A Postman

If you would like to be notified of future posts:

*Follow Me on Twitter @Saya_Underworld
*Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/saya_in_underworld

See my artwork (and other stuff about my life, from now on):


❤️❤️ UPDATING EVERY SATURDAY

A Postman in Japan


(Translated and arranged by Saya)

This is a scary incident that happened to a country postman who works in a community surrounded by mountains.

That day, the postman had almost finished work, and he had only one more thing to deliver which was addressed to someone who lived quite high up in the mountains. 
It was such an unusual place that he wondered if anyone really lived up there. 

He laboured up a mountain trail, and reached a kominka (an old traditional house **
When he pressed the doorbell, there appeared at the door a young woman. 

Kominka

She was very beautiful, with fair skin and shiny black hair. The postman was taken aback because he had never imagined he would find such a beautiful woman in a place like this. But then he remembered his task.

"I have a post for you," he said, and handed it over to her, and turned to go; but before he could leave, he was stopped by the woman. 
"Would you like to come in for tea?" She said.

"Thank you, but I'm still on duty..." Surprised, he declined politely. 
But the woman insisted, "I know, but this is the last place of delivery, isn't it?" 

How did she know that? 
The postman wondered, but feeling drawn to her mysterious charm, he decided to follow her into the house. 
Just for a cup of tea, he told himself.
A room inside a kominka 
It was quiet inside the house, and it felt like it was empty except for them. 
How could she have invited me in? The postman felt a weird fluttering in his chest, as he was led into a Japanese-style room. 
"Please wait here," the woman told him, before going off to another room.

However, she didn't come back immediately. 
He waited for about half an hour, until at last he realised something was wrong. 
He opened the door and shouted, "Excuse me, I'd better get going now!"

"What are you doing in there!?" 
That was when an old man yelled from behind.

As the postman came to his senses, he found himself sinking up to his neck in a manure pit, shouting towards the mountains. An old farmer was looking at him, baffled, while holding a cloth to his nose to guard himself against the terrible stench.

But on the postman's delivery log, there remained the information about the house, and he most definitely did deliver the post to the place. 
He is still mystified by what happened to him in that house. 

----------------------------
**Links for kominka:






Comments

Beware of beautiful women in unusual places πŸ˜†❤️

I hope everyone enjoyed the story!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Thank you so much for leaving comments ~πŸ’•
Anonymous said…
I was already imagining all sorts of possible scenarios, but in the end? Sinking and already buried neck deep in a manure pit is something I never thought of.
I can't imagine being in the postman's shoes. So horrifying.

But isn't he glad he didn't drink or eat anything served by the beautiful scary lady. Thinking of this reminded me of the story about the horrible boyfriend and bulimia girlfriend. Ooohhhh the horror.
I love it this story, Saya. Thank you as always. :) Enjoy the weekend.

~ nunu ~
Anonymous said…
That's terrifying. He got bewitched by the lady towards his death. Thankfully he got back to his senses and someone alerted him. I wonder if he asked about the girl and the house, I for one would just for curiosity's sake.lol
Thank you so much Saya-san. Have a lovely day.πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
Hello, nunu!

I didn't expect the ending too ~ !😱 I'm glad I don't have a job that would make me go to a stranger's house!
But even if I did, I would never go into an unknown house, even if a handsome rich prince invited me inπŸ˜†✨

I just love stories that would make you lose appetite 🀣✨ I have another story like that but it's too long so I don't know if I will be able to translate it. But I hope I can!

You're so welcome and I thank you for always commenting! It gives me so much joy! Have a lovely weekend!πŸ˜„πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
My first thought when I read this was that it was a tanuki (raccoon) or kitsune (fox) impersonating as a girl🀣✨

You're so welcome! I'm glad you found it terrifying! Thank you and enjoy your weekend too!πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
Anonymous said…
Looks like a prank from a kitsune or a tanuki. If I'm not mistaken, tanuki are said to be more benevolent than kitsunes, so maybe it was a kitsune
Tanuki is generally more benevolent but it can be really naughty too!πŸ˜†✨

I will see if I can find any other stories about a kitsune or tanuki!

Thank you so much for your comment!❤️
allucinator said…
Fortunately, it wasn't an Hinoenma. If it were, he would be dead (unless he is not delicious enough for the Hinoenma).
Aeri chan~ said…
Oh my.. I almost forgot to read your blog today! Anyway if i'm being that postman i will definitely run away in instant except she offered tea with snacks(or maybe wagashi) too πŸ˜†then without a doubt i will be the next victim jajajaja
Anonymous said…
Hey Saya. Azee here. Sometimes when i heard or read stories like this, i can't help but feel sorry for those workers. They're just doing their job and yet fell victim to this kind of situation.

A friend of mine used to deliver food for a living till one day, he receive an order at 2am in the morning. When he reach the buillding, he knew something aint right cos the whole building was dark and feels empty. Almost abandoned if i may. He didnt think much and proceed with the delivery. Despite how bad the condition is, the elevator works just fine and took it the 3rd floor. It was dark but the moonlight is bright enough to guide through the corridor till he reach the end unit. He knock a couple of times to no one answering. He double check the address to confirm and he is at the right place and unit. He notice that the window grill is slightly open. He walk over to have a peek inside and there, he saw a person standing close to where he was peeking and smile brightly just like 'Momo'. He drop the food, ran all the way the way down to the first floor by the stairs and leave the place. Thats the last time he work as a delivery guy.

Sayanara :)
Perhaps for some people, to be devoured by a beautiful woman would be the happiest way to die 🀣🀣🀣✨

Thank you so much for your comment!πŸ™πŸ§‘✨
I suppose you aren't so interested in beautiful women!
But how about if it were a beautiful man?🀣⭐
Perhaps the yokai or whatever it is will appear in different forms to different people!

But yes, I would be able to resist beautiful men but delicious tea and wagashi? I'm not sure!🀣✨⭐

Thank you so much for your funny comment!πŸ’–✨
Oh my goodness! You always have a scary story to tell! 😱😱😱😱😱⭐
You should open a blog of your own! LOL ✨

I published the story you wrote in your previous comment on my Instagram and Twitter, if you don't mind. I didn't write your name on it because I wasn't sure if you wanted me too. I just said it was told by my blog reader in the comments.
Let me know if you want me to take it down!
But I think a lot of people enjoyed reading your story!

Thank you so much for sharing those stories πŸ˜†πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•✨
Anonymous said…
Feel free to share or publish my story however you want Saya. Pardon my subpar english and please edit them if there is a need to before sharing. I dont mind at all :) Just dont ask me how i have so much story to tell. Blame it on my poor luck for having so much encounter. And sorry if i use your platform to share my stories as i dont have or use any social media platform. I've tons of stories to share with you and hope you dont mind me sharing through your platform again. I'll share my story again here, next saturday. Till then, Take care Saya :)
Oh thank you so much!
Your English is great! A lot more natural than mineπŸ˜†✨ I don't use English on a daily basis anymore, and through the interaction with you followers, I am able to rekindle my memories of English words and phrases I have forgotten ⭐ I am so grateful!

I'm so happy that you're sharing your stories with us! I look forward to reading your next story very much! Thank you so much 😍❤️Take care too!
Second Sun said…
Sayaaaa! γŠη–²γ‚Œζ§˜γ§γ—γŸ!!
ζ€–γ„γ‚ˆ~ 🀣

The ending really got me
I was so sure it was the old guy's house 🀣
I wonder if the postman went back to the house to make a check..

Yes the moral of the story is don't follow someone just because they're beautiful!

でわでわ..γ‚γ‚ŠγŒγ¨γ†! δ»Šι€±ι ‘εΌ΅γ£γ¦γ­!
Second Sun けゃん、γŠη–²γ‚Œζ§˜γ§γ™πŸ˜†⭐

I'm glad you found it scary ~✨
Beautiful people can be very dangerous 🀣✨

γ©γ†γ„γŸγ—γΎγ—γ¦!γ‚³γƒ‘γƒ³γƒˆγ©γ†γ‚‚γ‚γ‚ŠγŒγ¨γ†γ”γ–γ„γΎγ—γŸ。またζ₯ι€±!πŸ˜„πŸ§‘
George V said…
Going to unusual places is dangerous. Sort of reminds me of the Red Eye story. Thankfully I did not find anything like that.
That's true! It is similar to that story!πŸ˜†⭐
I'm glad you didn't find any scary yokai women while you were here🀣✨
Thank you so much for your comment!
George V said…
The scariest thing was that I was almost run over by Yuki Himura and his film crew, as I was passing Shibuya 109. It was a great trip and I definitely want to go back. Yep no scary yokai women.
The only Yuki Himura I know of is the comedian. Is that him? Incredible!🀣✨

I'm glad you enjoyed the trip!