“Please help us move a grave-like object”… A monk receives a bizarre and mysterious request - Part 9 (FINAL)

If you would like to be notified of future posts, follow me on:

My Instagram:

My X:

❤️Updating Every Saturday Evening (Japan Time)

Goodbye, Pikachu!

💖READ ALL THE PREVIOUS EPISODES HERE


(Translated and Arranged by Saya)


213(OP): 
I forgot to write earlier but after I arrived home, I went to express my gratitude to the principal image straight away. 

After the bath, I went to bed without having dinner. 


The next day, as I struggled to get my duties done with my tired body, my mind naturally began puzzling over the events of the previous day. 
Who exactly were T san and his wife anyway? 
Were there any crucial facts they had withheld from me, that were the real causes of those strange phenomena? 


I decided to call D san to clear up my questions. 

There was also another thing I wanted to ask him, which was what made him decide to recommend me to the couple, despite the fact that we hadn’t seen each other for more than three years.


I called his mobile number, and heard rings, but he didn’t answer. 
I called him again a few hours later, but to no avail. It was the same the next day. 
I thought to myself that if he didn’t answer that day and the day after, I would call his office instead. 

So that day, I tried calling him a few times, and finally got through to him at lunchtime. 
“Moshi moshi, D san? This is ****. It’s been a while.”


“Huh? You have the wrong number,” it was a woman’s voice that answered. 


“What? This isn’t D san’s phone number?” 


“No, it isn’t.” 


“Please accept my apologies.” 
Did I pick up a wrong number by mistake? 
I tried calling him again. 
But the same lady answered…hmm? What’s happening here? 


“I have used the same number for the past couple of years. Perhaps the person you are looking for has changed his number.”
I see… that would make sense. LOL 


I was ashamed of myself for still being under the influence of the previous incidents and thinking everything had a supernatural cause. 
I apologised to the lady, and then searched for the business card D san gave me before. 

And I called the main line number of his company, and told the person who answered, “Hello, this is **** calling. May I please speak to D san?”  


“You would like to speak to D? 
Er…, please excuse me, Mr. ****, but may I have your company name?”
The person sounded somewhat suspicious. 



214 (OP): 
“Uh, I am the **** who worked with D san a few years back on the **** project…” 


“Oh, I do remember you.” Her voice changed back to a normal tone. 
“I am D’s wife. It has been a long time.”


“Oh, you are D san’s okusama. I hope you have been well. May I have a word with D san then?”


“Oh….er…. I beg your pardon, D passed away about three years ago.” 


“!!!”


“Moshi moshi ?” (Note: hello?  the meaning of moshi moshi)


“Oh, sumimasen, he passed away? I had no idea. I am so sorry. Please forgive me.”


“No, it’s fine. You did not receive a postcard from us?”


D san had died of heart failure three years ago. 
I felt chills down my spine. 


If that were true, when did he recommend me to T san? 
I was even more confused now. 


So I decided to call T san and ask him when it was that he heard about me from D san. 



216:
>>214
WTF….


************


215(OP): 
“Moshi moshi, T san, this is bōzu calling (Note: 坊主 bōzu is a very casual way of calling a monk.)”


T san:
“Oh, thank you so much for the other day. 
The atmosphere in our house has changed completely, and I cannot thank you enough.
Nothing strange has happened since then.
On the contrary — you know, that smell — the smell of byakudan (Note: sandalwood) Obōsan burned in the garden seems to be still lingering in the air, and now the whole house feels bright and cheerful. 
My wife is extremely grateful for you, too.”


“Oh, that’s wonderful. I’m glad to have been of help. But please, I beg you not to tell anyone about what I did. I really don’t have any abilities to deal with such things.”


T san: 
“Of course, I promised you that I would never tell anyone, and anyway, this is not something I can casually talk about with anyone. So please, don’t worry. You are the person who saved us. I feel nothing but gratitude for you.”


“Well, er…I actually have something I needed to ask you, if that’s alright with you.” 


T san: 
“Yes? What is it?”


“Er… when exactly did D san recommend me to you?” 


T san:
“…..” 


“Moshi moshi?” 


T san:
“Yes.”


“Well, when and how did you first hear about me from D san?”


T san:
“Obōsan….”


“Yes?”


T san:
“We have solved the problems, haven’t we?
Can’t we just leave it at that and move on?”


“Eh?”


T san:
“You have saved us. Isn’t that enough? 
Let us leave it at that.” 


“What…?”


T san: 
“Now, you must excuse me. I have to go.”



217:
What was that all about…? 



219 (OP): 
“Wait…”
He hung up on me. 

Why? 
What was that just now?


As of now, I’m still in confusion. 
On the night of 14th June, the day I started writing down this story, and after I returned home from work, my family told me:
“There was a call for you during lunchtime, from someone who needed your service.  They said they have heard about you through D san.” 
This has confused me even more. 

It has been two days since we received the call, but I have been unable to get back to them. 
My family keeps saying it would be rude if I didn’t reply soon, but I’m too scared to call back. 


By the way, the three photos I saved in my phone, except for the last photo of the house with crows, turned out to be all black. 
I transferred them to my laptop and increased the contrast but they both remained black.
So, because of the lack of physical evidence, and also of my status as a monk, I am unable to talk about this with anyone around me. 


This is the first time I have encountered such a bizarre incident. 
Since this story is not a work of fiction, it does not have a definite ending as such.
Please forgive me that it was long-winded and poorly written, but I hoped, by writing this down, I would hear other people’s opinions on this.

Thank you so much for reading it.

I would be very happy if you all could share your thoughts on it. Gasshō (合掌 Prayer)



221:
>>219
Otsukare sama ~ ! (Note: Well done, good job)
I looked forward to reading your posts every day! 
By the way, I do believe in supernatural beings.

I wonder if that person at the end was someone impersonating as D san…?


220:
(((;゚Д゚))) …


222:
Is it unsolved…(((( ;*Д*))))


223:
Ahhh
How can you leave it unsolved! Dreadful! 
I know it can’t be helped, but it’s still extremely frustrating! 


225:
D san perhaps appeared in T san’s dream and told him, “this mystery can only be solved by **** san (Obōsan).”

But if so, there would have been no reason for T san to hide it. He would have simply told Obōsan when he was asked about it on the phone…

Anyway, otsukare sama. 


226:
So perplexing. Why didn’t T want to tell him?
Somehow or other, he must have contacted D and spoken to him, and even if it was done in an unusual manner, why would he hide it? 

I can’t imagine the reason. 


234:
How about this: T san and his wife were actually restless spirits who met D san in the afterworld (?), and asked him to help them, and that was how Obōsan became involved. 

And Obōsan has become famous in the afterworld because of this, and now another spirit is seeking Obōsan’s help so that it can also find its way to heaven. 
Wouldn’t this be romantic? 


237:
Depending on how you deal with the call you received on 14th June, we may see another episode of your adventure, perhaps?

But for now, otsukare sama for writing down such a long story. 
It must have been hard to recall all the details of your strange experience. 

I wish you have a peaceful life from now on. 



——————
⭐️Video of the Week:

A beautiful village, Hakuba 



Comments

Hello ~ wonderful and amazing people!

Finally, this story comes to an end!
I hope you enjoyed it!

I would like to express my gratitude to you all for being patient throughout the process of translating this very long story!😊❤️

But now… what am I gonna translate for next week? Something short, I hope😵‍💫

Anyway, I look forward to your comments ~ Thank you always for your love and support for my blog!

See you again next week ~ ✨
allucinator said…
Strangely, our office building, aside from the lack of 4th floor and 13th, also has no 14th floor.

As much as possible, I write down important details on my Google Keep.

Perhaps, D-san is the final boss.
@allucinator
That’s interesting that your office building has no 14th floor 🤔
Is that because it has “4” in it…?

Somehow I wasn’t aware of the existence of Google Keep🤣

Perhaps he is!😱⭐️

Thank you so much for your comment ~ ✨
Aeri chan~ said…
Aaaaaaaa ((((;゜Д゜)))
I knew it!!! I was eagerly waiting for the ending because I knew there would be a plot twist, thank you Saya-san for translating this story *bows 90° (๑'ᴗ')ゞ
@Arti chan ~
I like your emoji 🤣

I was worried about people’s reactions because the mystery of the story wasn’t quite solved in the end😅

But I think it’s still enjoyable in many ways!

It’s my pleasure and thank YOU for reading it and leaving a comment! 😊❤️
Lisa said…
Otsukare sama, Saya-san!!!

This has been a long story and I enjoyed every moment reading it :)
I agree with the person 234, I have suspicion T san and his wife are not from this world ahahaha

Have a nice weekend and looking forward to next story!
George V said…
Sometimes a little mystery just adds to the story. Not all things are known, in this case, it will never be known. Thanks for the story.
Anonymous said…
In part 1 T-san says this: "D san told me that you were a kind person and you would accept our request".

This makes me think that maybe D-san is somehow trying to help people from the afterlife? He knows that the priest has the power to help, and refers people in need to him.
@Lisa
Arigatou gozaimasu ~ 😊🙏🏻
I’m so glad you enjoyed it! I thought it was a really fun read too ~ !
I’m glad it’s finished. Phew! lol

I hope to publish something short and sweet next week ~ ✨
Have a lovely week ahead!
See you again soon! 💖

@George V
You’re very welcome ~ ⭐️
My blog’s motto is the more mysterious the better 🤣
Thank you so much for your comment!
@Anonymous (4 February 2024 at 04:25)
I hope D san is a good spirit like you say, and not an evil one😱
That would turn this story into a happy story ~ 🤣✨

Thank you so much for your comment!
Steeple said…
yknow my first thought was that they needed a priest and after getting so many refusals tried some social manipulation and looked up bou-san's past coworkers to act as an introduction as a "favor"; they just happened to pick someone already dead. whoops!

i really have to wonder if they were lying about what they saw... or maybe it was a haunting tailored to them and thus everyone else saw something else bc they werent the targets. a tombstone versus a cucoon... death vs life.

so my next thought is... i wonder if the old couple had done something shady and were calling in a priest to clean up their mess.
@Steeple
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this!
Those are all interesting! I never thought about a cocoon and tombstone being symbols of life and death!