Don't Sleep In This Room

This happened a few years back on a new year's day.

All night long I had been out with my friends ; when I came home in the morning I just collapsed on my bed. Then I had a dream in which I was aware I was dreaming.

In the dream I was walking home and somehow all around me, on things like telephone poles and walls, posters had been put up, with words such as “Value your life,” and “No use crying over spilt milk,” in black calligraphic writing.
The street I was walking in was totally deserted and moreover something that looked like blood was splattered all over the place.
I was thinking, god this is some creepy dream!
I kept walking and was nearly home when my mother woke me up.
She had a very serious look on her face and said, “Don’t sleep in this room.”
“Why?” I asked.
She replied, “Right now they have a hotoke-sama (the dead) lying right above your room (we lived in an apartment block). ”

I wondered if that was why I had a strange dream.
Afterwards when we were eating osechi (a new year’s dish) my father uttered, “It was a suicide apparently. He jumped from a building.” When I heard that I was really spooked. Did he regret his rash action after he jumped?

Comments

bravesky said…
morning !!I totally confused about this story .......:)
It just means the dream "I" had was a message from the person who committed suicide.
Anonymous said…
a long time ago posted but that's a really good story, almost cried because i saw my grandfather "talk" to me in a similar way.
Anonymous said…
Wait, if the person jumped from a building, then how could the dead person be in the room above her?

Uhm...
Anonymous said…
the Dead just meant the spirit of the person who died not the actual body. I hate to say I have had similar exp.
Catty said…
Kitten! =D I'm Catty. 8D
Happy Apple said…
Jump: Well, they probably retrieved the body for funeral preparations.

Besides, if someone in your family jumped off a building, would you just leave the body lying there?
fatalystic said…
That's...a pretty nice ghost. Creepy dream yes, but it seems that he regretted committing suicide and warned the author not to do what he did and to value his life.