Cinerary Urn

If you would like to be notified of future posts:

*Follow Me on Twitter @Saya_Underworld
*Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/saya_in_underworld

❤️❤️ UPDATING EVERY SATURDAY

A Cinerary Urn (you can get this from Amaz*n. LOL)


🀩 WARNING!!!! 
This story is a bit DEPRESSING (edit). Make sure you win a lottery before you read it! LOL

-------------------

(Translated and arranged by Saya)

Takao had a wife and a little daughter who was still in elementary school, but he spent most of his days gambling. 

He had a job as a demolition worker, but whenever he had money he gambled it away; and when he could no longer take out loans, he turned to underground moneylenders. 

He loved gambling but unfortunately he had no talent for it. As a result, he sank deeper and deeper into debt, until he got to the point where he was receiving threats from loan sharks on a daily basis.

One day, one of the moneylenders offered him "an easy job," telling him that if he took it, they would write off all his debt. 
Takao thought it smelled fishy, but he knew no alternative. He told them please let him take it. 

He opened a coin locker (a type of luggage locker found in airports, railway stations etc. See the link for more info). A paper bag was inside it, and in the bag he found a piece of paper and a wooden box. 
The piece of paper instructed him to go to a certain graveyard located two prefectures away from where he lived, and to drop the content of the box at a particular grave in there. It came complete with a detailed map. 

Creepy... Takao thought, but if he could get rid of his debt just by taking on such a simple task, he was more than willing to do it. 

Takao returned home, got into a car and started his journey to the graveyard. 
 
On his way, he stopped his car once to take a peek inside the box, because he was curious. 
The box contained an urn, with a picture of a young woman attached on top of it.
A cinerary urn... He thought, but he didn't ponder on the meaning of it. It doesn't matter as long as it will get me out of my debt. He thought, and put the urn back into the box. 
He didn't bother to see what was inside the urn. 

When he arrived at the grave, he slid open a stone slab as he had been instructed to do. He then pulled out his phone and switched on the light. 

Inside the pit, there were numerous cinerary urns, and each of them had a picture attached to it, just like the one he had in the box. 
The pictures showed men and women of all ages, including little children. 
Some of the urns looked brand new, while others had cracks or were even completely shattered. 

What are these...? 
Takao wondered, but he put down the urn he had brought with him in there, and slid the stone slab back into its place. 

The whole time he was there, he felt eyes watching him, but he pretended he didn't notice it. When he finished the task, he walked back to his car.
He felt totally drained. 

What was it? What did I see? 
He was sick and tired of the whole thing. 
He suddenly felt an urge to hear his wife's voice, and called her. 
 
After some rings, his call was answered by his wife. It sounded like she had been sleeping. 
She asked, what? in a husky voice.
Takao suddenly felt really emotional. There was a catch in his throat as he told his wife, I am sorry for everything that has happened. I am quitting gambling for good. Let's go out, three of us together, tomorrow. We haven't done that for a while. 

His wife sounded taken aback, and asked, what happened? 
He said, Nothing. I have decided to quit gambling, that's all. 
He could feel she was a little suspicious, but she said, alright, at the end. 

I am still a little far away from home but I will be there later tonight. We can leave home early tomorrow morning, he told her. How is our little girl doing?
Asleep in her bed, of course. His wife chuckled.

He arrived home two hours after the call. 
Because it was already in the middle of the night, the road was almost empty and he was able to come back faster than he had expected. 

He was so tired. I'll take a shower now and go to bed. I'll buy my little girl something nice tomorrow. I haven't bought anything for her for some time.
Takao thought, as he opened the front door. 

Inside the house, he found both his wife and daughter dead hanging from the ceiling. 

A couple of days later, he called that moneylender but all he heard was the automated message saying "We are sorry you have reached a number that is no longer in service..."




-----------------
Oh no! How depressing! Cheer up, everyone! (Unless you came here to feel depressed.) πŸ˜†πŸŽ΅✨

This is not a cryptic story, but you might need to use a bit of imagination to understand what happened.⭐✨




Comments

I am going out later today, so sorry if your comments don't get published immediately.

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate your contribution to the blog😁🌸✨
Anonymous said…
I.. I'm not certain what to write, to be honest.
I'm still taken aback with the tragedy. The money lenders were so cruel.
I'm trying to find a connection between Takao's task and his family's death.
It can't be as simple as a way for Takao to leave the house so that the murder can happen.
It can't be a way for the lenders to force Takao to pay his debts.
I'm thinking the lenders make use of Takao for a ritual in return for absolving his debt. That ritual must have also required human sacrifice.
Life was sad for Takao's family. RIP.

As depressing as this story is, I actually like reading it.
Thank you for this story, Ms Saya. Have a nice weekend.

- nunu -
Anonymous said…
I dont understand this story really. I just find the moneylenders to be some kind of...Wizards or Witches of Hogwarts or something. How could his task kill his own family? Yeah the moneylenders can threaten Takao to pay off the debts but i dont exactly understand.

this story ain't depressing to me.
Have a nice weekend wherever you are.

-That one anonymous
Sunny said…
What was inside the urn tho? I was gonna say the head of his daughter or something when he called his wife.
thank Saya-san!
it's such a good story and.. yep, gambling is bad, there is nothing good about it yeah yeah *nods nods*
allucinator said…
Quite the horror. One can suspect the lender, yet there is no solid evidence.

I imagined way worse if these lenders are mundane rather than supernatural.
George V said…
Scary people he got involved with. I can only assume that the Moneylenders collect souls, when you cannot pay them back. Scary.
Cookie Chan said…
i have an idea that might help: i believe that the urn he threw at the grave contained the dust/remains of the wife/daughter of the previous person who failed to pay back the moneylenders. this is probably their process, when someone fails to pay them, they kill his family and keep their remains for the next guy who fails to get rid of, while they kill his family. and the circle goes on. why would they do this, i dont know. it could be just plain sadism and revenge, or it could serve as a warning. i also dont know WHEN they collect those remains, since they left his dead family in his house to see.
Hello, everyone! Sorry for the delay in replying πŸ˜ŠπŸ™✨

I too just read someone else's theory as to what happened, and that theory is pretty much the same as the one told by Cookie Chan who commented above me!

The moneylender kills the family of whoever fails to pay the debt, and the next different person who fails to pay the debt has to carry the urn to the grave while that person's family gets killed too, and the cycle will repeat itself. I am sorry if I am not explaining it well.😱✨

But as Cookie Chan pointed out, when are they going to collect the remains of the family? LOL

I really like the idea though that this was a kind of ritual performed by the moneylender.

Thank you all so much for your comments πŸ’–πŸŽ΅✨
Thank you so much, Nunu, for your comment and theory! ⭐✨ I actually hadn't thought about the possibility of a ritual being involved, but it makes a lot of sense too! Please read my comment at the bottom for the exalanation I myself heard for this story!πŸ’–✨
Don't worry because I didn't understand the story either and I am not sure of I understand it now.πŸ˜†✨

I am glad it wasn't depressing to you! I was worried because I know some people have been heavily affected by the war and COVID, and I didn't want to add another negativity to your lives πŸ˜†πŸŒˆ✨

Thank you so much and I hope you had a great weekend too! See you soon 🌷✨
Oh no! That would be gruesome πŸ˜†πŸŒ±✨Thank you so much for your comment!
I never understood why some people like gambling so much, but apparently it changes the structure of your brain when you are addicted to it much like the drugs do? πŸ˜†⭐ No, stay away from gambling! You can get rich by other means! Like me. LOL I am rich without trying.
I think the moneylender is very suspicious!πŸ˜†✨I know you are not into gambling, because you are a wise man. So you are safe!πŸ˜†⭐

Thak you for your comment!πŸ™✨
They probably do! Underground moneylenders are often Yakuza, so you don't expect them to behave normally like us! I hope you were able to sleep well after you read this!πŸ˜†⭐Thank you so much for your comment!
How perceptive of you!πŸ˜†πŸ’“πŸŽ΅✨

You wrote the explanation for this story I was going to write myself, but I never thought about how they might collect the remains of the family! πŸ˜†✨

Now I am not sure if my explanation is correct or not!πŸ˜†⭐

Thank you so much for your comment!πŸ™πŸ§‘✨

Jack said…
Hmmm, I wonder if they were trying to get him out of the house to off his family as punishment. Though the idea of a ritual makes it more interesting! Thanks for the story, Saya!
Yes, that was exactly what they were doing! I think. πŸ˜†✨

Thank you so much for commenting, Jack!πŸ™πŸ’–✨
Ink said…
This story was amazing.

My theory: It's a magic-for-payment deal. The person who carries the cinerary urn to the graveyard is asking for the death of the person photographed on the urn, but the payment is the death of the carrier's most beloved person in return.

The moneylenders send people like Takeo to do this task, so that they can get the desired person murdered (maybe a relative of a business rival, a relative of another debtor, or someone they received a contract to have killed). Then Takeo pays the spiritual cost for 'requesting' the murder, they get the benefit of the murder, and their own beloved people are left unharmed. But I imagine it's a very bad idea to manipulate spirits like that.
I am so glad you like the story!πŸ˜ŠπŸŒΌπŸ’˜

Since I don't update so often, I do my best recently to find a story that is unique and special, and which no one else may have translated!🌈✨

But wow, I love your theory a lot! It makes so much sense! Thank you so much for sharing it with us 🌸⭐✨
claire said…
aah i think i kinda know what this is

in my country, its a public secret that theres a forbidden dark arts / ritual to 'sacrifice' someone to gain incredible fortune. the money lender probably did some ritual that sacrifice both the wife and the kid
Oh that's so bizarre!πŸ˜†⭐🌈

There is a far easier way to gain a fortune! Just read The Power of Subconscious Mind or Neville Goddard books and practice what they teach! LOL ✨

Thank you so much for your interesting information!πŸ’–✨


Steeple said…
i definitely thought those ashes were from other "inconvenient" people, and the yakuza used the gambler as a patsy to dispose of the remains in shared grave, to get the angry spirits to curse the gambler instead of a gang member.

i think the gambler is gonna die next, and then he and his family will be urns interned there...
Oh that would be a horrible end for him indeed! I have never thought of that possibility! Thank you so much for sharing your theory!πŸ˜†✨