The Attic

If you would like to be notified of future posts, follow me on:

My Instagram:

My Twitter:

Comment down below if you see it!

❤️Updating Every Saturday Evening (Japan Time)

(Translated and Arranged by Saya)

A new boy transferred to our class at school.

He was always lying face down on his desk,  looking depressed. It seemed like he hadn’t made one single friend yet.

I assumed he was very shy. Feeling sorry for him, I decided to try chatting with him.

“You aren’t looking very happy. Did anything bad happen to you?”

He looked startled by my question and was a little hesitant at first, but at length started telling me the following story:


******

The cause of his depression stemmed from an incident that happened about a month ago, before he transferred to our school.

One day he was playing a video game in his own room at home when he noticed that one of the ceiling boards above his head had slightly slipped out of place.

Using a chair, he climbed up into the attic, and with a flashlight examined his surroundings, in the hope of finding out the cause of the dislodgement.

Surprisingly, it was so much more spacious inside the attic than he had imagined, to the point that it appeared almost boundless.  

His spirit of adventure being aroused, he soon forgot about the dislodged ceiling board, and began exploring the attic.

After a while though, the flashlight went out, apparently because the battery had run out, and a sudden darkness descended on the place.

Stricken with panic, he tried to return to his room, but he had already ventured so far out that he could no longer see the light from the room. 

Now he was totally lost inside the attic.

Not knowing what else to do, he continued to walk around, searching for his room, but in the complete darkness it was easy to lose one’s sense of direction, and soon he was not sure whether he was going forward or backward, or left or right. 

He walked on and on aimlessly until he perceived something shining in a distance.

Thinking that it must finally be his room, he picked up the pace and walked towards the light as fast as he could.

However, as he drew near to it, it became apparent that it was not his room.

This might be hard to believe, but it was a light from a town he had never seen before. 

Curiously, a large town existed inside the attic, and he was seeing the lights of the town from afar. 

As he didn’t feel he had any other choice, he  plucked up the courage and dived into the town.


******


As soon as he finished his story, he heaved a heavy sigh, and burst into tears.

I was baffled by his outburst, but tried my best to calm him down.
“It sounds like you went through quite an ordeal. But you have managed to return to your room in the end, yes? You shouldn’t feel so upset.”

When I said that, he slowly shook his head and replied: 


“I haven’t managed to get out of the town yet.”


———————
⭐️The bizarre picture of the week:
A Monster from Kamen Rider called “Starfish Hitler”


Comments

Saya In Underworld said…
Hello, everyone! How are you?
I hope you’ve had a good week!

This week I was busy! But we held a birthday party for my mother and that was fun! ( you can see the pictures of the birthday cake on my instagram lol)🌼

I hope you enjoyed this story! See you again next week! Take care of yourself, and don’t work too hard! Remember to enjoy life✨✨✨🌸

Lots of love!❤️❤️❤️
Aeri chan~ said…
I knew it! Just by reading the title i knew it would be my favorite story, i read this story back in 2013-2014 someone translated this story to my languange and the title is :desa di atas atap(village in the attic)😭😭😭😭its been 10 years whoaa time flies,i never knew that i will still read urban legend&horror story till this dayπŸ₯²Thank u Saya-San for post this story (*´∇`)οΎ‰
Saya In Underworld said…
That’s nice! I didn’t think it would be so famous! Glad you like it! Thank you so much for your comment!πŸ˜†πŸ©·
allucinator said…
This is me at some point in my life, but, instead, in 'that' proverbial attic.

Was lost for a long time in different towns, witnessed some unspeakable shit, learned some harsh lessons, then I got out a different person.
Saya In Underworld said…
Got out a BETTER different person, most likely!πŸ˜†⭐️

Or a better philosopher!πŸ˜†✨

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!🌸
allucinator said…
Fortunately, yes. 10/10. Might visit again.
Saya In Underworld said…
Yay ~ 😊⭐️ Wonderful!
Anonymous said…
Saya, I thought you liked people visiting your blog. Then WHY DID YOU POST THAT?!?! (I mean the last picture). Just kidding, I'm not as used to Japan as I thought. Good work as always.
Saya In Underworld said…
Well at least the guy is portrayed as an evil monster 🀣⭐️⭐️⭐️
I know he was defeated by the Kamen Rider lol

I’m glad I’m helping you to familiarise yourself with the more refined aspect of Japanese culture ~ 🀣✨✨✨⭐️

You’re welcome and thank you so much for your comment!🩷
Anonymous said…
Oh i remember this, I always believe this is the one of many inspirations for the Backroom or any infinite liminal space stories. I also remember there is a Doraemon's story about turning part of your house into extra dimensional space to store stuffs or just mess around.
I remember there was also story about airport and airline in which if you get on it then you'll be taken to another dimension - ala Twilight Zone or Stephen King or that cursed train station.
Or Hotel California or 1408 or the cave in Japan that will send you to the future leaving your family wondering where the hell have you been for 30 years, well I just love stories about liminal space / gateway to another dimension :D
George V said…
I can see why he is sad, as he has travelled to another world, leaving his home far behind. As for the picture: lower left?
Saya In Underworld said…
I be love stories like this too! I hope to translate more of them. Thank you so much for your comment!⭐️
Saya In Underworld said…
I totally forgot about the picture since no one is mentioning it! Yes, that’s it! Well done ~ πŸ˜†πŸ‘⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thank you so much for your comment!
uwu said…
Hi Saya! I used to keep up with your blog many years ago, and I hadn't come back to check on it until today. I'm delighted to see that you're still updating it! Thank you for everything you do.
Saya In Underworld said…
Hello dear!
Welcome back ~ 🀣✨

I sometimes want to quit this blog, but there are many people who are addicted to it, and I don’t know what horrible symptoms they would have if I stopped updating 🀣⭐️

Joke aside, thank you so much for leaving a comment! I’m grateful for your kind words! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–Take care ~ πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
Anonymous said…
Hey Saya!! It makes me so happy to see you still posting, I've been checking in every once in a while for years now! I'm going on a last-minute trip to Japan for the first time with a colleague (she's from there) so I probably shouldn't be reading these scary stories before the flight, but I can't help it lol
Saya In Underworld said…
Hello! Thank you so much for dropping by! It’s great to hear from you!❤️

I really hope you have a wonderful time in Japan! I hope everyone treats you well!

You’re safe in Japan as long as you’re respectful to the gods, and avoid doing any suspicious rituals, visiting haunted places and taking elevators at night 🀣⭐️

Stay safe and take care ~ πŸ˜„πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
Anonymous said…
It sounds like the story of the boy and the butterfly (a boy dreams about a butterfly then wakes up, then he wonders if he is the dream of the butterfly). I guess the narrator would have to suffer from existential and the boy would have to keep going to the attics to find his way home ;_;

(I think I accidentally sent a comment while typing it so please ignore that one Saya-san T^T)
Saya In Underworld said…
That’s the butterfly dream story which appears in Zhuangzi. πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•

Perhaps he will find his way home if he goes into the attic again!

That’s OK! Don’t worry, I did see any other comments apart from the one you sent me above! πŸ˜†✨

Thank you so much for your comment!🩷
Banake said…
I liked this one. I am really a sucker for space time bending.
Saya In Underworld said…
I’m so glad you enjoyed this story!
I find this kind of story fascinating too!
Thank you so much for your comment!❤️