Notsuke Peninsula, Hokkaido


Notsuke Peninsula in Hokkaido is Japan's longest sandspit, extending for 26 km (about 16 miles) in length. Withered pine trees stand all around on the wetland, giving the landscape a bleak and otherworldly appearance.

Todowara, Notsuke Peninsula, aka "The End of the World"
But it is rumoured that on a foggy day, this place truly becomes a gateway of anotherwold.
On such a day, people are warned not to walk towards the direction from which the sound of bells comes, or not to follow after a little girl wearing red dress.


The location of Notsuke Peninsula


 Notsuke Peninsula

The mirror like sea at Notsuke Peninsula

 Todowara Promnade



More Pictures and Travel Guides of Notsuke Peninsula

Notsuke Peninsula—home to a one-of-a-kind ecosystem (JNTO)

[Notsuke Peninsula in Bekkai] Sceneries of End of World Such as Todowara or Narawara Can Be Enjoyed (Good! Hokkaido)

The End of the World? Find it on Notsuke Peninsula’s Todowara in Eastern Hokkaido(Trip 101)

A mysterious world! The wildflower fields and wild animals of “Notsuke Peninsula” and a sand peninsula that is in constant flux (Tadaima Japan)

Comments

I keep updating posts about Hokkaido but it's just a coincidence :D
Unknown said…
Woah you are back?! It's nice to see you again! Man why not comming here early... I really miss your "things" Saya... keep it work!
CreanJinSung said…
Time to save money to renew my visa and then plan a trip to Hokkaido. Hopefully it's foggy.
George V said…
Very cool place. Would be a neat place to visit.
Thank you dear :D I appreciate your kind words! Take care!
Hokkaido is a beautiful place. You will enjoy it. Just don't go there during winter. It would be too cold!
I would love to visit there too! :D
CreanJinSung said…
I've been to Tokyo and Osaka before. I had no complaints apart from the language barrier.
Gabriel said…
I really love your posts about interesting/beautiful places like this. It looks just amazing there, it just feels like one of those locations you have to visit at least once in your life, and I didn't even know it existed!
Also, I love that mysterious legend about the sound of bells/the woman in red. I think I'd freak out if I was there in a foggy day and heard bells from a ship or something xD

Thanks a lot for this post as usual! Take care c:
allucinator said…
Who the hell would follow a little girl in a middle of a mysterious forest? I don't want to be labelled a "creep".
It is indeed a strange and interesting place, and I also want to visit there! :D

I'm happy you like the legend too! Take care and thank you always for your comment too! Much love!
LOL That's true! XD I'm glad you are a normal person!
OH! I have never been to Osaka and would like to visit there. LOL