ‡γ‡γ‡γƒΌ!!

This is a really well done cryptic story!! It took me multiple readings to get it 😭😭😭
Your hint was really helpful! The other hint is in the final diary post πŸ₯Ί

Thank you very much for another great translation! May you have an awesome weekend!

γΎγŸγ­γƒΌγƒΌγƒΌ!



Second Sun けゃん、γŠγ€γ‹γ‚Œγ•γΎ!

It's a quite clever cryptic story, isn't it?πŸ˜†πŸ’“ You're right, there is a big hint in the final entry too!

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you so much for leaving a comment πŸ™⭐

Enjoy your weekend!
またζ₯ι€±~πŸ˜†πŸ’•
Anonymous said…
Hi Saya!!!!

I miss your cryptic stories very much. This one really stumped me, though.
I can't figure out the mystery. As I scrolled down to write this comment, I had to close my eyes to accidentally see any answers.
I'm gonna keep thinking about it, though. So I will return again. Hehe.
I think this is your hardest cryptic story, so far Saya. I LOVE IT.

Anyway, if I see such empty seat in a full train, no way am I gonna sit there.
It remind me so much of a scene in the movie Alone.
Thank you for this story, Saya. I love it very much.

~ nunu ~
Hello, nunu!

Yes, it is one of the hardest ones so far! I don't think I could have figured it out without anyone's help!

No one has written the exact answer yet, so don't worry!
If you want a hint, read my second comment from above and also Second Sun's comment!

I will post the answer to it by and byπŸ˜†⭐

Oh I don't know that movie! I should check it out!

Thank you so much for your comment πŸ₯°❤️
Anonymous said…
Super big hint in the last entry - it's an amazing story! I needed to read it second time after this clever word in the last one to really get it. Super interesting!
Wow you're so amazing to get it! Well done ~πŸ˜†πŸ‘⭐

I'm so glad you found it enjoyable to read!🧑
Thank you so much for your comment!
Anonymous said…
Hi Saya, i've been an avid reader of your cryptic stories. Thank you for the effort you take in translating them.
I think, maybe, the entries on odd dates were written in a different year than the entries on even dates....waiting for the answer. πŸ™ˆ
Anonymous said…
I read the entries of every other day just like the last entry said and oh my god 😭 so that's why there's no 26th entry...
Yukari said…
After reading it again, and paying attention to the hints ... I think I finally found an explanation that makes sense to me. Are the entries from even days and the entries from odd days from different years? So the brother writes on every odd numbered day in the first year when the sister is abroad, then fills in the entries on the pages he skipped a year later? What a sad story. But a very good cryotic Puzzle.
Anonymous said…
Thank you for the story, Saya! This story was hard for me to get at first. I was reminded of my late father the entire time I was reading it, so maybe that's why. I'll visit his grave the next time I have the opportunity to come back to my hometown.

I think the answer from Yukari is correct. The diary entry from 12/20 was the one that really told me that's the correct answer. Nice story...
Aeri chan~ said…
Oh My Lord... The diary entry on 12/24 is the last entry and He... 😭
Anonymous said…
Let's be positive that he simply wanted to visit his sister's grave and decided not to use the diary anymore so he could move on XD
George V said…
The plane crash was last year, and he is messed up, as he tries to come to grip with her death. That is my humble guess. Loves puzzles.
Anonymous said…
I figured his sister was already dead from the first few entries but I was having difficulty figuring out the proper order of the entries. For anyone else having trouble, the keyword is "every other day".
Anonymous said…
Hi Saya-san! I apologize if I come across rude or disrespectful, this isn't a comment in regards to the post and I hope you don't mind. Is it fine with you if I share your blog (url) to tumblr? I'm writing/sharing about horror stuffs their and I want to feature your blog. Thank you~~~
Sure ~πŸ’• Thank you for being so kind to ask me first! πŸ™❤️
Answer
.
.
.
.
The narrator writes the diary "every other day."
The odd numbers are the entries of the last year and the even numbers are the entries of this year.
The sister dies on 12/27 last year, and the brother commits suicide on 12/24 this year.
.
.
.
.
You're very welcome and thank you for following my blog for such a long time!πŸ₯°❤️

Yes! You're spot on! Well done ~! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘⭐ You're a master at solving cryptic stories!
Don't be sad!😭 LOL
But it's a quite sad story, I agree! LOL

Thank you so much for your comment and well done for solving it on your own!πŸ‘⭐⭐⭐
Yes! You're really right! Well done ~πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŒŸ You're so good at solving crypto stories!πŸ’“ thank you so much for your comment πŸ₯°❤️
Your father must have been a great man. I know he is very proud that you have grown up to be a loving, kind person!

Yes, the entry on 12/20!
I noticed while translating it that the gift he is talking about is the purse his sister was clutching in her hand when she died. It's so sad😭

Thank you so much for your comment!πŸ™❤️
That's the nice interpretation you have there!πŸ˜†πŸŒŸ
I wouldn't like to imagine he committed suicide too😭

Thank you so much for your comments ❤️❤️❤️
Exactly! Well done for getting it right!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ§‘
You're super smart! I'm glad you like it and thank you so much for your comment!⭐
Anonymous said…
Ah this one is sad :((
Yes, it is😭
But don't worry because they are united after their death!πŸ˜†⭐
Anonymous said…
Thank you so much for giving me permission! Don't worry, I won't repost your translations. Just the blog itself. Thank you again. πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•πŸ’•
You're very welcome πŸ˜„πŸ’ž Thank you for being so considerate!
Anonymous said…
Without your answer, I actually came up with a theory that there was another person/personality using the diary, or a second diary and somehow involved with the sister's death ^^~ I thought too much ;_;
Anywho it's such an amazing story. Thank you Saya-san :D
Saya In Underworld said…
That’s amazing!πŸ˜†I like your theory too! Thank you for sharing and you’re welcome ~ πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•