The Balcony

*reminder: "I" in this story is not me, Saya!

This is my friend's experience.

When he first entered university and started living on his own he began to experience sleep paralysis frequently. At the same time he began to get many wrong phone calls. For example he received a lot of messages from a strange old woman on his answering machine, and once he even got a message from one stranger saying, 'your father is dead,' and that nearly gave him a heart attack (his father of course was alive).

One day he was dozing on his bed when he saw someone running on his balcony. Without thinking he shouted, 'Hey!You!'
And it seemed this annoyed the person on the balcony and he came into my friend's bedroom.

At first my friend thought the man was alone and he thought he would just kick him out, but the man wasn't the only one on the balcony. There were other people and they kept coming in until there were around five or six people who stood surrounding his bed.

And my friend became paralysed, seemingly from fear. He couldn't do anything with his paralysed body and he just kept saying to them in his mind, 'I'm sorry, I'm sorry,' over and over.
That seemed to have worked and the people left his room.

After they were gone my friend fearfully went out on the balcony to take a look around. His house is on the fifth floor and his balcony and his neighbours' balconies on both sides were separated by walls. The walls were special ones that were breakable in case of emergency, but they weren't broken and no one could possibly have passed through the balcony.
My friend thought it all had been a dream.

And then days had passed since he had that experience and he no longer remembered about the dream. One night he was drinking with his friend in his room and they were talking and enjoying themselves when his friend suddenly shouted, 'hey, you there!' and tried to go out on the balcony.
He asked the friend, 'what's wrong?' The friend told him that just now he saw some men running on the balcony.

It was then that my friend remembered that he had had exactly the same experience before and that he had never told anyone about it.

Comments

FYI, I Am A Spy said…
I'm afraid I don't get it... :(
roanne said…
i don't believe i understand it either :c
Bryan said…
it seems that maybe the balcony is haunted? and first he experienced it and then the other person experienced it. Although it doesnt seem to be 'haunted' in the traditional sense, it seems to be psychological...
The balcony was totally inaccessible except through the room. So no human beings could have been on the balcony.

Thanks for your comments!
美B said…
I would have left my place. ;[ It's one thing to have ghosts/apparitions/whatever but to have ones that stare at you and make you immobile..that's scary!
neu said…
I would've moved out right away! D: It'd worry be horribly if I ever thought I lived in a haunted place. Having something paranormal happen outside the home is ok, but it's like your house should at least be safe, if anywhere!
Catty said…
0.0 I'm a bit creeped out nao.
Tahmnong said…
Balconies have always scared me. I always think I see silhouettes on my stepmom's and friend's balconies. I'm glad I don't have one now, after reading this :3
Unknown said…
i've always wanted a house with a balcony. this wouldn't put me off!
H.B. said…
This is so creepy! I experience sleep paralysis sometimes, and it scares me every single time. the thought of a bunch of people surrounding me while it happens is so frightening!

The first time it happened to me was when I was in high school, and I was napping on the couch. I was having a dream that I was in my bathroom, and the lights were off. I saw a shadowy form in the shower, and I got really scared. I woke up, but I couldn't move! I couldn't even talk. I was laying with my face towards the back of the couch, so even though my parents were in the room, I couldn't signal to them or anything. The worst part was that I was still somewhat in my dream with the shadow. After a bit, I was able to move again (and get out of the bathroom).
Sienna said…
How does the 'you father is dead' thing connect with the ending?
Ernest said…
I just got to know this site through my sister who asked me to read up on the one man hide and seek. and i've been reading for hours since. i love this site!


and for this story, my guess? dimensional rift. a lil' sci fi stuff but bear with me. perhaps the line between parallel universes was weak at that particular point (the apartment) and hence phone calls meant for the tenant on the other universe ended up here. and when the author saw those men there was a tear in the dimensional fabric and when he shouted 'hey, you!', the other side heard him and the few people over there saw our author lying on the bed and went closer to see who was it, hence the 'staring'. As for our paralysed author, it was probably due to shock?

just my 2 cents (:
Anonymous said…
Kacchan:3

maybe it wasn't a ghost...maybe it was a supernatural being? i don't mean to sound 'si-fi-y' but is it that far fetched? how can we be the only species of human-oids? every animal has sub-species, why not us? what if we were the sub-species?