Kuroda

If you would like to be notified of future posts:

*Follow Me on Twitter @Saya_Underworld
*Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/saya_in_underworld
(Translated and arranged by Saya) 



I still can't make sense of what it really was, but what I am about to tell you is a strange story that involves my childhood friend. 
My friend is a girl (I am male) and let's say her name is Eiko.

It happened 5 years ago. Eiko was 23 years old at the time.
She is quite pretty but a bit weird and uncommunicative, so she didn't have a boyfriend. She would often ask me if I knew any good-looking men whom I could introduce to her.

One day, when I came home from work, I ran into her in front of my house (We are nextdoor neighbours). 
When that happens, we usually stop for a chitchat. 

"Today, I thought I'd better organize my bag, so I dumped all my things inside it onto a table," said Eiko. " There were a lot of things like cumpled up tissue papers, a 100 yen coin, and some chewing gum, but among them I found a small piece of folded paper. I wondered what it was and opened it. Guess what I saw. Look."

She handed over to me a piece of paper.
It looked like a pre-order form for a DVD (the kinds you see in video rental shops), and on the back of it, there was a message. It was messily written with probably a cheap pen:

"I saw you in B____ . I liked you straightaway. 
But I didn't have the courage to go up and talk to you, so I am writing this message instead.

I am 20 years old, and a student at C____ University. People often tell me I look like the singer Hyde from L'Arc en Ciel. *1 I hope we can meet in person. Please call me or send me an email. 090-****-****, Email address ***@***." 

"Wow, creepy!"
I exclaimed unintentionally. 

B___ was the name of a video rental shop; there was one in our neighbourhood and there was another one near C___ University, too. 
Somehow, this self-proclaimed Hyde-kun managed to get closer to Eiko without her knowing, and put this piece of paper into her tote bag which hang from her shoulder.

Hyde the singer

Eiko told me she thought it was interesting and she decided to contact him. 
At the time, Eiko was desperate for a relationship, and she was also quite dumb. Even this creepy gesture seemed to be so romantic to her.
I didn't have any reasons to stop her, so I said, "Let me know how it went later," and left it at that. 

From that day onwards, Eiko would often text me about Hyde-kun.
I got these kinds of texts within the span of a week :
"I emailed him! Hyde-kun is so shy. He is so cute!"
"We decided to start off as friends. LOL."
"I called him for the first time! His voice is so deep and sexy!"
"He was really flirty today. I might see him soon. LOL."

Before long, I ran into Eiko again in front of my house again. 
"Look. This is Hyde-kun!" Eiko showed me a selfie the guy had sent her. 
But it was a picture of me.

"What...? That's me," I thought, but Eiko kept referring to it as Hyde-kun.
She was bubbling over with excitement, saying things like, "it's true he looks a bit like Hyde." 
Confused, I looked at her phone again, but it was definitely my face, no matter from which angle I looked at it. 
But as far as I knew, I had never sent any selfies to her. Moreover, I don't even look remotely like Hyde. 
 
I was so confused and even getting creeped out. So tentatively, I said to Eiko:
"Um... Actually, I think this is a picture of me."
Eiko stared at me, wide-eyed. "What are you saying? It can't be you. It doesn't even look like you." 
She snatched her phone away from my hand, and looked at the picture again. But the next moment, she threw it away with great force, shrieking like a mad woman.  

"What's wrong?"
Her movement was so violent that it sent me into a slight panic too.

Eiko replied, trembling, "The f-f-f-face...The face..."
 I picked up the phone from the ground and looked at it; the face had changed.

It wasn't my face anymore but it had become a kind of repulsively contorted face as if it was feeling really disgusted. 

"Delete it! Delete the picture now!" 
Eiko screamed. 
I was scared but decided to delete it. 

We both broke out in a cold sweat and kept saying to each other,
"What was it?"  "Was it some practical joke?" 
But of course no amount of speculation could get us closer to the truth. 
Although we felt quite uneasy, there was nothing further we could do, so we just said bye and went back to our respective homes. 

After that, Eiko got a call from Hyde-kun again but only for once. It happened around midnight. 
She was too scared to pick it up so she ignored it, but the phone kept on ringing for what seemed like eternity.
In the end, she couldn't stand it anymore and switched the phone off.
The next morning, when she switched it on again, she received a text that said "sEe you agaiN 2:30". 
Hyde-kun never contacted her again.

But this is not the end of the story. 
A year later, one day Eiko suddenly barged into my house, stark raving mad. 
She told me that she found a folded paper again in her bag. I felt a shiver run through me too. 

The message was almost the same as the previous one: "I saw you at ____ and I liked you straightaway so I decided to write this message...etc. etc." 
But this time the place he saw her wasn't in the video rental shop, but it was at an underground train station.  
The paper looked like it was a page torn from a personal organizer. 
The person who wrote it claimed that he was from ___ University, 20 years old and looked like Hyde. It was definitely him again.
As might be expected, Eiko didn't contact him, and luckily nothing bad happened that time. 

I wonder about this incident sometimes, even now.
Why was it a picture of my face?
Why did Eiko look at my face and thought it was "Hyde-kun"? 
I really don't know. I don't have a clue. 
I even wondered if Eiko pulled a prank on me, but she isn't the type of person to do that.

By the way, this Hyde-kun said his name was "Kuroda." *2
If you ever find an unfamiliar folded paper in your bag, and it was from "Kuroda," please be careful. 
Don't contact him just because you are curious; you might regret your decision later. 



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes:

*1 Hyde --- a Japanese muscisian known for his androgynous beauty. (Wikipedia)
*2 Kuroda --- written as クロダ in the original text. Here it consists of only Katakana but if it were to be written in Chinese characters it would probably be ι»’η”°, meaning black field. (Japanese surnames always consist of Chinese characters.)

Comments

Saya_In_Underworld said…
I like this story a lot.πŸ˜†πŸŒΈ✨

I look forward to seeing your comments below!

Thank you for your contribution to the blog! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–✨
Bernardo said…
Now i'm super curious to know what the face looked like!
That first pic is super creepy too
♥ ♥ ♥ said…
The "see you again" really creeped out.

What if it really was Hyde this whole time LOL
Saya_In_Underworld said…
I try to post a creepy picture that goes with every story🀣✨ I am glad you like it!πŸ’˜✨ Thank you for your comment!
Saya_In_Underworld said…
That would have been SO funny! 🀣⭐✨✨ Thank you for your comment!
Anonymous said…
Awesome story, Saya! I've been following your blog since 2015 and it always makes me super delighted to see you post something new :D Thanks for posting such interesting and creepy stories. Hope you have a good weekend!
Mentro said…
Creepy!
Saya_In_Underworld said…
Awww thank you for your kind words! That's a long time you have been followiny blog! I am always so delighted to hear from my readers!

Thank you so much and have a great weekend too😊🌈🎡✨
Saya_In_Underworld said…
I am so glad it creeped you out! πŸ˜†✨Thank you for commenting!πŸ‘πŸŒˆ✨
Amuletyu said…
Eiko why did you do that girlll!! That's so sketchy lol. I'd get creeped out too if I was her, and I hope it doesn't happen every year to her.
Saya_In_Underworld said…
I would do it too if I got a message from a cute boy😱⭐ LOL I am only joking 🀣🎡✨

Some people's idea of being romantic is close to being a stalker! 🀣✨
Anonymous said…
Eiko is weak, id date a ghost
Saya_In_Underworld said…
You what!? 🀣✨✨✨⭐
allucinator said…
Months ago before the pandemic, I sometimes go and eat a ramen alone in a Japanese restaurant named Ramen Kuroda located in a mall near a condo unit I live in.

Kuroda seems to be a doppelganger, perhaps. If not a doppelganger, he's somewhat a troll or stalker who manages to stalk the narrator and hack Eiko's device.

Perhaps,the narrator looks like Hyde a bit. Some camera angle and quality can give or approximate such result, given the right looks.
Saya_In_Underworld said…
Oh no be careful πŸ˜†✨ I hope people there are good kind of Kuroda!

I know some people are so good at make up that they can make themselves look so similar to celebrities! πŸ˜†⭐
Vedanth Kamath said…
This might be some prank of her classmates at university and might be hacker too!
What do you say Saya-san?
Jack said…
So much going on in this story! First, if anyone says they look like a hot celebrity, I'd always doubt that! lol But the mention of Hyde takes me back to college where so many people were obsessed with anime and Japanese music. I still listen to Buck Tick and Dir En Grey!

Also, if I got that weird photo I would have texted back. I would want to meet a ghost lol

Does "Black field" have any significance? It's a really cool sounding last name!
George V said…
Creepy. So glad nothing else happened to Eiko after the second time.
CreanJinSung said…
Damn! Kuroda must have been really ugly if Eiko and the narrator reacted like that to a selfie.

What a sad boy Kuroda must have been when Eiko suddenly stopped responding to him after sending a selfie. Not even answering his calls.

Just a different perspective to the story. Instead of thinking of it in a creepy sense. I wonder how Kuroda is.
Saya_In_Underworld said…
She is probably working and not a student anymore.πŸ˜†✨ But you may be right!
Saya_In_Underworld said…
Sakurai from Buck Tick is such a beautiful,sexy man.πŸ˜†πŸ’•✨

You are such a brave person! 🀣⭐ I would just go to a shrine to get myself purified. LOL ✨

It's a cool name and you do get people with that surname sometimes.I read that it comes from a village called Kuroda, and people who lived there took their surname from it. Kuro itself means "ancient, " or "the black colour of the soil."
Saya_In_Underworld said…
I found it intriguing as well as creepy! πŸ˜†✨
Saya_In_Underworld said…
The selfie changed by itself and that's the reason why they got so scared.πŸ˜†✨
hello Saya, i'm happy to see you and tbh always checking your blog for several years now, lol
tbh, if someone says they look like Hyde, i will run away asap. it's quite red-flag. no no, Hyde is good, but no sane man will say they look like some famous person........maybe........ ___(:3
Saya_In_Underworld said…
But there are some people who definitely look like some celebrities πŸ˜†✨ But it's weird that some of them feel proud of it. I would want to look unique, not similar to someone else.πŸ˜†⭐ Thank you for following my blogπŸ‘πŸ’–✨
CreanJinSung said…
Yeah. I know. I just like looking at thing from a different perspective. Instead of narrator, I'm Kuroda.

If I were in Eiko's perspective it would probably be like this:
Hyde-kun is pretty nice and cute but I actually like Narrator-kun. Let me think of a way to ignore him with reason in Narrator-kun's eyes so he knows I'm available.

Sad. I think my plan failed and Narrator-kun was just creeped out with my plan. Oh well :)

I like exercising my imagination like this.
Saya_In_Underworld said…
I appreciate your comment as well as others!😊✨
Diogo Valverde said…
That feeling when a ghost gets a crush on you.
Saya_In_Underworld said…
I am guessing that you would be overjoyed! 🀣⭐⭐⭐✨
Ki said…
Well, that was definitely creepy! I love stories such as this that are walking the line between mundane and scarily inexplicable. Thank you for sharing it!
Saya_In_Underworld said…
Thank you so much for commenting!
I too like this kind of stories πŸ˜†πŸŒˆ✨
Anonymous said…
I was so scared Eiko might go on a bad end. Who knows what would've happen if she didn't have a friend to brag about her new suitor to and she kept on believing the photo and kept on meeting him.
Saya_In_Underworld said…
She would have been taken away to the netherworld!πŸ˜†✨
Anonymous said…
Saya, how dare you pick a scary picture of Hyde?? You know it doesn't do justice to his sexiness :'(

Anyway, thank you for making me have goosebumps just before bed time. It's so creepy. I hope I won't have any nightmare lol.
Saya_In_Underworld said…
I didn't want to make you too excited by his sexy pictures πŸ˜†✨

I hope you are having fun dreamsπŸ˜†⭐🎡
Anonymous said…
I don't get creeped out easy but I swear, any story on your blog creeps me out. And when I read multiple at a time I think the creepiness just builds up story after story to the point where I'm four stories in and get super spooked!
Anonymous said…
This is really creepy. If I am Eiko, I don't think I can ever rest easy.
Never know when the first Kuroda will ever contact her again. She better change her number.
And with the second Kuroda? Is she somehow a magnet to these "Kurodas"?
It's even more scarier to think that it could be the same one and only.

So, I was thinking why the writer saw his image in Kuroda's selfie picture.
Is it simply because the photo is showing the picture of whoever's looking at it (with the exception of Eiko)?
Or maybe it has something to do with the writer. Since the writer is quite close to Eiko, maybe he is Kuroda? That's why he saw his own face. And the image got distorted because it was showing the writer's true self.
Yeah. I'm reaching with the second theory. Haha.

Very nice one, Saya-san. :D. And I don't know Hyde, but that picture is HOT.

- nunu -
Oh noπŸ˜†✨
I hope you don't become sleepless! Read those funny stories on my blog!
Hyde is definitely hot and I used to listen to his songs a lot.

You can watch him singing on YouTube like this one πŸ˜†πŸŽ΅✨

https://youtu.be/NMx6KGjGe2A

I think this Kuroda is so smart to use Hyde as a bait. LoL ✨