We are Friends, aren't We?

If you would like to be notified of future posts:

*Follow Me on Twitter @Saya_Underworld
*Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/saya_in_underworld
(Translated and arranged by Saya)

๐Ÿ˜Š Updating Every Saturday ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽต✨



A group of four close friends went to a famous local haunted place by car, in the middle of the night, to do kimodameshi (a test of courage **). 

The haunted place was a tunnel, and, true to its reputation, it had an eerie atmosphere; the street which led to it was dark, with hardly any street lights. 
When they arrived there, they got out of the car and walked into the tunnel, carrying just one torch with them. 

They were a little scared at first, but they soon got used to being in there. 
They said to one another:
"This is not scary at all! We heard this was one of the worst haunted places but we don't see or feel anything in here!" 

Nothing really happened, so they soon returned to the car to go back home, but the one who was driving wouldn't start the car. 

So one of the others asked, "what's the matter?" 

The driver replied, asking in return, 
"Hey, we are friends, aren't we?" 

The others wondered why the person suddenly asked such a question, but they all answered, "Of course we are! We will all be friends until we die!" 

The driver, on hearing those words, shouted, "Then look at my legs! I can't move because these white hands are holding my legs! Please help me!!!" 

They all looked down at his legs and saw a countless number of ghastly white hands gripping and holding down his legs, so that his foot couldn't step on the accelerator. When the other three saw it, even though they had sworn to be his friends until they died, they ran away immediately, leaving the hapless driver alone in the car. 

The next day, by the time those three "friends" dared to come back to the place, the car was gone. The driver had disappeared along with the car, and he is still missing today. 



-------------------------
Oh well! I hope you who are reading this are blessed with loyal and faithful friends ๐Ÿ˜†๐ŸŽต✨

This is a famous urban legend and you might have read it somewhere else. ⭐

There are actually several different versions to the story.
 
In another version of the story I read, the tunnel was old and covered with ivy. At the end of the story, the friends find the car empty, and the driver missing. 
They search the vicinity of the car, and soon find the driver on the side of the tunnel, dead and trapped in the tangle of ivy.



-------------------------
**Other Stories involving Kimodameshi :






๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฑ⭐

Don't get too depressed by reading these scary stories! ๐Ÿ˜†๐ŸŽต✨
Make sure you read something FUNNY too!


๐Ÿ˜Bonus Picture
I hope this doesn't happen to me LOL



Comments

I notice recently that the "Three Curious Urban Legends" have become really popular. I wonder why? I didn't expect it to to become this popular.๐Ÿ˜†⭐

Anyway, thank you for commenting! I really appreciate your contribution to the blog. You have no idea how much I look forward to your comments ๐Ÿ˜†๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ’–
Anonymous said…
Wow a nostalgic one! Awesome Saya!
I remember this story way back from the 90s, maybe it actually has exist since the invention of motor vehicle, or maybe far even older since the early existence of animal or human powered transportation methods.
I've read countless same stories from all over the world, read many mangas about it, and at least a few films of eastern and western origin.

Then again if it were my car, I doubt the ghosts would even want to get close...let alone get inside... no it's not covered in spirit repeller or contain the equivalent of a dumpsite (I know someone with a very dirty car interior), it's just... and old shitbox seemingly with a mind or mood of its own about when it will cooperate, turn check engine light on, or just straight up won't start :( haha XD
Maybe it will refuse to go to such haunted place in the first place XD

Anonymous said…
Also here's a story about a haunted Ferrari:

A guy bought a very cheap but working fine older model 2-seater Ferrari which should have cost more since it was a classic, the catch was it was owned by someone who disappeared mysteriously.
One day while driving, the new owner suddenly screamed and frightened to the point he almost had an accident before he was stopped by the police for questioning.
All the guy said was "There's a disfigured bleeding person on the backseat!!"

Now, this is a actually a stupid story because it doesn't make sense, even if you're not a car enthusiast XD

Oh ๐Ÿ˜†⭐ I didn't know they have manga based on this story!

I am glad I was able to post my own version of the story!

Your car seems to be well protected ๐Ÿคฃ๐ŸŒˆ✨

Thank you so much for your comment!๐Ÿ™✨
Oh such an interesting story! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!๐Ÿ˜†๐ŸŒท✨

That reminds me of a 2chan thread I was intending to translate but nearly forgot!
Thanks to you I remember it now and I am going to start working on it this week! LOL ✨It will probably be ready to be published this month or next month!

Btw I wouldn't mind driving in that haunted car, because haunted or not, it's a Ferrari ๐Ÿคฃ⭐✨
misseal said…
Ahh I thought they were all going to die!! Poor driver this story is both scary and sad ๐Ÿ˜ญ thank youuuu
I know! But don't be sad! I am sure your friends would stay with you if you were in a similar situation ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŽต✨

Thank you so much for commenting ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒธ✨
Anonymous said…
Hello Ms Saya.

This story is extremely depressing. I'm so sad for the driver.
I would like to think that the ghosts let the driver go. And because of the betrayal, he was broken hearted. And thus, he blocked his so-called friends from all his social media and left town to find new friends and happiness.
Ok. I know it's very unlikely.
But hopefully, wherever the driver ended up, he will have a new bunch of loyal friends.

This story reminded me of the story about a haunted tunnel that I read here. A story about a car driving through the tunnel where it suddenly seemed to 'rain'. I really loved that one.

Thank you for this story, Saya-san. And as for the bonus picture, I guess the photographer forgot to apply the same filter or photoshop to the lady's reflection.

- nunu -
Here's the story you mentioned!
https://sayainunderworld.blogspot.com/2007/09/in-underground.html?m=1

It was such a long time ago that I almost forgot the existence of this story ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ’“✨So thank you for that!

I hope that's what happened to him too!๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿงก✨
I think the scariest part of this story is indeed the disloyalty of the friends!

Exactly! The picture was badly photoshopped!๐Ÿคฃ✨ That's why I said I hope it won't happen to me! LOL ✨

Thank you so much for your interesting comment!๐ŸŒธ✨๐ŸŒธ✨๐ŸŒธ⭐
Anonymous said…
Jeez, this story could literally happen in real life with a different situation. I hope that the driver wasn't killed by those hands but instead brought to a better place. And as for the picture, it seems photoshopped but the person who photoshopped it wasn't aware of that refelection lol. Though the refelective surface looks like clear glass it may be someone behind it near to her.

-that one anonymous
Exactly! ๐Ÿ˜†⭐ But my friends are all great so I am sure they would never leave me in a dire situation! Most people are good in the world LOL ✨

But don't trust Photoshop! LOL
Good posing,right makeup and lighting would be enough to make you look good!๐Ÿคฃ✨

It would be scarier if someone was actually behind the window though! ๐Ÿ˜†✨

Thank you for your merry comment, good anonymous!✨๐ŸŒˆ
Lewis said…
I feel the friends' betrayal was more horrifying than the ghosts. At the same time, what could they have done to help their friend?
Yes, exactly. ๐Ÿ˜†⭐It reflects the deepest fear we have of other people. Do we really know our friends/family/partners and can we really trust them?

And your last question throws us into another reflection. It's easy to condemn those unfaithful friends, but what would we have done if we were one of them? Do we trust ourselves to act in a right way? How faithful and loyal are we to our friends/family/partners? This reveals that the distrust we have of others is really a reflection of the distrust we have of ourselves. We would like to be always good, but we are also humans, and sometimes the urge to protect ourselves overcome the desire to be good.

Thank you so much for your comment ๐Ÿ™⭐



George V said…
Thanks for the bonus picture. That story is a definitely scary one. I wonder, what would have happened if they had stayed...
I kinda feel a little bad to publish this kind of story because I feel like I am increasing people's distrust in people ๐Ÿคฃ✨. So that's why I put the funny bonus picture to lift your mood up ๐Ÿคฃ⭐

Has they stayed, they would have gone to heaven together! ๐Ÿคฃ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŽต

Thank you so much for your comment!
Second Sun said…
Hello Saya! I'm always lurking and reading but I shall start commenting from now on ๐Ÿ˜†

Thank you for translation!
Poor guy. It looks like the friends failed the courage test ๐Ÿ˜‚
Oh wonderful!๐Ÿ˜❤️๐Ÿ™ I would really appreciate it as others surely would! ⭐✨ Those posts are boring without some contribution from readers!

I feel sorry because those three unfaithful friends should be the ones who got punished for their unlovely acts.๐Ÿคฃ✨✨⭐In Japanese ghost stories, unfortunately, it's usually good guys who suffer misfortunes!

Thank you so much for your comment!๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒท✨
allucinator said…
There really was a test of courage: the three stooges cowered and left.
I would like to think I am the kind of person who would stay for the friend!๐Ÿ˜†✨ I am sure you would stay too!

Thank you so much for your comment!
Steeple said…
idk if its the same way in japanese, but usually "hey we're friends right" usually prefaces something less pleasant lmao. like "can you help me move".

seriously though, i feel like three adults could at least try and pull their friend free! or even push the car if it came to it. i cant help but wonder why only the driver was attacked.
In Japan it's probably the same!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐ŸŒˆ⭐

Actually, my friends aren't like that! We are all good people. LOL

Perhaps the ghosts thought the best way to make them stay was just attack the driver! ๐Ÿ˜†✨

Thank you so much for your comment!