Sunset

If you would like to be notified of future posts:

*Follow Me on Twitter @Saya_Underworld
*Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/saya_in_underworld
(Translated and arranged by Saya)




Whenever I see sunset, I remember a story my uncle told me. 
One day he finished his work early.
When he arrived at the station closest to his home, it was still early in the evening, which was unusual for him. 

As he was heading for home, he noticed a girl walking down the street towards him. She was holding an umbrella. 

He thought that was odd because the sky was clear. 
Then he noticed her school uniform was the one from the highschool he used to go as a boy. 

Seeing the uniform again caused him to feel a twinge of nostalgia. As they passed each other, he glanced at the girl; somehow she looked familiar. 


He spun around without thinking --- that was when suddenly the town, which had looked fiery-red from the sunset only a moment ago, became all greyish with light rain falling from the sky. 

Not only that but the townscape also returned to how it used to be when he was a highschool boy. 
The girl was taking cover from the rain under the roof of a second-hand bookshop (now gone), and she was talking to the boy standing next to her. 

The vision was gone before he had time to react. The town was again glowing red from the setting sun.
He remembered who those girl and boy were. 

The girl was his first love. The time when they met under the roof of the bookshop was the only time he remembered talking to her properly. It was a sweet, precious memory he cherished deep in his heart. 

At the time my uncle was going through a very hard time in his life and was even on the verge of committing suicide. 
But that vision filled his heart with such warmth that he felt like he could carry on with his life again.


------------------------
Happy New Year! 

I wanted to start this new year with a story that gives you a sense of hope. 😊🌸✨

May your new year be filled with joy, happiness, many beautiful moments and treasured memories! Take care ✨✨πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

(You can read other stories under the label "Heartwarming too ✨⭐)




Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy new year, Saya! I enjoyed reading this light story; Your blog is something I always come back to for years now :-) Thank you, and may you have a blissful year!
Happy New Year!😊🌈✨I am so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for your sweet kind words! I wish you have a wonderful year full of joy tooπŸ’“πŸŒˆ
Anonymous said…
Wow. This is a very nice feel-good story.
My brain was already making up a lot of theories.
But at the end of the story, I decided to just bask in the warmth that fill my heart from it.

Thank you for this story, Saya-san. *purple heart*. It has become one of my favorite.

- nunu -
I am do glad it left with you with good feeling πŸ˜ŠπŸ’–✨May your new year be filled with good memories like this story too ⭐✨
allucinator said…
Happy New Year, Saya! πŸŽ‰

It reminds me of the story of Somewhere in Time.
The film? (I googled it πŸ˜†) I thought you would like it because it's romantic!✨
Anonymous said…
Happy new year to u!!!

What a way to start 2022 with two stories and a heartwarming one πŸ₯°

I wish this year will be better, happier, and richer 😝
Happy New Year dear πŸ˜ŠπŸ’–πŸ’ž✨

I am sure this will be a fantastic year for both of us!πŸ˜†❤️🌈🎡✨
Anonymous said…
What a nice way to bring in 2022. Happy New Year!!!!
Happy New Year, dear. πŸ˜ŠπŸ’–⭐I am glad you like it!
allucinator said…
Yes. A romance involving a time travel. (It also has a remarkable theme song.)
Rose said…
Happy new year, Saya! Thank you for all the hard work you do on this blog - I visit it every day and it has helped me in some tough times! I appreciate all you do for us!
Happy New Year, Rose! What a beautiful name you have.πŸ₯°✨ Thank you for being so sweet and kind! This is a difficult time for everyone and I am glad if I helped to brighten up your days in some way. I am so grateful for your wordsπŸ™πŸŽ΅⭐✨
George V said…
Very sweet. Was it just a memory brought on by seeing a girl that reminded him of his first love, or did he he travel in time for the briefest of moments. Either way, it saved his life.

Thanks for pointing this out. I was on call this weekend, and things were hectic.
I hope you have time to relax now! πŸ˜ŠπŸ€✨

I am glad you like the story! Thank you so much for your comment ✨
Anonymous said…
i forgot to look at your website and happy belated new year though Saya!
Anonymous said…
I like this one, thank you very much :D
Happy New Year!😊🌸✨
You are welcome!😊⭐Thank you for you comment!✨
Charm said…
Awww... this is a sweet story. Despite him having a heard time there will be someone or something believe in his existence. His existence matter.
I am glad you enjoyed it! It is a lovely story.

Thank you so much for your comment!πŸ’“✨