Lily


(Translated by Saya)

Three years ago, my ex-girlfriend, who was the same age as me, died in an accident.
For the next three years I didn't go out with anyone, but recently I met a girl whom I fell in love with. I told her all about my ex-girlfriend, and in time I came to love her nearly as much as I loved my ex-girlfriend. Finally, one day I confessed my feelings to her and we started going out.

And then my ex-girlfriend's death anniversary came around, and I decided to visit her grave with my "present" girlfriend this time.
In front of her grave, I said:
"I fell in love with someone again. I wonder if you will forgive me?"
My present girlfriend became tearful as I uttered these words.
Afterwards we had dinner together and I went back to my own house and she went back to hers (we lived on our own, separately).

When I arrived home, I found one lily lying on top of a table in the sitting room.
Lily was the flower which my ex-girlfriend loved the most when she was alive.
I had never given a spare key to anyone, and although I always buy a bunch of lilies to take to her grave, I buy them on the way to her grave and had never brought them home.

I thought it must be a sign from her that she had forgiven me. 



Comments

I think this story is really cute and I hope you guys enjoy it too! :D
Unknown said…
*stabbed* Damn that brings back memories :') but yeah, that was one sweet tale of love from beyond the grave.
That was so beautiful oml c:
George V said…
Very sweet. Also Saya, stay safe if you are near any of places being hit by the typhoon.
CY said…
I don't think she forgave him. Isn't wjite Lily means refrain from extramarital affair? So it is like a soft warning at that point in time.
CreanJinSung said…
How nice. I do not want to taint this story with my "dark" mind.

If that were me though, I wouldn't leave a flower. I would leave a letter. More concrete as evidence that I forgive and I have my way with words in order for people to know it is really me.
Gabriel said…
Heartwarming is the perfect tag for this story, it did brighten my day and make me smile. I can't help but think that his late girlfriend would have wanted him to move on as well, so that lily was her way of saying goodbye and thanking him for everything.

Btw, allow me to say again that I'm very grateful for all your tips regarding England! I learned a lot and it sure made me more excited to travel there one day
I'm sad to hear that there's a typhoon there in Japan, I pray that nothing bad happens and everything goes well for everyone.

As always, thank you very much for translating this nice story for us. Take care, I hope you and the ones you care for stay safe.
@Sir Calvin Taylor Aww I hope I didn't make you cry too much!
@Ofelia I'm glad you like it! I think it's a beautiful story too! :D
@George Thank you for your kind concern, George!:)Fortunately the area where I live wasn't affected by the typhoon but other areas got hit badly. I'm praying for their quick recovery from the ordeals.
@CY oh no!lol
Althogh it didn't say in the story that it was a white lily, you might be right, yes. XD
@CreanJinSung OK I'm glad you stopped yourself from sharing those dark thoughts! XD

Ah yes, laying a flower on top of a table doesn't exactly make a clear sort of message, does it? lol
@Gabriel I'm glad the story was able to put a smile on your face, dear Gabriel :D <3
I thought sometimes my blog readers needed a break from scary posts!

I think what the late girlfriend displayed was true love, to wish
that he be happy with another person <3

Oh thank you, I'm glad you found the info about England useful! :)
Thank you very much too for praying for the people in Japan. Typhoons did terrible damages to some areas and now we had an earthquake in the north this morning. We have been having so much natural disaster recently.

Take care too, dear friend, I hope the people in your country are all safe!:)
Zero26 said…
This is a very sweet story even though my mind tries to go to worst possible scenario because of the other stories on this site :D
ReignTracer said…
you're right, the story is kinda sweet, but given the stories in these site, it can also mean she is coming for him and that flower is a sign that she is in his home lol