Art Studio

If you would like to be notified of future posts:

*Follow Me on Twitter @Saya_Underworld
*Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/saya_in_underworld
(Translated and arranged by Saya)

❤️ Updating Every Saturday!



(This is a CRYPTIC story!πŸ˜ŠπŸ’–)

My big sister, who was an art teacher at school, rented a shabby room to use as her private art studio. 

She rented it just to do her painting in there, and she didn't intend to live in it. 
I thought that that was such a waste of money, and asked her if I could live in it in her stead. 

On the first day I moved in, I came back to the apartment feeling excited to spend the night in a new place. 
My sister told me to make sure I lock everything before I sleep, so I shut the door and locked it with a chain as soon as I was inside. 
After that, I spent the rest of the evening doing things like cooking dinner and reading a book. Before I knew it was past midnight, so I checked all the doors and windows again, and turned off the gas at the main, and went to sleep. 

Some time later --- probably about 2 to 3 am., I heard the front door clatter open. 
It seemed like my sister came to do her painting. 
Wow she is working so hard! ---- I thought to myself, half asleep. 
Then she entered the room next to mine. 

The room next to the bedroom was a place where my sister kept her art supplies and tools. 
She was giggling and mumbling some words to herself. 
Hmmm, I have heard there is a fine line between a madman and an artist, and now I know it's true LOL ---- such was the final thought that crossed my mind before I completely fell asleep.

The following morning, when I awoke, my sister was already gone. 
I thought to myself, " I admire her dedication to her profession!" and I stepped out of the room. 

As I locked the door, I was suddenly overcome by intense fear. 

From that day on, I never set foot in the apartment again. 


Well done for figuring out the answer!


Comments

Everyone, thank you so much for commenting!

Please note that I will NOT publish your comments until a little later today, to allow others to have the time to figure out the answer by themselves! 😊✨
Anonymous said…
Good morning, Saya-san.

The door was locked with a chain, so the only person that could open the door was the narrator.
So either a spirit entered the house or a skilled house breaker managed to get in and relocked the house when she left again.

The sister need to invest with more secure lock and CCTV.

Hehe. Did I get it right?
Thank you for this cryptic story ☺️. I missed this so much.

- nunu -
Fiorin said…
Hello Saya~ Been awhile since I commented at the site!
Sooo yeah, the writer locked the door with chain from inside. There's no way their sister can come in on the night and unlock it by herself! It must be something else that did it... Maybe a ghost that (un)lives at this apartment? No one will know for sure!

Loved this story, it's simple but very good!

As always, nice to get this update, Saya! Keep it up! And hope Spring is coming good on your place.
Axel said…
I think whoever came in, the writer didn't hear them unlock and lock the door. Also, there was probably no new painting in the morning
Banake said…
The door was unlocked in the morning, despite her locking it with a chain before going to bed. :-P
Anonymous said…
HAH! Did shr lock herself out of her house??? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Aeri chan~ said…
O. M. G Saya... This one is hard enough πŸ₯Ίanyway i'll try:
1. First , in the morning the little sister realize it locks inside and there is only one main key, so it's possible for someone to unlock from the outside.
Or ..
2. In the morning the little sister realize there is no new painting on the painting room, and all belongings is on it's place nothings change.
That's it i can only think of that.. Hehe #peace
Aeri chan~ said…
#1 i mean locked from inside and 'imposibble' , sorry..
Anonymous said…
It's the kind of chain lock on the door that slots into place right?
You can't open those from outside, so whoever or whatever made that noise last night is inside the apartment all along!
George V said…
Also noted that the narrator had set the chain. What came in that night, apparently had no ill will against the narrator.
allucinator said…
Oi! What does the art look like. Perhaps the sister creates a portal to another world. Or created her own world.
🌈The "Answer" I know is this:
The narrator locked the door "with a chain" --- that's the most important point! The narrator's sister would naturally have a key to the room, because they shared the room together. But if she locked it with a chain, the sister could not have gotten inside even if she had a key!

I hope you enjoyed the story πŸ˜ŠπŸ™πŸ’–✨

Also, thank you everyone for your comments! I will start replying to them one by one today! Sorry for the delay!😊⭐
You definitely got it right! Well done, clever girl! πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘❤️❤️❤️

Thank you so much for your comment and I am so glad to hear you enjoyed it!πŸ’–✨✨✨⭐
It may very well be a ghost that lives in the apartment, because the narrator says it's a shabby (probably old) apartment, and I am guess the sister didn't want to live in it because she sensed something was in there.πŸ˜†⭐

I hope you are having a beautiful spring time in your place too! Bless you and thank you for taking the time to comment!πŸ™πŸ’–✨
You made a great guess there!πŸ˜†⭐Those are valid possibilities too! Thank you so much for your comment!πŸ’–✨
Perhaps it was a real human not a ghost! Thank you so much for your answers!πŸ˜†πŸ‘✨
Oh that is such a funny answer! 🀣✨Thank you so much for it!
Don't worry, I got your meaning!πŸ˜ŠπŸ’ž✨

Great answers! I really enjoyed reading them! Thank you so much! 🌈❤️✨
That's very possible too! πŸ˜†✨ Having a real human and unknown stranger inside can be scarier than having a ghost! Thank you so much for your answer!πŸ‘πŸŽ΅✨
I hope it had no evil intention! Maybe the ghost was having a laugh at the sister's paintings!πŸ˜†✨ Thank you so much for your comment!πŸ™⭐
I know being an artist yourself, you would care more about the art than what happened to the narrator 🀣✨✨⭐ Your answer is so unique! Thank you so much for your entertaining answer! πŸ™⭐
Anonymous said…
I guess her big sister made a robot with the help of some friend who knows AI. The robot looks like the big sister and they make her walk out the door. Then the rest of the story happens while her sister in hiding somewhere in the house. then she slowly tiptoed to the door and opened it and normally walked to her art area. That's it. probably nothing ghostly or anything like that. My theory for this cryptic masterpiece is that.

-That one anonymous
LOL πŸ˜†⭐✨A great theory! Very funny! Thank you so much for that! πŸ’ž✨
Steeple said…
oh, this went in a totally different direction than i was thinking. i thought the twist was that the sister's "art" was done with human bodies, thus why she needed a whole apartment with a room full of "tools", why she told the narrator to be careful about locking up, why she was working at 2am...

just having her jimmy the chainlock seems like such an anticlimax after that. i mean, it is her apartment, so its more annoying/rude than scary to me. people speculating a ghost came in is more fun.
That would be terrifying, to think that the sister might have painted on human bodies! You could make a film out of it! πŸ˜†✨