Sad Senpai

If you would like to be notified of future posts, follow me on:

My Instagram:

My Twitter:

❤️Updating Every Saturday Evening (Japan Time)



(Translated and Arranged by Saya)


This is a story about someone at my work.

I have a senpai (Note: a senior colleague) *1 at work who is very caring and supportive, and who, although he is not an outstanding worker, nevertheless has a reputation of being dependable that some of our clients even specifically commission him to do works for them.

But he has one shortcoming which is that he loves his family too much.

Once he starts talking about his family, he won’t stop, and if it happens to be after a holiday, he tells us what he did with his family, where they went, and shows off their photos to everyone.

He may sound like just an ordinary family guy, but the problem is, his wife and daughter are both already dead.

Apart from that, he is really reliable, and because his odd behaviour didn’t affect the work, none of us ever tried to do anything about it. 

And now, I will write about what happened one time at a bonenkai ( a year-end party) *2

That bonenkai was a particularly luxurious one because the company had made a relatively large profit that year.

The senpai was in high spirits and indulged himself in heavy drinking, which he never usually does. At the end of the party, he was past tipsy and could not even sit properly in a chair. 

We couldn’t let him go home alone in such a state, but the senpai kept saying he had to go home because his family was waiting for him.
The boss gave us an order to me and another colleague to take him home, and we had no choice but obey it.

The other colleague doesn’t drink at all, and as he came by his own car, we decided to take the senpai home in his car (the colleague said he could manage on his own but I felt it would be irresponsible of me to just leave them and go home).

The senpai appeared to be completely wasted, but he had somehow still managed to order a takeaway, and I remember seeing him clutching it tightly in his arms.

When we arrived at the senpai’s house there was, needless to say, no light coming from it. It was all dark.

By this time, the senpai was starting to sober up, and he said,
“They must have gone to bed already,” smiling.

“Come inside! I can make you some tea,” the senpai offered, but we were politely declining it by saying “it’s already past midnight…,” when:

Pat pat pat pat pat …. Click!

The front door swung open.

“What? You’re still awake? I have something for you ~ !” 
The senpai exclaimed happily.

“We are leaving then!”
As the senpai walked into the pitch dark house, we quickly got into the car.

We both sat shaking once we were inside the car.
“Hey…. What is that thing the senpai is living with in that house?”


Even now, the senpai often shows us blank photos that are supposed to be the photos of his wife and daughter.



——————-



Personally, I think both the senpai-kohai system and bonenkai should be abolished. Everyone was so happy during those three years when there was a restriction on eating and drinking out because of Covid, and companies refrained from organising a stupid event like bonenkaiπŸ˜†


Comments

Saya In Underworld said…
Hello, everyone! How are you?

The photo at the top is a real ghost photo! It’s kinda creepy, innit?

I hope you are all enjoying the weekend! I will be watching a walkthrough of Resident Evil Village tonight πŸ˜†✨

Thank you so much for leaving comments! Lots of love πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
Anonymous said…
Okay, that photo is creepy.🫣
I felt chills when I read the part his family is already dead, and that blank photos that he kept showing. I doubt he has mental issue but more on the fact that his family must've stayed because he can't let them go. Or maybe it's some other entity that pretends to be his family. Scary.

Oh, I've heard "bonenkai" quite a few times and I remember some employees dreaded it due to the fact they're obligated to attend and drink or else they'll look disrespectful to their bosses if they decline or refuse.

Thank you so much for translating this story, Saya-san! πŸ’“Have a nice day.πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°
Aeri chan~ said…
πŸ₯²πŸ₯²πŸ₯²delusional/schizophrenia?? Living with ghost family? Whatever it is, that is so sad to be alone and lonely... However nowadays my twitter timeline is full of ghost vid and pic -_-and most of them are jumpscareπŸ₯²if Saya san interested i will sent the twitter acount that post ghost vid through the DM, it's local ghost from my country tho so maybe it is not scaryπŸ˜†
Anonymous said…
According to the narrator, there is SOMETHING in that house, so we can rule out delussion/schizophrenia. The senpai looks fine at least (for the moment)
Anonymous said…
Nice story as always. The last part got me 😨😰😱. About the ghost photo, has it been checked? I'm not doubting you, of course, but we all know what Photoshop and other softward can do
George V said…
Nice story. So many different angles to go on here. Thank you as always.
Anonymous said…
I believe we may have found the concrete evidence of interdimensional relationship.
You see how people often have one way relationship with their anime figurines, body pillows, their favorite idols, their vehicle (that would be me πŸ˜… - me love beautiful car, actually all of those description fits meπŸ˜†). So we have seen 2D and 3D relationship, this time maybe it's 4D relationship!

on a more serious note, I knew people who had such condition in my neighborhood. Its so heart breaking 😭. Nothing supernatural involved, just plain old mental disturbance post trauma, and just as you said, this person was also kind and helpful to others.

Thanks for the story πŸ‘ Its both unnerving, scary, and very sad 😭

whatever entity reside in that person's home, hopefully they will be kind and helpful to him, at least until he's ready to move on.
Saya In Underworld said…
I think everyone likes the photo, do I will probably post another one next week πŸ˜†

As for the story, I also suspect that the senpai has unknowingly let some strange entities into his house because of his attachment to his deceased family!

I think bonenkai is especially boring for people who don’t drink!πŸ˜†✨

You’re welcome and Thank you so much too for leaving a comment!
I hope you have a nice week πŸ’•
Saya In Underworld said…
@Aeri chan:
Sure ~ 🌸✨
I will open up my DM on Twitter!
Thank you so much for your comment πŸ’–
Saya In Underworld said…
I think that photo has been around since before the age of photoshop, but you never know!πŸ˜†

I’m glad you found it scary!

Thank you so much for your comment!🌸
Saya In Underworld said…
I’m glad you like it~! You’re very welcome! Thank you always for leaving a comments!πŸ™πŸ»⭐️
Anonymous said…
It might be a fun relationship to have if the ghost is niceπŸ˜†⭐️

I feel sorry for people who have lost loved ones. They must feel unbearable pain😭 Sometimes insanity can bring certain peace to people.

Thank you so much for commenting πŸ™πŸ»πŸ’•
Saya In Underworld said…
Sorry, that was me above🀣✨
allucinator said…
This, that police officer in Samurai Flamenco, Dark Souls 2 and its miserable people, the entirety of Nier Automata, the anime To Your Eternity, and that 2012 movie Asura... heavily reminds me that I am a goddamn human who shed tears.
Saya In Underworld said…
I think you are both philosophical and funny! A beautiful combination!πŸ˜†⭐️

Thank you so much for your comment!✨
Second Sun said…
Sayaaaa!! γŠη–²γ‚Œζ§˜γ§γ—γŸ!!

Ohhhh I love real ghost photos hahaha
Always creeped out but soooo interesting to look at!

And this story!! Did the thing open the door or the senpai?
Either way, aahhhhhhhhhhh~~~~
I would definitely be scarred for life www
The blank photos are both sad and creepy T_T

γ‚γ‚ŠγŒγ¨γ†γ”γ–γ„γΎγ—γŸ! またζ₯ι€±!!
Anonymous said…
Second Sun けゃん、γŠη–²γ‚Œζ§˜γ§γ™!
γ„γ€γ‚‚γ‚³γƒ‘γƒ³γƒˆγ‚γ‚ŠγŒγ¨γ†γ”γ–γ„γΎγ™!

Oh no! I should definitely post something funny too at the end next time , so my post won’t traumatise too many people πŸ˜†⭐️

γ©γ†γ„γŸγ—γΎγ—γ¦!
またζ₯ι€±!Have a wonderful weekπŸ’–πŸ˜Š
sardine god said…
Hello Saya! I'm back!
I find this story wholesome but also sad. Whether it's a ghost or not, and whether this coworker's performance is good even if he has this issue. I hope he find the help he needs to move on and heal from the loss of his family.

As a fellow corporate slave, the article about bonenkai is interesting. Turns out it also happens in where I live. I was one of the people who had to prepare the event for my office last year, and it was tiring, I had to cook all the food, I had to help clean up, I came home at around 11 PM. The amount of people who fake their smiles and honestly just want to go home makes me agree to end this bonenkai culture. I'd rather spend my New Year's Eve with my husband.

Anyway Saya, I found a video about a Japanese urban legend of a creepy advert that everyone seems to remember but nobody could find. I hope you enjoy it! https://youtu.be/6gNK9QhWQ9Q
Saya In Underworld said…
Hello, Sardine God! I’m grateful that you are here again! I hope your life has been well!πŸ’•

Oh no! Not only you had to attend the party, but also you had to cook for everyone!😱 Insane! At the very least they could have ordered food!
But you deserve applause for your hard work πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Oh yes, I have heard of this TV advert before! Very intriguing! Thank you so much for the link πŸ’–

Thank you so much for your comment and hopefully we’ll see you again here soon!😊✨
Take care!
Steeple said…
I know everyone is thinking some creepy entity, but all i can think of is a painting circulating called "my bisexual wife", that features a dark figure standing behind a fence

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0v8ERNWQAQtE2b.jpg

so this senpai just got himself a bisexual wife, no big deal!
SAYA said…
You know what! That makes total sense 🀣🀣🀣✨✨⭐️

I didn’t know this painting. Thank you so much for honouring me with the information of such a remarkable piece of art🀣✨✨⭐️