Sugata Sa~n!

If you would like to be notified of future posts, follow me on:

My Instagram:

My Twitter:

❤️Updating every Saturday (Japan Time)


(Translated and arranged by Saya)


This story was told to me by a friend.


Once, he was staying at a mountain lodge with a few other of his friends.


They were having fun playing a card game in the middle of the night, when they heard a voice calling out:


"Sugata Sa~n!" (Note: San is a genderless honorific equivalent to Mr., Mrs., Miss., etc)


They all exchanged alarmed glances. 


It was because the voice was coming from outside the front door.


There were two people whose surname was “Sugata” in their group.


"Hey, someone's calling your name... But who can it be?”


"Which Sugata do they want?"


It was in the dead of the night, and they couldn't imagine anyone climbing up the mountain at this late hour to reach the lodge. 


Also, why wouldn't the person just come inside the lodge?


Everyone remained silent, while the voice continued to call out the name, over and over.


My friend felt that they couldn’t just do nothing, so he got up and walked over to the front door to see what was going on.


Everyone else held their breath and watched him as he slowly opened the door. 



But —— 



No one was outside.



He scanned his surroundings with a flashlight but saw nothing moving. 


"What on earth was that?"


My friend closed the door, feeling relieved and a bit creeped out at the same time.


They decided to forget about it and resumed the game, but after a while, they again heard the voice:


"Sugata Sa~n!"


It sounded louder than before.


Everyone stared at the front door without a word.


This time, no one volunteered to go and check the outside.


The voice continued to repeat the same words incessantly, without changing its tone.


They had lost the count of the number of times they heard the voice, when:


" Sugata Sa~n........ Aghhh!"


Suddenly, the voice got cut off and everything became still.


No one dared to go and check the outside alone, so they opened the front door together.


The outside was the same as before.

They perceived nothing unusual in the darkness.


But a strong uneasy feeling had already settled in them, and they were unable to shake it off immediately like before. 

After some discussion, they decided to take turns keeping watch throughout the night until daybreak.


When the morning came without any incidents, they felt like they could finally breathe a little.


"What did really happen last night?"


They were talking about it while getting ready to leave, when one person in the group, who had just stepped outside ahead of the others, let out a loud cry. 


It sounded like the person was screaming in great alarm.


The others hurriedly ran outside, and found the large body of a dead monkey lying near the front door. 


The air smelled of blood.


The monkey's head was completely crushed, and it lay face down on the ground.


It looked as though it was beaten to death from behind.


Confused silence descended on them.


Last night, when they checked the outside, there was no dead body of a monkey at that place.


When was the monkey killed?


But more importantly, who killed the monkey?


There was no way to find out the answers to those questions.

Reluctantly, they dug the ground and buried the monkey's body, before going down the mountain.


The monkey was apparently buried at some distance from the mountain lodge. 


My friend noticed something strange while burying the monkey:


"The monkey's head was completely crushed, but I saw some strands of black hair among the remains. 

It was a little hard to see them because they were all mingled with the minced meat, but those strands of hair were distinctively different from the normal hair of a monkey. 

I don't know how to say it, but at that moment, I imagined something creepy --- that perhaps, it was a monkey with a human head."


My friend still climbs the mountain occasionally, but he says he makes sure he stays away from that particular lodge.




🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Saya’ Comment : This must have been Mono Grande !πŸ˜†⭐️

BTW, the font used for the story is different from the rest because I am posting it from an iPhone for the first time and I don’t still know how to manage it yet. I first wrote the story on a different app and then pasted it onto here, but it has somehow retained the original font😭

Anyway, I hope you like this story! Thank you so much for reading it!πŸ’•

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

❤️Short Story of the Week:

Son: “Mummy, why does Daddy look so pale?”

Mother: “Shut up and keep digging.”







Comments

Saya in Underworld said…
Hello, lovely people!
I hope you have had a good week!

I’m glad I have managed to translate another story and post it again this week 😭
I should ask the help of an AI for this in the future πŸ˜‚

Oh! And I wanted to post something related to April Fool but failed 😭
Never mind! lol

Thank you so much for coming here and leaving comments! Your contributions are always appreciated!

See you again next week and take care!πŸ˜ŠπŸ’“
Aeri chan~ said…
Why would you check it, just stay in your place bruh 😭it's number one rule in horror story/movies, never leave your safe place πŸ₯²
Saya In Underworld said…
Yes, sure, but luckily nothing happened in this particular story when they checked the outside! πŸ˜‚

Thank you so much for your comment! ❤️
Anonymous said…
Unusual and incredibly spooky! I wonder if it’s an evil spirit that needed to retrieve Suganoto before daybreak or something?
Saya In Underworld said…
It is a very strange story and I don’t know what to make of itπŸ˜†

Maybe it was an evil spirit of some sort, as you say, and it possessed the monkey πŸ˜†⭐️

Thank you so much for your comment! I’m glad you found it spooky!πŸ’•
Anonymous said…
Thank you for the story, Saya!

This reminds me of something that happened to me long time ago, while I was still in middle school. It was late at night but I heard some knocks on the door of my room. Curious, I opened, but found no one but a single small rock, which afterwards somehow or another moved towards me. It was triangular-shaped and white in color. I got confused as heck, so I decided to keep that rock for the time being.

Later on, I tried to ask the others, thinking it might've been a prank, but apparently no one did it. Besides, it wouldn't explain why the rock moved towards me on its own. After that, my life started going downhill for some reason. I honestly don't really believe in occult, so I never associated that rock with the bad things that kept happening, but it's true that my life started to get worse from around that point on.

That rock was still in my room after I finished my university entrace exam and got accepted into a university far away. That rock's now no more as my parents had thrown it out after I moved out, but all the things that happened definitely made my life a mess.

I hope that's not too long. Once again, thank you, Saya!
Anonymous said…
Yeah, everyone knows when they are in a horror film/story πŸ™„. I find annoying when they call characters in horror storids/films stupid. But it makes sense because the more terrified you are, te better you think (sarcasm LOL) πŸ€ͺ
Anonymous said…
Interesting story. I find scarier that someone, or something, killed the monkey rather than the mlnkey itself. Maybe that saved the characters, but is kinda creepy if you think about that
Anonymous said…
I am genuinely terrified by this kind of horror theme, because it's not out of logic and reality and it can happen to anyone at any moment (maybe not from the human monkey hybrid), especially due to today almost privacy -less world. Imagine a stalker who may or may not intent to harm you or perhaps just your friend playing prank, it's still terrifying either way.
also I have a friend who used to live in the woods, always hunting rifle at ready for possible wild animals encounter, one night he heard big animal noises and smelled awful game animal stench that lingered for hours to the point he had to radio the police for help because he was too scared to check by himself. Police came, confirmed there was awful stench and blood outside his home and said to him he better be going with them to the station for now just to be safe.. bear maybe? or supernatural things? or too much beers? by no means I'm describing him as a coward, but there will always be something that makes you afraid even if you know you have means of defense such as rifle. After all it's in our genetics to be aware of such situation so we can hopefully survive.
Thanks Saya πŸ˜€ looking forward for your next stories, scary and awesome as always!
Anonymous said…
...Bad things happened to me while I was writing that and even after I finished it. I don't think it's some kind of cursed story, as I remember speaking about it to my friends, but it's possible I simply have forgotten about it, as that happened so long time ago. I hope you all safe and have good health.
Mercury 5 said…
Hi Saya!
No matter what font you use, I'd still be glad to read your blog. Just don't use wingdings, LOL. πŸ˜†
George V said…
Nice scary story. This would be a great campfire tale. Also neat little short story,
Saya In Underworld said…
@Anonymous 1 April at 21:58

Exactly! I wonder what crazy entity killed the monkey!😱

I’m glad you found the story interesting! Thank you so much for your comment!
Saya In Underworld said…
Oh no! 😱
Thank you for sharing your story but that sounds like a dangerous rock!😱
I would like to think that those bad things would have happened anyway, but the rock is protecting you against worse things happening to you 😱
But if you think that isn’t the case, you should get some holy items to counter the effects of the rock!

Stay safe! I pray that your life will get better and better from now on!
Saya In Underworld said…
It must be scary to live in the woods alone!😱 Your friend is actually a brave man! I wonder if a bear can even be killed by a rifle!😱

There are so many scary stories related to mountains! I should post those more to scare you more.!🀣⭐️

You’re welcome and thank you so much for your comment! Every week, I think to myself, “I should quit the blog because it’s too much work,” then I get a lovely comment like yours🀣

Take care ~🌸
Saya In Underworld said…
Hello, Mercury 5!
Thank you for introducing me to such a unique font! I will use Wingdings the next time I don’t know how to translate some words into English 🀣🀣🀣✨
Anonymous said…
I’m glad you liked both the main story and the short story too! 🀣⭐️ The short story is a good example of how you don’t need a lot of words to tell a story!

Thank you so much for your comment!😊⭐️
Anonymous said…
It's okay Saya, take a break when you are tired, only post stories when you feel like it. It's always better to take care of yourself first and you don't owe anything to anyone, instead I think I owe a lot to you for actually giving me great stories to read and tell while also introducing me to various cultures and customs.
I'm very grateful for all of your stories 😁 , you have been telling us great and unique stories for so many years of which without you we probably would have never know about it at all.
I will be waiting for your stories as always, but please take it easy πŸ˜‰ and slow, you dont have to burden yourself. I hope you are always in good health and wealth and I hope you can always find help quickly and easily whenever you need it - you know, the Storyteller's Blessings and Blessed be the Storyteller πŸ˜†
Saya In Underworld said…
You’re so kind! I’m so glad you enjoy the cultural information I include in the posts too😊⭐️

I really appreciate your message! I will do my best to take care of myself! Thank you so much and take care of yourself too❤️πŸ™πŸ»
allucinator said…
Unsettling. Perhaps the monkey was the one who was crying for help.
Saya In Underwold said…
Poor monkey😭
But if I were there, and knew that the monkey was crying for my help, I would still stay inside 😱🀣✨

Thank you so much for your comment!😊⭐️
Anonymous said…
exactly!! I found the short story very compelling.
Anonymous said…
That is a creepy story! Something out there in the unknown is far scarier than what is familiar. Kinda like how us fans get addicted to your stories Saya, each one is always unique!

And that short story is perfect for April fools haha
Its dark comedy 🀣
Saya In Underworld said…
I love stories that have no clear cut explanations! I find them creepier than the ones with obvious explanations! πŸ˜†✨ I am so glad you like the story too!

Yeah, that short story is funny! I’m gonna translate more short stories like this one in the future!🀣⭐️

Thank you so much for your comment!❤️