Clothes of Invisibility

If you would like to be notified of future posts:

*Follow Me on Twitter @Saya_Underworld
*Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/saya_in_underworld

My other social media accounts (for my artwork etc.)


❤️❤️ UPDATING EVERY SATURDAY


"Where's Wally?"
A girl took this photo of the man (a total stranger) who was following her inside a convenience store 

(Translated and arranged by Saya)

I have a best friend called Masato (pseudonym) whom I have known since junior high school.
We both went to the same university, and got a job at the same company.

We even fell in love with the same girl.
Long story short, we decided that whoever got a better mark in our company's typing competition would confess his love to the girl.
The girl ended up being Masato's wife.
Her name is Kyoko (pseudonym).

One day when I went out for drinks with Masato, he told me about a particular urban legend.
It was called"Clothes of Invisibility" and seemed to be popular among younger people.
The story went that when you put on those items of clothing (they could be anything from a jacket or a hat to shoes or gloves) the entire existence of the person would disappear from the world.
So it was a bit different from the usual "cloak of invisibility" type of stories.
There wouldn't be any traces of the person's existence left, so no one would even know that anything unusual had happened.

Thus we passed the rest of our evening telling each other such silly urban legends. We were quite tipsy by the time we left the bar. 

It was while we were tottering down a dark street sparsely lit by streetlamps, that we found a glove lying in the middle of the street. 
The glove was for the left hand, and one of the finger parts was missing. 
Masato jokingly said, "maybe it comes with the content too (Note: there is a famous urban legend where someone picks up a glove lying on a road, and discovers that it has the content inside -- meaning, it has someone's hand inside it.)," and he picked up the glove, laughing.
He then looked inside it ----


---- but it was empty, as was expected.
It was just a normal glove. 
"Boring," Masato mumbled, and put the glove on his hand. 
"Hey, stop it. It might have dog's shit on it or something," I said, but he wouldn't listen.
"Oh, it fits me so well." 
He said gleefully, but I exclaimed when I saw his gloved hand.
"Wait, your finger!"
The ring finger of his left hand was not there. 
"What about it?" He asked me in return.

By this time, I had completely sobered up. I explained to him, falteringly, how his ring finger had disappeared.
"What are you talking about? My ring finger was never there in the first place," Masato maintained.
"But what happened to your wedding ring?" I asked him, but he said, "I am single."

I didn't understand how he could be so insensitive and joke about his marriage to Kyoko. It wasn't the least bit funny and I was annoyed with his behaviour.
But even more strangely, Masato's face, which was cheerful before, suddenly clouded over.

"You shouldn't talk about Kyoko chan in that way," I told him.
"Kyoko is your wife!" Masato yelled angrily and stormed off. 

I wondered if Masato had gone crazy as I walked back home. 

When I arrived home, Kyoko was waiting for me inside my house.
I wasn't surprised because all my close friends have spare keys to my house so they could get inside anytime they liked. 
But I was thinking about what had happened that night, and assumed she was there because of it. I mentally prepared myself for what she was about to tell me.
"Kyoko chan, I..." 
"Honey, your dinner is inside the fridge." 
"???"
Kyoko then turned to go to the bedroom.
I stopped her. 

"W..wait, wait a second. What do you think you are doing?"
"What?"
I told Kyoko, who was looking at me with a puzzled frown, about the strange behaviour of Masato.

"Haven't you come because of him?"
"Why should I care so much about Masato? I don't understand your question."
Kyoko gave me a concerned look.
She, at length, took out some photo albums and showed me pictures of us together, as if to prove to me that we were married. 
There were so many pictures in there, none of which was familiar to me.

Kyoko appeared confused and anxious, but I couldn't go to bed with my best friend's wife, and decided to sleep on a sofa.

When I woke up in the morning, Kyoko was gone. 
I wanted to think everything was a dream, but my room didn't look like it was a room lived by a single man, being filled with stuff that didn't belong to me.

As soon as I arrived at work, Masato came over to talk to me.
I was expecting him to say something along the lines of: "you've been pranked!" or " Kyoko and I had an argument last night, and staged a little act." But none of that was forthcoming.
"I spoke to Kyoko chan this morning about last night, but were you really serious?"
He asked me the question I myself wanted to ask him. 
 
His left hand still only had four fingers.
Masato advised me, in a roundabout way, to go see a psychiatrist or visit the psychosomatic department.

I said no. All my colleagues and old friends from school and university, agreed that Kyoko had always been married to me, not Masato.

Since I don't want to be locked up in a mental asylum, I pretend that I have remembered everything and continue to live with Kyoko even now.  
What should I do about this...




Comments

Hello, lovely people!
How are you? I hope you will enjoy this week's post!

Let me know if you find the man in the photo!🀣⭐

Thank you so much for coming to my blog!πŸ™πŸ’–
Anonymous said…
That's a very strange ending to a story like this--not what I expected.
ProjectCnacan said…
Congratulations you just got a jackpot. But yeah don't try to use everything you found in sketchy place
Anonymous said…
Hi Saya!!!

This story is super interesting. Maybe everything will turn back to the way it was when the glove on Masato's hand was removed? It was never removed, right? Maybe the narrator is the only one who can see the glove.
I wonder if anything bad will happen to Masato's finger when the glove is eventually removed.
I can't imagine if the item found was a hat. Aiyo.

I pity the narrator so much, because he needs to continue on living, but he can't really.
Thank you for the story, Saya. I like it very much.

~ nunu ~
Anonymous said…
HI Saya. Azee here. This story is really interesting. Sometimes i really wonder if such thing do exist~ Magical items that makes you fly, disappear etc. And it seems like the glove have a special skill that alters the reality. So cool ^^

And regarding the man in the photo, for some reason, i really thought that there is gonna be a jumpscare! XD Yeah i manage to find the creepy man hiding behind the shelves staring deep into our soul :D
Anonymous said…
Wow that's bizarre. Even I got confused and read it again. The glove must have changed their destiny? So weird and confusing.lol

That display picture is so creepy. Why must people stalk other people? ☹️

Another fantastic story Saya-san. Thank you so much for the hard work of translating. I hope you have a fun and relaxing week!πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
I love stories with unexpected endings! πŸ˜„⭐

Thank you so much for your comment!
He doesn't sound too happy though!🀣✨

I would never pick up a glove and put it on my hand! That's gross 😝

Thank you so much for your comment!
Hello, nunu!

I assumed he has removed the glove already. But you may be right! Your theories are interesting as usual!

Imagine being stuck in a marriage with someone you didn't choose! He fancied her but that was probably a long time ago, and I doubt he is happy about the situation.

Thank you so much for your comment! I'm so glad you liked itπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
Oh, no new story from you today?😭

I'm kidding. It's alright πŸ˜†

I hope such magical items exist, but not lying randomly on the street 🀣⭐

No ~ I don't like jumpscares so I wouldn't put one without a warning! πŸ˜†✨
But we'll done for finding the man! πŸ‘

Thank you so much for your comment!
Yes, it's a little confusing πŸ˜†⭐

It's indeed a creepy especially because the story seems to be true!

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed reading it! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! πŸ™
Have an amazing week too!πŸ’–
Anonymous said…
lol! I do have a story that i wanna share actually. Its about my mum and it involves black magic. Im just worried the story is too long for you to read so i skip it hahaha! I'll try to make it short and post it here if you dont mind :)
I don't mind that at all, and there are other people who enjoy reading your stories too! Thank you for taking the time to write your stories πŸ™⭐
Anonymous said…
For you and the readers Saya :)

When I was 12, I discovered something "special" about my mom. Let me explain.

I grew up in a poor family. Life was really tough back then. It was so tough that we barely had enough to last through the day. My dad is the sole breadwinner and will usually be away for awhile to earn a living. My mom is a housewife. She would occasionally help out with cleaning or whatever job the neighbor offered for a small fee. If you wonder why she couldn't work, well, she is illiterate. The money my dad earns mostly goes to the bills, the and the debts. He used to take up a huge amount of loan to fund his business venture that failed. That's the reason why we're in this state now.

One day, I collapsed due to hunger. I just couldn't bear it any longer since I feel so weak. My mom knew how bad it was and cried while hugging me. 

She said, "I'm so sorry for being so useless." Give me a minute, okay? I'll be right back.

She left me for awhile and went to the other room. She came back a couple of minutes later with a $50 note on her hand.

"Look what I've got! Baby, tell me what you want to eat. I'll get it for you." She smiled while wiping away her tears.

I didn't ask where she got the money from. All I ask was to buy us something to eat. That night, we had a feast.

A few weeks went by, and I suddenly got the urge to ask her where she got the money from back then. She was stunned by my sudden question. She asked if I really wanted to know, and I said yes. She brings me to my room and makes me promise not to tell my dad about what she is about to show me. She tore a piece of paper from her notebook and make me sit on the bed with her. She roll the note into a cylinder and wrap it tightly under her palm while chanting something weird. She then blows it into her hand and open to show me. The blank paper had turned into money. Bear in mind, I was 12 at this point and all I can think of is that she knows magic. I was delighted by it, and I asked her to do more!

She said, "Baby, my magic is not to be used this way." It will eat up my lifespan. My magic is designed to help others. "This spell requires help from the devil, so I have to be careful about what I ask for."

A few years later, I did my own research and found something about black magic and white magic. I finally understood what she meant back then and felt so regretful for making her use black magic to satisfy my hunger in exchange for her lifespan. I started to believe the existence of black magic eversince then.

Nowadays, we don't suffer as much compared to before. Dad managed to find a job that pays well, and we've been living healthily ever since.

By the way, my mom is also the reason why I am able to see "things" other people can't see. I'll share the story about it next time Saya.

Take care ^^ <3  
Oh thank you Azee, for sharing such a personal story! And your experience is simply amazing 😳

Everyone would want such power to create wealth out of nothing, but I guess it would come with a huge risk! I'm so glad your mother won't have to use that power anymore!

I see that you're a gifted person yourself! But I pray that you won't do anything dangerous that causes to shorten your lifespan!

Thank you so much again for your magical story!πŸ™πŸ§‘✨
George V said…
Liked this one. I wonder what some of the other clothes would do.
Aeri chan~ said…
Thank god it's not an underwear or a beanie or else he will lose his... Yeah ya know what i mean '_'
allucinator said…
What a weird Isekai.

I remember reading an English translation of Hagakure and there was this one excerpt that says that a reality is another dream, and a dream is another reality.
Second Sun said…
Sayaaaaa!! γŠγ€γ‹γ‚Œγ‚«γƒ„γ‚«γƒ¬γƒΌ!!

Found the man in the photo..怖いね 😱

And the story this time is also super interesting!! I thought about it and still couldn't explain it 🀣

Inexplicable indeed ww
Such clothings are interesting but I guess I won't find out cause I also wouldn't put on stuff I find on the floor 🀣
SynthiaMaramis said…
So the glove, remove Masato ring finger, in which his marriage with Kyoko exist. And since the glove will fill up the logic about the missing marriage, Kyoko become the story teller wife?
I'm glad you liked it! I hope there won't be any other items like this, at least not in places where people will find them easily! πŸ˜†⭐ Thank you so much for your comment!
Oh gosh 🀣⭐ please stop! Children are reading this blog too! 🀣✨

Thank you so much for your comment!
That's amazing that you read HagakureπŸ˜†⭐ I think you would have become a good samurai ~✨

People say that we move to another parallel reality each time we make a decision! He seems to have shifted to the reality where he and Kyoko are married! LOL

Thank you so much for your comment!
Second Sun けゃん、γŠγ€γ‚«γƒ¬γƒΌ!🀣🀣🀣✨
I didn't expect that you would joke in Japanese!

Well done for finding the man!🀣⭐
ζ°—ζŒγ‘ζ‚ͺγ„γ‚ˆγ­!

The moral of the story is never wear clothings you find on the street!🀣✨

Thank you so much for your comment! またね!
Something like that!🀣⭐✨
I think he has shifted to a parallel reality where he is married to Kyoko!

Thank you so much for your comment!❤️
George V said…
And I did find the guy in the photo.
Haem said…
Hi Saya! I hope you have a wonderful week! πŸ’•
Another interesting story, so weird what happened. It must be so uncomfortable for the narrator to now live in marriage with whom used to be his best friend's wife even though he used to like her too, it's also curious how everyone's memory changed and not the narrator's. Also, I feel bad for the girl who took the picture, being stalked is a terrifying experience but I would like to compliment your choose of pictures for the stories because despite them being unrelated, they make a good complement!
Hello, Haem! Thank you πŸ’ž I hope your week has been good so far!

If I found in the same situation as the narrator, I would feel extremely uncomfortable to live with a best friend's spouse too! It would just feel wrong.πŸ˜…

I'm glad you like the picture at the top (even though it's creepy πŸ˜†). There are so many people who are looking forward to my new posts that I want to do my best to entertain them!

Thank you so much for your comment πŸ₯°❤️πŸ™
Take care ~⭐⭐⭐
Anonymous said…
I am pleasantly surprised to see this blog is still up and running. I followed since 2013-ish yet I never left a comment. Safe to say that you were a huge part in my teenage hood and I'm glad you're still here, Saya.

This story was very interesting!
I'm surprised this blog is still in operation tooπŸ˜†πŸŒŸ

I want to quit but people won't allow me to. LOL

Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving a comment! πŸ™πŸ’– I'm glad you like this story!