I Love Carrots!

If you would like to be notified of future posts:

*Follow Me on Twitter @Saya_Underworld
*Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/saya_in_underworld


❤️❤️ UPDATING EVERY SATURDAY

If you love carrots, Do NOT read this story! lol 
(Translated and arranged by Saya)


Takashi was an elementary school boy who hated carrots. 

Tonight, too, he got scolded by his mother for not finishing the carrot on his plate. 
"You won't grow tall if you are such a fussy eater!" 
"Hey, you shouldn't force a kid to eat something he doesn't like..." his father interrupted her. 
"You aren't the one who gets snide remarks from his teacher in PTA meetings! ... Look at you, pretending to read the newspapers when I say something you don't want to hear!"
His father couldn't say anything more. 

Dinner had become such an uncomfortable time for Takashi. 
He slumped over the table with tears in his eyes. 
"I hate carrots!!" 

That night, Takashi prayed to Kami-sama (a god):
"Please make me like carrots. Please...!"

The following evening, Takashi walked into the dining room only to see carrots and nothing else on every plate on the table. 
As he stared, stunned, his mother said:
"What's the matter? Sit down. Tonight I have cooked for you your favourite meal, hamburg steaks."
Hamburg steaks? These ones? But to him, they all looked like just uncooked carrots with leaves, although their shapes and sizes differed from one another. 

"You have a tummy ache or something? 
... No? Why, you are a strange boy!" 
Takashi slumped down on the table, without saying a word, and shook his head.

"Mmmm, today's hamburg steak tastes really good!" 
His father's words made the boy look up. 
Hamburg steaks? These carrots??? 

"Mum, are these really hamburg steaks?" 
"Of course they are. Hurry and eat them up!
His mother answered as-a-matter-of-factly, munching on a carrot.

Takashi prodded at a carrot with a fork --- it still felt like a carrot. 
Whatever! He finally plucked up the courage and bit into the carrot. 

"Wow, it tastes like a hamburg steak!" 

He tried another carrot.  
"This is bread!" 

So strange! They were all carrots but tasted like different kinds of food! 
But I sure like them. If all carrots tasted delicious like them, I would always be happy to eat them! 
Kami-sama answered my prayers! 
But... because they all look alike, it's impossible to tell which one tastes what, unless I have a bite first...

The next day, Takashi came home from school to find a carrot on the table. 
"This is a chocolate cake!" 
Strange and wonderful! All food looked like carrots but they all tasted different. 
It's so fun, like a guessing game. Now I have a big secret of my own!

"I wonder what it is today." 
On another day at dinner time, he had one bite of a particular carrot. 
??? 
I don't know what this is. But it tastes a bit sweet, and tasty. 
"Oh Takashi, you are eating a carrot? Well done!" 
Oh, so this one is a REAL carrot? 
Finally, I can eat carrots without problems? 
Thank you, Kami-sama! 
Takashi was overjoyed. 

Some days later. 
Takashi was watching a food programme on TV. 
"Isn't this a centipede?"
"Look, there is a scorpion too!" 
Noisy female celebrities were exclaiming to each other.
"No, no, this is a proper dish," the presenter chided them.  
Other guests were commenting:
"It doesn't taste so bad. It seems like nothing is inedible in this world."
"Yes, of course. We should be more open-minded."
For Takashi, both centipedes and scorpions were just carrots. 

Takashi was walking back from school. 
He spotted a woman walking a carrot
On the block wall, two carrots were meowing and fighting with each other. 
Carrots were chirping on the trees. 
That night, as he lay in bed, he mused to himself:
I wonder what all those carrots taste like. Maybe they are tastier than hamburg steaks.


"......shi! Takashi! It's time for breakfast!" 

Takashi woke up to a voice calling him. 
"Hmm? Breakfast?" 
There was a large carrot in front of him. 
He eagerly bit into it. 
"Wow! So tasty!"
It was the first time he ate it. He had never known that something so tasty existed!

"Phew, I am so full now. Ohayo (good morning), Dad, Mum!"
Takashi walked down the stairs and opened the door to the dining room. He was still feeling dazed as he had just woken up. 

A large carrot was reading a newspaper at the table. 

"Ohayo, Takashi."
The image of the carrot slowly faded away and was replaced by his father reading a newspaper. 
"Are you alright? Where is your Mum?"



Meanwhile, the ravaged body of Takashi's mother, torn and bitten with her eyeballs and innards pulled out, lay silently in Takahashi's bedroom. 


----------------
Note:

This story is a retelling of an old short manga for girls by Yoko Matsumoto.

It may be possible that the last carrot was revealed to be the father only to the reader, and Takashi may still be seeing just a large carrot. In that case, you know what will happen to the father too!🀣✨

-----------------
(EDIT: For those interested in the original manga:
This is the last part of it!)

A woman walking a carrot.


Takashi gets up & eats a delicious carrot.


A carrot is reading a newspaper?


Ooops lol


------------

🧑Some other horror stories about food  : 

The Meals ( everyone's favourite lol)




Btw the frequency of hamburg steaks marking an appearance in these horror stories is surprising! LOL



Comments

The moral of the story is... Don't complain if your kids aren't finishing vegetables on their plate 🀣✨

Thank you for all your comments, lovely people #
Charm said…
Oh mygosh. I knew it would end to that. Hahaha
I am sure you got an inkling of it happening when he mentioned his desire to eat cats and birds🀣✨

At least your favourite food isn't carrots 🀣πŸ₯•✨

Thank you so much for your comment!πŸ™πŸ’˜
Second Sun said…
Thank you for the translation Saya!

LOL omg πŸ˜‚
It gets worse the more you re-read it haha
Brb I'm gonna eat some carrots
Anonymous said…
Hello, Ms Saya!

Surprisingly Takashi did not freak out at all when every living things he sees are carrots.
Or is it because of the wish, anything carrot is automatically consumable no matter the circumstances.

My God, Ms Saya. How could you bring that story up again.
I can't help but read it again. And got horrified all over again.
I don't think I can look at porridge anytime today.

Great reading as always Ms Saya. Thank you and have a happy weekend :D

~ nunu ~
Haha🀣✨ I hope you are eating real carrots not something else! LOL ✨⭐
I think you told me before that you like the other story, so I am glad to give you the opportunity to read it again 🀣🎡✨

It seems like the God made him like carrots a little too much πŸ˜†πŸŒ·⭐✨

That reminds me! I will have to put a link to another story which is loosely related to this!

Thank you so much for your comment. πŸ™❤️✨

Have a lovely weekend yourself!πŸ’–✨
Anonymous said…
The ending was scary. I didnt understand at first but when i did......y'know.......SUPRISE SUPRISE. That god made him like everything as carrots, well, As I always do, if this was related in real life as carrocitius or some disease else. I'D DIE OF CARROTS. Even if I be murdered i'll see carrots stabbing me with a knife LOL.

-That one anonymous
Areatrance said…
That was hilarious! 🀣
I guess another moral of the story is that you should be careful about what you wish for!🀣πŸ₯•✨

Thank you so much for your comment!🎡✨
I like your sense of humour. It definitely matches with mine🀣🀣🀣🌈⭐
Yovita said…
Oh ! I have the manga. It was published long ago in my country, in the format of short horror stories collection (all by Yoko Matsumoto). I read it when in elementary school.

The last part is not pictured in the manga, I always imagine the mum is eaten clean and whole like a carrot lol.
To think about it now. It is so scary amd messy situation..
Actually, in the Japanese version of the manga, the last part IS pictured.
It was probably censored in your country 🀣✨

Thank you so much for your comment πŸ₯•πŸŒ·✨
Yovita said…
Omg I have no idea about that last page ! Dang that's childhood ruined for me, so messy & gory XD
Never knew it existed until I saw your update.

That means maybe the publisher in my country (Indonesia) just decided to take out that one page.
Thanks for the update, Saya~
Yoko Mastumoto drew that manga for children. It makes you wonder what she was thinking 🀣✨✨⭐

I am glad it was able to ruin your childhood 🀣🀣🀣🌈🎡✨

You are very welcome!πŸ˜ŠπŸ’“✨
Anonymous said…
I figured out early on that he will probably eat something that he isn't supposed to it.lol But it's kinda strange how things started looking like carrots to him even though they aren't food. Maybe because he liked them?

For a manga that has such a cute illustrations the ending is a nice shocking twist.

Thank you so much for the update, Saya-san.😊 Have a lovely week. πŸ’•
Anonymous said…
Ms Saya, I remember the other 2 stories.

Both narrators in the stories were cannibals.
The punishment in the second story was extremely cruel.
I mean the narrator has to eat himself to death.
And hurting one's self to eat their own meat is simply painful torture.
That would be a very very very slow death.

~ nunu ~
The narrator must have done a very bad thing to deserve such a punishment!🀣✨

In my opinion, when you do a bad thing, that is a punishment itself, because you are doing something against your nature (our nature is love and kindness).

But obviously, the person who is punishing him wouldn't agree with me 🀣🎡✨
Manga seems to show us what happens when innocent curiosity goes unstrained. πŸ˜†✨

I know! It's bizarre because this manga was written for elementary school girls. You wouldn't expect such a cruel ending. No wonder it gave trauma to so many people.πŸ˜†πŸ₯•✨

You are so welcome! Thank you for leaving a comment! Have a wonderful week tooπŸ˜ŠπŸ’˜✨
George V said…
Obviously a dark kami answered his prayer. But then again Renfield started eating weird things after meeting with Dracula. So maybe it was a vampire.
Good old RenfieldπŸ˜†✨

If you love vampires, I wonder if you have read the manga Hellsing! I used to like it a lot!

Thank you so much for your comment!🌈⭐
Anonymous said…
Wow, pretty gruesome implications. The scariest part for me is Takashi, with his child mind, doesn't recognize the carrots that are actual living beings. Makes me wonder if the continuation would be him going to school and eating other kids! 😰😰😰
Thank you for the translation as always, Saya!!
Children's innocence always seems to go hand in hand with their unrestrained cruelty in those horror stories!πŸ˜†⭐

Indeed, Takashi might end up doing exactly that, since children's meat must be tastier than adults' ?🀣✨

Thank you so much for your comment!πŸ’˜✨
allucinator said…
This is a harsh "be careful what you wish for" lesson.
Very true!πŸ˜†✨ Luckily I like carrots so this won't ever happen to me!πŸ˜†⭐🌈 I hope you like carrots too!🀣πŸ₯•✨ Thank you so much for your comment!
Sunny said…
More manga content like this saya san sama san sama hai! Thank you as always
Okey doke, my dear fellow πŸ˜†πŸ§‘✨ You sound so excited though🀣✨✨⭐
Steeple said…
ohhh i remember this comic! it's a great one. i think it works even without the last, gory shot. i always thought it was interesting how gradually more and more things looked like carrots. first food, and then living beings. i guess bc they're technically edible? or can become edible.

the real question is, why didn't takeshi's dad hear the mother scream from getting bitten? why didnt she overpower her kid, who wasnt fighitng but just trying to eat? ah well, its a story!
I had no idea this manga was so well-known!πŸ˜†✨

Maybe once someone is turned into a carrot in Takashi's eyes, they become powerless πŸ˜†⭐🎡

Thank you for your comment!
Anonymous said…
ooh i read the manga when i was elementary school! but i didn't remember the picture of the mom being eaten like that. but i remember the author of the manga write lot of horror story that was so captivating back then. anyway thank you so much for the story saya-san
The picture at the end was probably censored in your country. You are very welcome!😊✨Thank you for commenting!