“A Master of Lucid Dreaming will teach you how to freely control your dream”

If you would like to be notified of future posts, follow me on:

My Instagram:

My X:

❤️Updating Every Saturday Evening (Japan Time)



(Translated and Arranged by Saya)


A thread from 5 chan. 

The Thread Title :
“The Master of Lucid Dreaming will teach you how to freely control your dream” (2019)


1(OP): 
I have been training in this art since I was a high schooler. 
But I quit after it started to affect my health about a year ago.

⭐️Note:
Lucid dream


“a lucid dream is a type of dream in which the dreamer becomes aware that they are dreaming while they are dreaming. It is a trainable skill. During a lucid dream, the dreamer may gain some amount of control over the dream characters, narrative, or environment, although this control of dream content is not the salient feature of lucid dreaming.”


2: 
Wouldn’t controlling your dreams like that make you sick? 


3(OP): 
>>2 
That depends on what level you are at. 
When you are at the master’s level, your health condition obviously gets worse. 


5:
Well, you dream when your sleep is shallow, so of course intentionally inducing shallow sleep will have a detrimental effect on your health. 


11 (OP):
>>5 
Ideally, you should do this only when you happen to have a dream, 
but as your training progresses, you automatically begin to dream more frequently. 
So you won’t be able to avoid becoming unhealthy. 


4:
Teach us how to do it


6(OP): 
The best way is to keep a dream diary.
But that’s not absolute requirement. 
I advanced quite far without keeping one. 


7:
Dream diary? Won’t you forget everything you dreamed the moment you wake up?


8(OP): 
Let me explain the different levels first

Level 0  — You rarely, if ever, have dreams.

Level 1 — You do have dreams but almost never remember them.

Level 2 — You are able to become aware that you are dreaming, but as soon as you become aware, you wake up.

Level 3 — You don’t wake up even when you become aware that you are dreaming, but you are unable to control the dream. 

Level 4 — You are able to control your dream within the limits set by the dream. 

Level 5 — You are able to do whatever you want, to the extent that you can change even the dream itself.

As for me, I have reached Level 5


9(OP):
I’ll give you an example of what it is like to reach Level 4. 

For example, you dream about playing with your friend in an amusement park. 

When you become aware that it’s a dream, you can hit your friend, try different rides, and jump off a Ferris Wheel, and so on. 

But you can’t change the situation of being in an amusement park or change anything about the other people around you. 


10(OP): 
And some people at Level 4 may only be able to do things that are possible within the laws of physics, while others at the same level may be immune to such limitations.
For example, they may be able to shoot out a Kamehameha, or fly in the sky, 
Or shoot out a destruction blast from their mouth, etc. 


14 (OP): 
On a side note, I heard that there are some people who are born with the ability to do all these things without training. 
Some talented people are able to study inside their dreams, or even control how often they dream. 
But I’m not qualified to explain those instances.


15:
At the end of the day, your instructions are useful only for those who want to escape from their reality. 
When we are satisfied with our reality, such stuff won’t matter much to us. 


18(OP):
>>15
Well, true. We should first and foremost aim for a good night’s sleep so that we can have a fulfilling life. 


16: 
I can fly in my dreams but I’ve never been able to do a Kamehameha 


22(OP):
>>16 
You can though once you have done the training. 


20:
There’s no question that you can’t dream if you are getting enough sleep 


24(OP): 
First of all, I warn you that the ability to do this differs from person to person, and even if you put much effort into the training, you may reach a point after which you stop making further progress. 

Anyway, try it if you’re interested! 

First, you must try very hard to recall your dreams. 
It may sound like a hassle but make sure you have a pen and paper ready by your pillow. 


25(OP): 
If you’re a kind of person who doesn’t usually dream, set an alarm clock or something to wake yourself up and then go back to sleep, and repeat this for two to three times. 
Or take an afternoon nap.
That will make it easier for you to have dreams. 


26(OP): 
If you then wake up even with the vaguest feeling of having dreamed that time, do your very best to recall it and write it down on the paper.


27(OP):
The most important thing is to write down as many details as you can possibly remember. 

What kind of place you were in, who else were in it, 
What kind of sounds you heard, how you were feeling at the time, 
All the sensations you felt, and so on. 
Anything and everything you can remember has to be written down <— IMPORTANT 

Not just a simple sentence like “I was playing with my friends in an amusement park.”


28:
I’m at Level 5 too but I don’t dream so often. 
If you have any tips you think would help us to dream more often, please tell us.


31(OP): 
My only advice would be to wake up and go back to sleep again immediately. 

But in my opinion, it’s a good thing you don’t dream so often.

I have dreams every night whether I intend it or not, which is seriously affecting my health.


29(OP): 
In any case, just keep on recording your dreams in a dream diary. 
Anyone who says writing in a dream diary has done nothing, is probably not writing down enough details. 

Once you have remembered that you were in an amusement park,
Recall how many people were there, what kind of clothes you were wearing,
What kind of rides you saw, what colour were those rides, 
Smell, temperature, weather… write down anything even if they seem insignificant.


30(OP): 
Onto the next important thing. 
Imagine if you could go back to the dream, at what point could you have realised you were dreaming?
As you write in your dream diary, take note of the instances that are unrealistic. 
Those are the parts that will make you think:
“That was weird and could never happen in reality. Why didn’t I realise at the time that I was dreaming?” 
You look back and reflect on them. 


33(OP): 
I said I would explain it all, but that is actually all the training you need to do. 

In my case, I started writing down things on paper only when I needed to go up from Level 4 to Level 5. 
Recalling your dreams in detail is enough to help you make significant progress in this art. 


35(OP): 
One more advice.
Once you have done the training and you become conscious in your dreams, 
Try doing something that is out of alignment with the situation you are in. 

For example, if you are studying in a classroom at school in your dream, and you become conscious that you are dreaming, 
It’s not enough to think to yourself “I’m dreaming right now.” 
As soon as you realise it, try breaking a window and fly out of the classroom, and do other such stuff.


35(OP):
So now that I have finished explaining to you how to do it, let me move on to the next topic, which is about the changes that will happen to your body and mind. 


36(OP): 
First, the content of your dreams becomes more and more similar to reality. 

In the beginning, you may often find yourself in worlds that are obviously strange. 
Such as a crazy fantasy world. 
But as your training progresses, you will more often than not find yourself in worlds that resemble the real world you live in.


37(OP): 
Moreover, you will start dreaming noticeably more often. 
If you have been training conscientiously, you know that you are going to have a dream as soon as you fall asleep. 


38(OP): 
The most extraordinary thing of all is that the sensations you experience in your dreams become increasingly realistic too. 

For example when you touch someone, the sensation of it becomes almost the same as if you touched someone in reality. 

But I had a really scary experience because of this. 
Maybe it’s only me but I got stabbed with a knife in a dream once and it was so painful that it really scared me. 


39(OP): 
And when you have reached the final stage of the training, the line between dream and reality starts to get blurry. 
This is the reason why I quit keeping a dream diary.


40(OP): 
That’s all from me!  THE END.


42: 
I want to escape from this shitty reality but can’t dream. It sucks.


44(OP): 
>>42 
Train harder


45(OP): 
It is unlikely you will realise that you are dreaming every single time without exception. 
It only becomes dangerous when you fail to notice it. 


47(OP): 
I had a dream once in which I yelled “I quit!” to a senpai and stormed out of my workplace. 
The following morning, I felt so bad about it that I made a call to the senpai to apologise to him, but he was like, “huh? What the heck are you talking about?” 

So if you do this too much, I guarantee you that reality will start becoming indistinguishable from dreams, so be careful. 

Bye bye!


48: 
You should try astral projection next time 


46:
Thanks!
That was very helpful!




——————
❤️Fun Video of the Week!

“Crazy Office Worker’s Night Meal”


A poor office worker gets fired from his job, and in despair, he starts making a special meal…πŸ˜†✨




Comments

SAYA said…
Hello, everyone! How are you? I hope you had a good week⭐️

I know some of you are already masters at lucid dreaming! Please let us know your own experiences below!

If you are one of those people who have never had a lucid dream before (like meπŸ˜†) but would like to have it, I hope this instruction will help you!
But don’t overdo it! Or you might end up scaring people around you, by mixing up dreams with reality!πŸ˜†✨

Thank you so much as always for visiting my blog! Have an amazing weekend and take care 🩷
allucinator said…
I sometimes get to level 4. Anyway, I won't be doing this; I already have some fucked-up imaginations.
Anonymous said…
Hi Saya :)

I don't dream much. Usually I only dream when I'm too tired and then I'll forget all about the dream. It'll be interesting to read experiences by other readers here.
Interesting read as usual. Thank you, Saya.

~ nunu ~
SAYA said…
Wow! You’re so talented!πŸ˜†✨

No, I wouldn’t recommend you to try to reach Level 5! That sounds dangerous! I’m satisfied with being at Level 1🀣✨

Thank you so much for your comment!πŸ’•
SAYA said…
Hello, nunu! It’s lovely to hear from you again!

I’m looking forward to reading other people’s experiences in the comments too! I hope some readers will be generous as to share their experiences with us! 😊🌸

You’re welcome and thank you so much for your comment!
Anonymous said…
Damn. The Kamehameha part was nostalgic πŸ˜‚. The good old times LOL. Now seriously, I don't remember my last dreams but I know I have had some weird dreams, not nightmares, just the type I woke up and I was like: "WTH happened? 😳". I don't think this is for me
Mr. DBoM said…
Lucid dream! It is always a fascinating subject to me, along with tulpa (both require the power of the mind to "alter your reality").

However, try as I might, I could never achieve such a dream. In fact, I hardly dream at all. Perhaps it's better for my health this way, but sometimes my dream-wanderlust gets the better of me. Oh, and the very few times I did dream, they were all weird nightmares lol.
George V said…
Reading that, I had the song Silent Lucidity from Queensryche running through my head. Nice story and funny video. The guy from the video should consider being a sushi chef.
Anonymous said…
Thank you for the story, Saya. I'd like to tell my story regarding this. It might be inappropriate, though.

I'm at stage 3 often. Even if I do realize I'm in a dream, I never try to do anything. Maybe because for me, sleep is a way to escape from reality and I still suffer from depression (I've gotten better, but I haven't gotten out of it). So whenever I realize I'm in one, I'll just keep it as is, maybe because of pessimistic nature. Just shows how weak my emotional strength, huh?

Anyway, I actually remember the content of my dreams, most of the time. Before I started suffering from depression, writing was one of my hobbies and I liked using the contents of my dreams as ideas. So back then I always kept some writing papers, in case I had a good dream (as in, the dream made a good writing material!).

Another thing. I think it's related to your age and interest, but I now rarely have dreams that are within the realm of fantasy. They say as you age, your interests change, and I think this is the reason behind the realism within my dreams. I used to like fantasy and stuffs as teenager, but when I reached my twenties, I stopped having much interest in it and would rather have things with more realism.

And one more thing, I guess. Because sleep is my method of escapism, back when my depression was so bad (for example, this was not long after my father had passed away), I could sleep for even almost an entire day. 23 hours, 24 hours, you name it. The lockdown of the pandemic made it even worse, and I started to be unable to differentiate reality and dream. Everything was so blurry... I don't want to experience it again. My life was a total mess back then.
SAYA said…
Idk what elements in your dream made you react like that🀣✨

Perhaps you were unknowingly shooting out a Kamehameha in your dream 🀣⭐️

Thank you so much for your comment!
SAYA said…
I have read several threads about Tulpa too! I wasn’t sure if anyone would be interested in them, because there’s already enough information on RedditπŸ˜†
But of course, lucid dream is often talked about on Reddit too, so it might do no harm to translate a post about tulpa! It might give people a different perspective of the subject πŸ˜†⭐️

Don’t succumb to the charm of lucid dream! It’s a blessing that you don’t dream so often! 🀣✨

Thank you so much for your comment!
SAYA said…
I checked the song on YouTube. It’s a really nice song! 😊🌸

That video is funny including the end!🀣✨ We should all learn to turn our despair into creativity like that!

Thank you so much for your comment!
SAYA said…
Thank you for sharing your experiences!

I have been through severe episodes of depression before, so your experiences are relatable to me.
I would like you to know that although you may feel weak sometimes, it’s just a temporary state, and it’s not the real you. You are strong in essence, especially for bearing the heavy weight of depression. Be proud of yourself for simply being alive! And do not believe the negative talks in your head because they aren’t real.

I’m glad though that you are getting better 😊✨

I think keeping a dream diary for writing ideas is such a great thing to do!

Yes, your interests in reality must reflect on the content of your dream! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this ✨

I used to sleep all day too when I was deep in depression! But not to the point that my reality was merging with my dreams πŸ˜†
I’m so glad to hear you are out of that state! I know your life will continue to go uphill ✨⭐️

Come back again if that makes you feel happy!

Thank you so much for your comment!
Dethyl said…
Hi Saya, thanks for posting once again. I've been about level 3 since my early adulthood about 20+ years ago. It started because I write in my journal daily and I tend to describe my dreams in as much detail as I can there. It's quite interesting because once I start noticing, the people in my dream sometimes tell me that this is a dream too. I think it's quite interesting that being detail-oriented about dreams can lead somewhere.
SAYA said…
You’re welcome and thank you so much for sharing your story! That’s intriguing! Especially the part wheee you say people in your dreams tell you it’s a dream too!

I consciously to try to forget my dreams after hearing so many scary stories about keeping a dream diary 🀣✨

Thank you so much again for your comment and take care! ❤️
KAY said…
Based on what OP wrote, i think i'm at level 5 too.

Since when i was small (about 8 or 9), i dreamt a lot and often try to recall what the dream is about (no i don't write it at all, i just try to remember it once i woke up, then try to recount it a few times all day until it's saved inside my mind. Not always though, just those that was interesting enough). Also before i slept, i usually made up some stories to put myself to sleep (yeah i guess i'm a very independent child) and without realizing it, i drift off to sleep. Probably because of that, when i was in high school i was able to receive level 5.

However i had severe depression when i was in high school. Moreover my school was the elite-very academic type so along with depression, i usually only slept for about 3 to 4 hours a day. Add with the lucid dreams, it felt like i always wake up and it did really tire me out. Still, the dreams were fun and it was how i escape reality so i continue it. I'm in a much better place now though so i don't count on it as much.

I did find a way to not feeling as tired though. Basically when you realize you're in a dream, even when your mind questioning the logic, try to just follow along and enjoy the ride. Your mind will automatically tell you how to act in that dream so no worries. I usually "change" the dream only when i feel very threatened, that's when i rewrite the dream so it'll be something less-threathening or at least something that i can enjoy (even if it's thriller)(i love thriller genre so...).

Anyway that's my own experience! But yeah, dreams are fascinating. Sorry that the comment is so long. Hope everyone is well!
SAYA said…
It’s so interesting to hear the experience of someone who has reached Level 5 firsthand 😊✨
Thank you for that!

Don’t worry about your comment being long! Only my blog, comments are longer the better 🀣✨

I hope you are able to enjoy your life better after leaving school. An elite academic school sounds scary!

And your advice at the end will be very helpful for those who are planning to learn how to lucid dream!

Thanks a lot for your comment, and I hope you are well too ~ 😊✨⭐️
Anonymous said…
I’ve been dreaming for one to two weeks straight and they have been so bizarre. I don’t dream regularly and I was sick when it started so maybe that was the cause of it - I’ve been so tired everyday since it started so I must be getting low quality sleep too. And I’ve been remembering most of the dreams without trouble, which is also unusual for me. I once spoke to a guy who told me if I keep dream journals I will be able to remember my dreams more and I believe it’s true.

I have toggled between levels 3 to 5, my current dreams are probably level 3 - while I’m still asleep I become conscious of the fact that the things happening don’t make sense/are bizarre but don’t have any desire to take action to challenge this or make changes
SAYA said…
Oops! I nearly forgot to reply to your message because I was busy today!πŸ˜†

I hope you’re less tired and getting enough sleep!
It’s so weird that the person in your dream said something like that!

It’s good that you don’t have much desire to change things in your dreams! I think that might lead you onto a dangerous path!

Take care of yourself! Thank you so much for your comment!😊🌸
espewe said…
I don't know if it's just me, but I always looking forward to dream every night and indeed I dream every night. It doesn't affect my health in any way, only leftover of unfulfillment that dreams usually get cut short. Some dreams I can remember, mostly I don't.

I can remember the dreams that's quite remarkable, which funnily I learn sometimes they are premonition of things to come. I have quite many DΓ©jΓ  vu moments, things like "Ah, so this is how it happened like dream I had years ago". I had a dream where I was shot to death in the head by unknown assailant while I was being tied to a chair. The dream was so vivid I can smell the burnt gunpowder and the sharp pain & heat in the epicentrum of the shot. I woke up drenched in sweat with lingering sensation, I really hope it won't become real.

Whether I can control the dream or now, sometimes I aware that I'm dreaming but I just barely can control the dream few times. Most of the time it's more fun to let the dreams flow in unexpected manner.
SAYA said…
Wow! You have had some scary experiences!😱
Thank you for sharing them with us!

It’s so strange how some of your dreams came true!

But I’m sure nothing violent will ever happen to you!
I had both dreams of killing someone and getting killed 🀣✨
I was going to get assassinated but it will never happen ( I’m not important enough for anyone to wish me dead lol).

Thank you so much for your stories and reflections!✨⭐️
Steeple said…
All these "stages" and such dont describe me at all. this is someone who just describes their experience with total authortity despite it being super subjective. typical chan user! lmao

i've always been a vivid and frequent dreamer, but also i sleep deeply, so thats bunk right away. sometimes it's real spaces, more often its bizarre or fantastical ones, or a mix of each. there's no real delineation here, it's a mishmash. but they're often fun since i usually have a goal or explore. flying i do quite often but it takes effort in the dream, like using muscles or concentrating (this especialyl with teleportation). ive had dreams where im jumping from platforms of stained glass in an immense tunnel amde of stained glass (very pretty!), running around elaborate treehouses, mercykilled people in a space train that was losing oxygen.... or just flying over my neighborhood on my way home back from school. or my most annoying recurring dream, trying to find a working toilet. which i need to find again even after i use it. thats when i know i need to wake up and the only time i can say ive had a lucid dream. lol

strictly speaking i dont often lucid dream in the sense that i become aware im dreaming, but i often can control a dream, usually near the end when im closer to waking up. so when im less asleep, basically... like when something very frustrating or scary happens, i go, "i dont want this!" and i'll switch out who im controlling/the point-of-view character for someone stronger, that kind of thing.

ive never had poor health because of dreaming, let alone whether i can change things or not. the only thing close is when i ahve a really upsetting dream it can ruin my mood. during typical sleep one cycles through depths of sleep and the deepest doesnt include rem movement or dreaming so maybe thats where the author got that idea about poor health...

lastly, ive never confused reality and dreaming. rather, there have been several times ina dream i've been like, oh i can fly! and im not dreaming! i've made a huge discovery! then i wake up lmao. but the dream feels totally different from real life once i wake up. the closest ive gotten to confusing that is if i get woken up and hear something while half asleep, go back to sleep, then wake up and try to recall if i just had a realistic dream or if i really did hear my mom call me to wake me up. really small mundane things like that.
SAYA said…
Sounds like you have a very colourful life in your dreams πŸ˜†⭐️

The way you can control your nightmare and switch it to something better is so cool! I wish I had the same skill!

Perhaps I should keep a dream diary so that I can at least stop a nightmare before it gets worse!

Flying through a tunnel made of stained glass sounds so wonderful!

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences!πŸ˜ŠπŸŒΈπŸ™πŸ»
Steeple said…
i do! ive dreamt most nights my whole life so the idea of keeping track of them being dangerous just seemed silly to me. well, maybe it was for this author, and im sorry they're having such a rough time of it.

being able to redirect a nightmare definitely takes time! i actually was talking to my therapist about one recurring one and i think talking it out and thinkiing of what i could do in the dream helped. so i think recording and thinking about dreams might be a good way to do that ^_^
SAYA said…
Well, to be fair, he is not only suggesting you to keep records of them, but also record them in minute details. So as he said, it’s not just about recording “I flew in the sky,” but recording what you were wearing, how you felt at the time, what was the weather etc.

And Level 5 he is talking about is going beyond lucid dreams to astral projection.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences again! That’s very interesting! 😊
Anonymous said…
Hi Saya,
I used to have lucid dream from when I was very young, even primary school. Family situations, loneliness and the pressure of always having to be the best made me want to escape reality, and I relied on the dream to get out. Maybe that's why I could do it very early. For me, I saw each dream as a movie. I could control that movie like a director, slow down the flow, pause, rewind it and change the scenarios. Then I let the movie play again. I can even make up the worlds of scifi movies, with flying whales, I can fly and play with them. I always know when I was dreaming, though.
But this costed my health a lot, as it seemed like I never slept for real. This stopped when I reached mid-twenties. By that time, I had enough confidence and acceptance with everything in real world, and I decided to call a stop. It was a colorful experience and thinking back, it helped me through the hard times
SAYA said…
Hello!!
Wow! Such an amazing experience you had! Thank you so much for sharing!

I’m sorry you had to go through such a hard time when you were so young. I’m glad though that you love and accept yourself much more now! Always remember you are perfect as you are, regardless of how others judge you! Doesn’t matter what the world says. You are always enough ~ 😊✨
Anonymous said…
I'll need to try this! I dream a lot but they're always nightmares or stress dreams and I wake up in a panic with my heart beating rapidly. Maybe I'll finally be able to have nice dreams!
@Anonymous at 19 December 2023 at 12:49

Since then I have actually discovered another 2chan thread that’s all about how to lucid dream, and that one seems more effective πŸ€”
But I feel this method is easier and safer 🀣

I hope you have a nice dream tonight ~ 🌸 thank you so much for the comment!
Smoothie_D said…
I achieved dream lucidity at a very early age. Something I've been able to do since my teens, is move from one dreamscape to another at will. I learned this by actively exploring a series of seven recurring dreams I had, almost exclusively, over a period of ten years. Over time,I explored these spaces, and the characters within them, to reveal that all of the spaces in those multiple recurring dreams, were actually connected. They all formed a singular environment with its own features, inhabitants, and overall aesthetic and culture. The individuals within them proved to have their own lives and behaviors. And time progressed while I wasn't there. For a few years, I was certain that I was existing in parallel with a character that was almost the perfect visual opposite of me. It got so that I could navigate across the island, into and out of spaces that were previously their own scapes. I can send myself to this place and navigate every inch of it to this very day. I'll be 38 this summer. I have lived in two worlds for over twenty-five years.
@Smoothie D
Thank you so much for sharing your amazing experiences! That seems such an unusual way of living😳