"I, a country bumpkin, take a trip to Tokyo"

If you would like to be notified of future posts:

*Follow Me on Twitter @Saya_Underworld
*Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/saya_in_underworld

⭐My other Instagram where I upload my own drawings https://www.instagram.com/lily_piano_yuriko

❤️❤️ UPDATING EVERY SATURDAY

----------------------

(Translated and arranged by Saya)


πŸ˜†πŸŒˆThis is one of the legendary threads from 2 Chan.


1 (OP) :
Wow ~~~ amazing...




2: 
Where is it? 

3 (OP): 
I forgot to look up the name of the place 

4:
Yes it looks amazing but where is it

5:
Wow ~~

6(OP):
And it's snowing! 



7:
No wonder it feels so cold ~~

8:
Which ward? 
(Note: there are 23 wards in Tokyo. See Wikipedia )Also see the guide to the 23 City Wards of Tokyo)

9:
I think it's Taishakuten of Shibamata


10 (OP): 
>>9 
That's probably it


11 (OP): 
It's taking me so much time to post these because of the upload limit

12: 
Shibamata? The place is almost part of Chiba.

(Note: Chiba is a prefecture adjacent to Tokyo)

13 (OP) :


14 (OP) : 


There was a cat there

15:
Kawaii

16:
I love kanban neko like them

(Note: Kanban neko literally means a signboard cat. If the cat belongs to a shop, it means the cat is like a mascot of the shop.)

17 (OP): 


18 (OP):
I don't know what this one is, but I stroked its feet just in case 


(Note: in shrines and temples, they sometimes have statues that are said to bring you good luck when you stroke them.)

19:
>>18
Puzzling 

21:
>>18
Isn't this Kin-san of Toyama?

(Note: Kin-san is a legendary figure from the Edo period who was a government official but lived among the commoners and helped them. See Wikipedia)

22: 
>>21
Are you dumb? It's Tora-san...

(Note: Tora-san is the main character of a famous film series "It's tough being a man." See Wikipedia)

20:
You really are a country bumpkin LOL 

23 (OP):
I've come to a soba-ya (Note: a noodle shop).


24: 
Isn't it too early to go there? 

(Note: you would normally go to such a shop only at lunchtime or dinner time. The OP is posting this in the morning, just before 10 am.)

25 (OP):
>>24 
I got up early so it can't be helped

The so-called Shibamata Deep-Fry was good ( school child reaction)

 (Note: School child reaction (Konami-kan) was a popular internet slang at the time and describes an awkward and uninteresting way of reacting.) 

26: 
You haven't taken the picture of it!

27 (OP):
>>26 
I've forgotten to take it... 

28:
There seems to be less people in Tokyo than I expected. Have many of them gone back home? 

(Note: this thread appeared on 31st December, and many people who originally came from the countryside would have gone back to their hometowns to celebrate the New Year.) 

29:
There is nothing to see in Shibamata

30 (OP):
Here it comes


31:
>>30
Looks good

33:
>>30
WHAT!? 
You are not alone? 

35: 
>>33
Could be their boyfriend (who cares)

32:
Why don't you go to Skytree? You aren't far from there

(Note: Tokyo Skytree is the tallest structure in Japan. See Wikipedia.)

34:
Kamo banban

(Note: they probably meant a kamo nanban, a noodle dish with duck meat. See Wikipedia.)

36: 
You dare to go travelling with several people even though you are an On-J resident!? 
(Note: On-J is a Jikkyo Board (live commentary Board) in Open 2 channel.)

37:
The table is too small for two people... Don't you think?

38 (OP):


The soba was superb!

(Note: the signboard says "Soba Dokoro," literally meaning a soba place. It's a traditional way of saying a soba shop) 

39:
Since when? 

(Note: I think they meant "since when the OP has been with someone else?")

41:
He is not traveling alone? (Confused) 

42(OP):
Looks so forlorn... 



43(OP):
Now I am at a place called Yamamoto-Tei

(Links:
Yamamoto-Tei, Tokyo -- Traditional-style house with a garden.)




44:
A beautiful garden

45(OP):



47 (OP):
A mysterious looking Western-style room.


48 ( OP):



51:
>>48
Wait. what...? 

53:
>>48
He uploads a picture of his friend all of a sudden

61:
>>48
SCARY

62:
>>48
What the hell is this 

64:
>>48
Huh? What is this...? 

65:
>>48
Can someone explain what this is

66:
>>48
This is bothering me

67:
>>48
This turn of events could have been something out of Gag Manga Biyori. LOL 

(Note: the title of a manga series. See Wikipedia.)

70:
>>48
So what was it in the end?

93:
>>48
Creepy as hell.
I'm leaving this comment as a memento.
(´・Ο‰・`)

132:
>>48
I'm scared 

133:
What is it really...

153:
>>48
*screams*

49 (OP):

I posted a picture of a friend from my school by mistake 

This is what I wanted to post



50:
What...? 

52 (OP):
I'm now in Saitama 

(Note: another prefecture adjacent to Tokyo)


55 (OP):
Saw this on my way home


57:
That disturbing picture LOL 

59:
What is it -- bullying? 

60:
I wonder where the OP is now

63:
Deeply disturbing

71:
Creepy

75:
Why did he disappear so suddenly, without finishing the thread? 

76:
We must not let this incident sink into oblivion 

77: 
You guys are overthinking.
He said it was just a friend 

82:
I wonder what it really was?

98:
It's creepy how the OP has stopped responding 

101:
What is it...?

103:
Disturbing 

89:
What really happened...? *Trembles in Fear*


Comments

Hi everyone! How are you?🧑✨

I really like this 2chan thread! I hope you like it too ~ !

Please do let me know what you thought of it by leaving a comment below!
I am always happy to hear from you!

Thank you so much for following my blog πŸ˜†πŸ™πŸŒˆ❤️✨
If you get too scared by my posts, I highly recommend you to see my drawings on my other insta so that you feel better again ~ πŸ€£πŸ’–πŸŒΈ✨
Anonymous said…
Okay, that shocked me. I was curious about what would go wrong, and was expecting it in the form of some kind of description by the OP... but then that picture showed up.

Creepy and disturbing, alright.
Anonymous said…
Hi Saya. Im Azee from Singapore and this is really the very first time that i actually post a comment here despite having read all of the stories you've ever publish. Just wanna say that i cant live without your stories and as time goes by, im getting more and more impatient for new stories to appear hahaha!

This stories definitely scares the crap out of me and im gald it did cos i need the unexpected 'shock' to wake my body up XD

Have a good day to you and all the readers :) Stay safe!
Exactly! It was so sudden and random, and I was caught off guard too! πŸ˜†⭐

When I first read it, it was night time, and it nearly rendered me sleepless!

Thank you so much for your comment πŸ™πŸ§‘✨
Hello, Azee! You're from Singapore? A wonderful place! πŸ‘✨

I appreciate your enthusiasm for my blog!
I am sorry it tends to take me a long time to publish a new story! I get really lazy because it can be so hard to translate Japanese into English, Japanese being such an ambiguous sort of language...😱⭐

I'm glad it woke you up! You don't want to spend the rest of the weekend feeling lethargic! πŸ˜†✨

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to comment! Messages from the blog readers are what keep me going with this blog πŸ˜πŸ™πŸ§‘πŸ’–πŸ’“✨

Have a wonderful day yourself! Take care πŸ€✨
allucinator said…
Looks like some sort of an abuse. What did that bumpkin do to the 'friend'?
Yes, that might be what was happening. Perhaps he was abusing his friend in some sort of way 😱😱😱

It's creepy because the OP seemed to be a harmless and regular sort of person!

Thank you so much for your comment πŸ™πŸŽ΅πŸŒˆ✨
Aeri chan~ said…
.I'm shocked when that almost-naked picture appear ΰ²₯_ΰ²₯
.it's not cryptic story but my criminal mind is giving ideas that 'this' country bumpkin kill that-almost-naked man and mutilated his body and the pictures in OP trip is where he dump the bodies
I'm sorry I made you cry!πŸ˜†⭐

I hope he didn't do that!🀣✨⭐
If that's the case, the friend he was with in that noodle shop might have been his next victim! 🀣🎡✨

Thank you so much for your comment!🌈🌷✨
sardine god said…
Hello Saya!!

I had a rough day today, and reading your latest translation cheered me up so much uwu
I especially enjoyed this one because I'm a fan of Japanese travel vlogs. They're my escapism because I don't have the time to have vacation since covid started >_<

I hope you're having a lovely weekend Saya!! <3
Hello, Sardine God! πŸ˜†πŸ’–✨

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it! I always try to incorporate cultural information in those stories wherever I can, so that people will enjoy learning about Japanese culture as much as the experience of reading the stories!

I'm sorry you had a rough day! It's good it cheered you up ! LOL

Thank you so much for your comment! Have a wonderful weekend and take care! You are lovedπŸ’–❤️✨
Anonymous said…
Hi Saya,

That picture was really unexpected, however, I wouldn't think much of it.
There could be millions of explanations for that one picture.
It may be a sad picture of the OP himself.
However, the quick disappearance of OP from the thread was sus, though.
But I did enjoy the rest of the pictures.

~ nunu ~
George V said…
Well, that is a bit creepy, that he has that picture. I don't think I want to know what other pictures he has.
I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures! πŸ˜†πŸ’• Thank you so much for your comment!
I hope he doesn't have any more pictures like that!πŸ˜†✨
Thank you so much for your comment!πŸ™πŸŒΈ✨
allucinator said…
There's so much horror in reality... that you will rather want horror in fiction.
A wise man like you can face any horror in the reality with fortitude!πŸ˜†πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
Second Sun said…
Sayaaaaa! Woah I'm late! γ§γ‚‚γŠη–²γ‚Œγ•γΎγ§γ—γŸ!!

I truly did not expect that photo LOL
I thought it was going to be some ghost he came across while walking around!!

Creepy indeed.. and a "friend" eh.. πŸ˜…

Really enjoyed the week's post! 2chan threads seem to be very interesting most of the time! Thank you again!
Hello! How are you?πŸ˜†⭐
γŠγ€γ‹γ‚Œγ•γΎγ§γ™!

I wish I had a creepy friend like that to take a picture of, so I can show them to you people 🀣✨

Yes, there are some great old threads out there, but most of them are long πŸ˜…⭐hence I have not translated them...

You're welcome and thank you so much for your comment tooπŸ™πŸ’“✨
Anonymous said…
Hello saya san. 2chan has some hidden gems behind a wall of katakana. Please translate more from that japanese image board πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Thank you for your content by the way!😁😁😁
Hello!
Sure thing ~πŸ˜†πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„✨

You're very welcome, and thank you so much for your comment!πŸ™πŸ’Ž✨
Anonymous said…
Your reply definitely made my birthday even better :D And im glad to know that you feel lazy from time to time. Dont overworked yourself. Im sure me and the readers understand all the delays. Have a great one Saya :)
Happy birthday!πŸ˜†πŸŽ‰⭐
Thank you so much for being so kind! Have a wonderful weekend ~🧑