Unremovable Curse

If you would like to be notified of future posts, follow me on:

My Instagram:

My Twitter:

🌸 Updating every Saturday EVENING (Japan Time)

A famous ghost photo I ALWAYS see on the Japanese internet πŸ˜†


(Translated and arranged by Saya)


(Foreword from Saya:  This story is NOT cursed although it has the word "curse" in the title. So please rest assured that you will be safe reading it πŸ˜†⭐)


Last summer, I went on a trip with my friend A and other four friends.

During the day, we went hiking or fishing, and at night, we barbecued and played with sparklers.

It was just a fun, ordinary sort of trip.

My friend A took so many pictures during the trip with his digital camera.

We stayed at a mountain hotel.
Around midnight, when we were getting sleepy, A told us that his camera's memory was nearly full and it could only take one more picture; so he made us line up side by side, and took a group photo of all six of us together using a timer. 

We all had accounts on a social media similar to mixi (Note: a Japanese social media where each person can write a blog and join various communities) and it was our main place for communication.

We were sharing our memories of the trip on there, by posting dairy entries and leaving comments on them.
And then someone remembered about the group photo we took, and wanted to ask A to share it with us.

As A hadn't logged in for the past few days, I took on the task of sending him a message.

"Send us that group photo of us we took at the end of our trip!"

Next day, a reply came from A:
"Oh that one... That one didn't come out so well. You wouldn't like it if you saw it."

"I don't mind if it isn't so good. Send it to us anyway."

About ten hours later, I logged in again to see a new messages from A with a photo attached to it.

The message said that A had already sent it to everyone else.

I took a look at the photo.

The six of us stood in line by a window.

The window was so large that it almost reached floor to ceiling.

It was pitch dark outside and the glass reflected the interior of the room very clearly.

But something was wrong.

We were standing with our backs to the window.

So, naturally, it followed that our backs and the back of our heads were reflected in the window.

But the part of the window behind one girl, called B, wasn't reflecting anything.

Just pure darkness of night spread behind her. 

The overall quality of the photo was good though.

A had lied to me.

He probably didn't want to show the photo to us, due to having noticed the abnormality of the window behind B. 

"What!? This picture is edited! Don't give me a scare like that!"
B posted a diary entry.

B was at first surprised to see that there was only darkness behind her, but when she looked at it more carefully, she noticed the colour of the window looked unnatural.
She realised that A had deleted B's reflection on purpose by using a photo editing software.

"I can't believe A did this to me! He did a really good job scaring me!"

B died the next day.

She went to a faraway train station she had never been to, and jumped in front of a train.

A sent me another photo.

It was the unedited version of the same group photo.

There was a reflection of B's back in the window --- but numerous white faces floated all around it.

"It seems like you can remove an image, but the curse of a spirit can never be removed."
A said in the message.

"I didn't believe in the existence of a curse --- at first.
I was afraid it would make B feel uncomfortable if she saw it, so I removed it. 
I figured it would cause no harm once it was erased.
I didn't realise that I erased B's reflection too.
I was too focused on getting rid of those faces."

I printed out both two photos and took them to a psychic medium, although it cost me quite a bit of money.

"This one is edited. A foolish prank!"

The psychic medium said, pointing at the photo that included the white faces. 

"But more importantly, this! This photo is truly problematic."

It was the photo of B without her reflection, which A had claimed to have edited.

"I see a dark colour of night, an ominous darkness, coagulating right behind her. 
Someone suffused this colour with an fathomless grudge."



--------------

I watched this the other day, and it was so relaxing!
Ginza looks nicer at night!⭐



Comments

Hello, everyone! I hope you will enjoy this week's post!

Sakura in my city is in full bloom but unfortunately it has been raining for many days 😭

But some Sakura and Peach blossoms in my garden are not in bloom yet! I hope I can post pictures of them on Instagram and Twitter!

Thank you so much for coming to my blog! I hope you are all happy and well!

See you again next week!🌸🌸🌸⭐
Anonymous said…
So editing the photo was a mistake or did I misunderstood something?
ProjectCnacan said…
Wait, so is A curse B and make a spirit photograph as an alibi?
Anonymous said…
Cheer up Saya 😁 it won't rain everyday, afterall it's not London πŸ˜….
The story looks like photoshop battle gone supernaturally wrong to me, I'll be honest I have a black comedy sitcom feels from it instead of pure horror, and it feels refreshing and entertaining! πŸ‘»
do post the 🌸 Cherry and peach when it's blooming! 😁
Anonymous said…
Hello, Saya-san, glad to see that your blog is still active! I first found it a couple of years ago, and while I occasionally took a break, I always ended up coming back to read the stories you share. Hopefully the rain will let up soon so you can enjoy the Sakura again!

As for this week's story, wow, that was a good twist! I assume A maliciously erased B's shadow to curse her, and then sent out the "creepy" photo as an alibi. Though of course, either way, can't be proven that that's what led to her death. Still, it helps that the narrator knows the truth.
allucinator said…
The psychic made me confused. Perhaps the psychic is overreading. If A is given the benefit of the doubt, it could have been an iatrogenic mistake. Otherwise, the psychic is perhaps right.

A sakura is somewhat a symbol of beautiful impermanence. It's what I learned from Sekiro.
George V said…
Now I know to be careful editing photos I take. Scary... I love walks like these. Very interesting.
Anonymous said…
Wait, i didn't get the story! So, A edited the picture in order to curse B? Removing her shadow was how A cursed her?
My guess is that A cursed B by using the photo, or the photo changed on its own because of A's curse. And A photoshopped the photo and superimposed the image of the white faces on it because he didn't want people to suspect him!
Also thank you so much for your comment!πŸ˜†
I think so ~πŸ˜†⭐
Thank you so much for your comment!
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the explanation. I found the psychic's words a little confusing
Thank you ~❤️
Oh are you from London? I used to live there for some years! I don't want to remember what the weather was like there especially during winter 😱

I'm glad you found the story amusing 🀣⭐

I took some pictures of cherry and peach blossoms today although it was still raining 😱🌧️ I may post a few of them on my social media accounts!

Thank you so much for your joyous comment !✨🌸
You're welcome! It is a little confusing story!
Hello! Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving a comment! 😊⭐ I'm always so happy to hear from my readers!

The rain hopefully will stop tomorrow! I will go out and enjoy Sakura around my house πŸ˜†✨

My thoughts exactly!😱
It's scary to imagine what kind of grudge A held against B...😱⭐

Thank you so much for your comment again! Take care and come again!❤️
Yes, I'm sorry the story is confusing! When I first read it, I was confused too!πŸ˜†⭐

You know so many difficult words ~🀣✨

I should watch a walkthrough of Sekiro on YouTube! It sounds interesting!

Yes, Sakura has always been a symbol of impermanence and Japanese people have always seen beauty in things that are ephemeral!

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!🌸
Yes, please be careful!🀣⭐
Although you would probably need to have an intense grudge for it to take effect, which I can't imagine you having!

Thank you so much for your comment!πŸ™✨
I think that's what happened, and A created the photo with the white faces as a sort of alibi, as another person in the comments said! ⭐

Thank you so much for your comment πŸ’ž
Aeri chan~ said…
What a poor girl getting a cursed both from the ghost and her friend :(, double kill bro.
Saya_In_Underworld said…
The ghost was photoshopped. πŸ˜† It was only A who cursed her .

Thank you so much for your comment!
Aeri chan~ said…
WhaaatπŸ˜…
Dio said…
I believe I read this one differently regarding the psychic. To me, I think the psychic may have been a fraud because obviously B was cursed and the photo of the faces was proof. But if the psychic said the "true image" of the face was real, they perhaps thought they'd be accused of being a fraud because the image is so fantastic, but the one of the dark shadow instead was easier to make something like "oh this is obviously a grudge, look at the darkness!" In this way the psychic makes perfect sense, but we have to believe in the possibility that the psychic is a fraud. After all, the narrator points out that the visit cost quite a lot of money! It also exonerates A because all he did was take the picture and tried to make it less menacing; I don't believe he cursed her in the first place.
Saya In Underworld said…
Sorry, I didn’t realise I didn’t reply to your comment! That’s a possibility too! Thank you so much for sharing your theory! Very interesting πŸ˜†πŸ’•
Anonymous said…
Strange story. These stories are really confusing. I guess that’s part of the allure. What I think happened is A holds a grudge against B san and placed a curse on the first photo by photoshopping ghastly faces and cursing her not believing that it was real. The curse didn’t take effect until he edited out the white faces while also accidentally erasing her reflection in the moment triggering the curse to take effect.
SAYA said…
That’s an interesting theory! That’s also possible! Thank you for sharing it with us😊✨